• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riddick Video is the best

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is on the 106.7 the Fan site. He doesn't talk about it a lot because the interview wasn't about that but in the last 10 minutes he talked about winning several times, one time Grant and Danny tried to steer him away from it. I get your point but the context of the interview had little to do with that and more about how things played out.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK from this moment, I think we should just refer to the QB as Frog...

Because his every word, action or Play is going to be dissected to living fuck.

And no @Mitziman this wasnt just directed at you. :D

But Im going to say it now...

I expect Kirk to improve this year. I expect the team as a whole to improve. And I expect there will still be a portion of people calling for his head on a platter because he will either cost too much, still not be good enough or was propped up by the rest of the team.

So hence forth, I nominate we refer to him as

Da frog.

"Da frog", that's funny shark. I'm not going to cut up everything KC says. But I'm not sure I've ever not herd a top QB in this league stray from using words like "winning", "championship" or something along those lines in a similar situation.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again he did mention it. You just admitted you didn't listen the entire 45 minute interview of da frog.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Da frog", that's funny shark. I'm not going to cut up everything KC says. But I'm not sure I've ever not herd a top QB in this league stray from using words like "winning