• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo gets traded to?

Where does Romo end up?

• Denver

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • NY Jets

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Miami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacksonville

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bradford deal didn't end up working out because Peterson got hurt and the rest of the team sucked. It had nothing to do with Bradford not playing well. So it should not scare teams away from making a deal for Romo.

It didn't give the Vikings the boost that some thought it would. There have still been teams that think Bradford is a quality starter in this league and that injuries and quality of team around him are why he has failed. so to see him pretty much go to that game manager role this year yes hurts the deal for Romo. There are plenty of other reasons beyond that of why teams are hesitant to trade for Romo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see it all the time, teams over paying for QBs. There are a myriad of examples of QBs with far less going for them than Romo that teams over pay for. I will wait and see. I don't buy all this B.S. that Romo isn't worth a conditional 2nd based on games played. The trading team gets protected in the event that Romo misses significant time, and if Romo plays, then I am confident a 2nd rounder will be worth it.

Not saying if he stays healthy he isn't worth it. From what I understand teams around the league really don't believe he can last 16 games and the playoffs anymore. And when they look at it like they would be lucky to get 2 years of production out of him then it is hard to justify a 2nd round pick for him.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible yes. No matter what you do you are pushing cap issues further down the road. They are helped by the fact that Dak won't cost but pennies on the dollar so they should be able to get it back under control but still Romo's contract will hurt them from improving any other way but the draft this year from what I can tell.

That's just the nature of the beast.

I think after 2017, most of Dallas' cap issues should be behind them. No big spending this off season, but the Cowboys have so much young talent that is still improving that I think they can get by.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their starting QB had 15 passing TD's this year, the Chiefs are too good overall to ever be 4-12, I also think if Romo got injured, you'd have Watson, who has a similar game to Romo, imo, to learn from Romo while taking over the reigns of a great team.
Watson is a project and Romo will be 37. They should go one way or the other but also keep Alex Smith on the team.

Chiefs went all in on Montana when he was Romo's age and he just didn't have the health to get over the top and Romo is no Montana. Its worth doing but not worth going all-in doing.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying if he stays healthy he isn't worth it. From what I understand teams around the league really don't believe he can last 16 games and the playoffs anymore. And when they look at it like they would be lucky to get 2 years of production out of him then it is hard to justify a 2nd round pick for him.

I suppose we will see. My money is on a conditional 2nd in 2018.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that trades for Romo will only owe $14mil in 2017, $19.5mil in 2018, $20.5mil in 2019. Any team that trades for him can cut him with no dead money at any time.

I really see DEN making a hard run at him...2nd is stiff though...I can see conditional 3rd working back to a 2nd...even with that he'd have to be willing to message his '18 CH I think.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose we will see. My money is on a conditional 2nd in 2018.

To me this is how I view it. Right now he is maybe worth a 4th to teams. Come training camp and maybe a key injury or two and that price jumps up. So at this point it might be worth going ahead and holding onto Romo.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't give the Vikings the boost that some thought it would. There have still been teams that think Bradford is a quality starter in this league and that injuries and quality of team around him are why he has failed. so to see him pretty much go to that game manager role this year yes hurts the deal for Romo. There are plenty of other reasons beyond that of why teams are hesitant to trade for Romo.

Again, Bradford isn't the reason the Vikings weren't a good team. The reason he went into game manager mode is because his offensive line sucked to bad to let him hold onto the ball long enough to throw a deep pass.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything above a 4th for Romo is highway robbery and thats after something is done with his current contract.

Bradford is like 6+ years younger than Romo. No comparison.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see teams being hesitant because of his injury history. But not because the Vikings team sucked around Bradford.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything above a 4th for Romo is highway robbery and thats after something is done with his current contract.

Romo's current contract is not the issue for any team trading for him. And a 4th rounder? Snowball's chance in hell...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo's current contract is not the issue for any team trading for him. And a 4th rounder? Snowball's chance in hell...
Give me a list of QBs with Super Bowl appearances after 37. 4th rounder would be a high pick for Romo

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see teams being hesitant because of his injury history. But not because the Vikings team sucked around Bradford.

I'm just telling you what I have heard from teams around the league. Yes Bradford wasn't the only issue but they didn't view him as worth a 1st round pick and more by the end of this season. They think that trade went highly in favor of the Eagles. When you throw in that teams view Bradford as much less risk and a better chance to actually get some quality years out of him compared to Romo teams are not willing to offer even close to what the Vikings did.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a list of QBs with Super Bowl appearances after 37. 4th rounder would be a high pick for Romo

We will see. A 4th rounder straight up? LOL

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just telling you what I have heard from teams around the league. Yes Bradford wasn't the only issue but they didn't view him as worth a 1st round pick and more by the end of this season. They think that trade went highly in favor of the Eagles. When you throw in that teams view Bradford as much less risk and a better chance to actually get some quality years out of him compared to Romo teams are not willing to offer even close to what the Vikings did.

I agree that a 1st round pick was very high for a QB with an injury history and who's never won anything in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that a 1st round pick was very high for a QB with an injury history and who's never won anything in the NFL.

Agreed, so then we are talking about a QB with maybe even worse injury concerns, age is a huge issue, and hasn't hardly played in 2 years. And you are thinking teams are wanting to give up a 2nd for him?