• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riddick Video is the best

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St
Some here do and some here don't, to me that's clear to others, it's about not being able to see beyond such juvenile things as "hating" or "not liking" Kirk, the long departed #10, some arbitrary "market" based on that tag or a universal NFL.

I'm not sure who the "we" that you speak of are, but sometimes all of us must be reminded of the strictly business side of the NFL. Sure from a fan's perspective it's stupid, no one disputes that, but stupid or not if we are to remain fans, we'll just have to learn to live with the business decisions made by those in charge of making them. #FUCKBRUCEALLEN
Sty, your analysis of the tag situation is spot on. The only point I would raise is that the franchise did not have to tag KC. They chose to do because they had no other options. By doing so, they expressly implied that KC was worth it to them to play for this year at $24.5M. Therefore, they set they value. Not KC. not the collective bargaining agreement. The redskins did by making a choice.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume Snyder but couldn't find it.
That is correct. He is an employee of the local ESPN radio franchise owned by Dan Snyder.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know who cooley works for, right? If not, you might want to investigate it.

What's your point? That's irrelevant. He was somewhat critical of the handling of the KC contract over the last couple years..so he isn't exactly sucking ass. I just thought it was interesting he praised Allen for having the sack to own it..to come out and tell everyone what went down.

Fact is...if that information was leaked by "unnamed sources", everyone, especially s dad would be crying foul so loud, I could hear him. He told Kurt :) he was gonna talk about it. But yet, he took the low road. People need to get thicker skin. I think the lovers would have been happy if they "thought" BA was still sitting on that $25 mill gtd offer.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i answered that already , but i will say it again . he was taking the high road

now mitz , do you believe no numbers , no offers , no counter offers were discussed ? and if not just what were they talking about ?

The contracts the Redskins (because the FO believed in him) offered, and KC signed for the last two seasons has secured his life, kids and grand kids future. The money KC has made in the last two years will be more than 75% of his current Redskins teammates combined will ever make in the NFL.

His legacy at this point will be about winning Championships.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it implied because we are talking about KC?

1- what about a Signing bonus?

2- Age is not a factor when dealing with a 28 year old QB.

3- I said injury is always possible but some are less likely to be injured.

4- No. I totally agree. At the price tag it will take, I am not sure I want to keep him now.

5- idiocy isn't about intelligence

No it's NOT implied because anyone talking about what he's being paid on the tag and relating that to what a privately owned business will pay him, is conflating two different things. Granted he might get that but it will be because that's what some team wants to pay him and not because it was dictated by the tag.

1. The team signing him could it theory offer a huge signing bonus with a base salary of...say, 18M.

2. So if he dies, then he'll get what?

3. agreed

4. agreed (hey that's two in a row) gotta stop that shit)

5. Debatable....although oftentimes related.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point? That's irrelevant. He was somewhat critical of the handling of the KC contract over the last couple years..so he isn't exactly sucking ass. I just thought it was interesting he praised Allen for having the sack to own it..to come out and tell everyone what went down.

Fact is...if that information was leaked by "unnamed sources", everyone, especially s dad would be crying foul so loud, I could hear him. But yet, he took the low road. People need to get thicker skin.
What is relevant is that they have used cooley in the past to "leak" information that they want to get out. SM's supposed alcohol issues came directly from Cooley, for example. Cooley is not an unbiased analyst. Know your sources.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was before the draft. When we started to talk about trades with the 49ers. you were against any offer.
if you can find it go ahead ? i bet money i said no one would offer us 2 first rounders for a one year rental before i answered . but again why are you bringing up a hypothetical ? fact , no one offered us up a trade of any kind for KC before during and after the draft . , let alone any 1st rounders . why dean ? because it was a stupid idea

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not. But do you agree that there were probably discussions? And if so, is it realistic to think that the subject of the May offer didn't come up?
@VTSparks ???? Your thoughts????

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fact is...if that information was leaked by "unnamed sources", everyone, especially s dad would be crying foul so loud, I could hear him. He told Kurt :) he was gonna talk about it. But yet, he took the low road. People need to get thicker skin. I think the lovers would have been happy if they "thought" BA was still sitting on that $25 mill gtd offer.

again VT you just brush of conflict of interests . you brush off that cooley knowingly reported a false rumor about SM ? he had to know it was false because he is around the team and knows the players .

but again why would i be surprised . you think that during several meetings since may 2 that no one discussed contracts offered and counter offered anything , even once , say like here in MI over the weekend . that they just looked at each other across the table and meditated

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's NOT implied because anyone talking about what he's being paid on the tag and relating that to what a privately owned business will pay him, is conflating two different things. Granted he might get that but it will be because that's what some team wants to pay him and not because it was dictated by the tag.

1. The team signing him could it theory offer a huge signing bonus with a base salary of...say, 18M.

2. So if he dies, then he'll get what?

3. agreed

4. agreed (hey that's two in a row) gotta stop that shit)

5. Debatable....although oftentimes related.

So his price is dictated by the market. Thank you.

1- when discussing average yearly salary, the signing bonus is included in the numbers.

2- who cares? He is dead.

5- oh so true.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Bruce Allen's asshole is large enough for two heads.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@VTSparks ???? Your thoughts????
he thinks they talked about everything but that contract and he and his buddy "mr read between the lines " some how cant read between lines now . mitzi s in there too .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are right i would cry foul just as i did when the old "he was offered 65 mil but countered with 95 mil and you haters ran off with that without any proof . here BA let it all hang out and did it to smear his qb . it backfired even though you guys think they talked about the nats for over 2 months and never mentioned the contract

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he thinks they talked about everything but that contract and he and his buddy "mr read between the lines " some how cant read between lines now . mitzi s in there too .
I'm just trying to understand if they truly believe Allen when he claims there was no response from KC's camp from the may offer. I just find that incredulous. Maybe not a formal response but you can bet your bottom dollar that within days the FO knew the offer was unacceptable to KC and his agent. Only the foolish could believe otherwise.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again VT you just brush of conflict of interests . you brush off that cooley knowingly reported a false rumor about SM ? he had to know it was false because he is around the team and knows the players .

but again why would i be surprised . you think that during several meetings since may 2 that no one discussed contracts offered and counter offered anything , even once , say like here in MI over the weekend . that they just looked at each other across the table and meditated

Not gonna re-hash the SM drunk thing. There are conflicting reports and opinions on that, fact is, no one really knows.

As far as the contract negotiations go, sure, Im sure some things were discussed in the last couple months. KCs camp probably waited at least until late June (after Carr) before getting serious about any of it.

Any change in offers and counter offers? No, Cuz Kirk said so, need me to pull the quote??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St

Sty, your analysis of the tag situation is spot on. The only point I would raise is that the franchise did not have to tag KC. They chose to do because they had no other options. By doing so, they expressly implied that KC was worth it to them to play for this year at $24.5M. Therefore, they set they value. Not KC. not the collective bargaining agreement. The redskins did by making a choice.

Oh, I agree, they did set the value which was agreed on in the CBA.....FOR THIS YEAR and this year ONLY.

I don't agree with anyone who states that a privately owned business who pays a one year $24M collectively bargained salary HAS to adhere to that as a floor in negotiations on a LTD. Isn't it obvious that Mutt and Jeff don't value him for that long term? Unless I totally missed it, the offers that he's gotten are well below that number and as such reveal to us what value they have ACTUALLY placed on him. Help out if I'm wrong about this!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contracts the Redskins (because the FO believed in him) offered, and KC signed for the last two seasons has secured his life, kids and grand kids future. The money KC has made in the last two years will be more than 75% of his current Redskins teammates combined will ever make in the NFL.

His legacy at this point will be about winning Championships.
and that has nothing to do with the questions i asked that you quoted . what do you think they talked about MITZ ? do you believe that no numbers , no offers , no counter offers were made in any meetings at all ? are you trying to sell me that ? what exactly did they talk about mitz ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree, they did set the value which was agreed on in the CBA.....FOR THIS YEAR and this year ONLY.

I don't agree with anyone who states that a privately owned business who pays a one year $24M collectively bargained salary HAS to adhere to that as a floor in negotiations on a LTD. Isn't it obvious that Mutt and Jeff don't value him for that long term? Unless I totally missed it, the offers that he's gotten are well below that number and as such reveal to us what value they have ACTUALLY placed on him. Help out if I'm wrong about this!
Oh, I agree. Just because one sets a minimum floor doesn't mean the other has to accept it. What I dont get is if they were that far apart since the end of last season (which is when BA idiotically stated they would tag him again, thus arming KCs agent), then why didn't they consider trading him before the draft when his value was the highest?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna re-hash the SM drunk thing. There are conflicting reports and opinions on that, fact is, no one really knows.

As far as the contract negotiations go, sure, Im sure some things were discussed in the last couple months. KCs camp probably waited at least until late June (after Carr) before getting serious about any of it.

Any change in offers and counter offers? No, Cuz Kirk said so, need me to pull the quote??
again there had to be at the very least off the cuff . sorry it has to be because no one is not talking about offers and counter offers in any meeting while discussing contracts . and if the offer was below the starting point , the tag rate then that in of in itself is a counter offer and to sell me that allen were poor guys left in the dark because they had no idea what KC wanted is just plain foolishness

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So his price is dictated by the market. Thank you.

1- when discussing average yearly salary, the signing bonus is included in the numbers.

2- who cares? He is dead.

5- oh so true.

OK, let's clear this up.......Who sets the market? ......and does DC have a franchise that is part of that?

1. I'm not a capologist, but I believe that we are now talking about semantics, you're talking about average yearly salary, I'm talking base.

2. Croaked like a MF'er

5. DOH!! we are doing that agreeing thing again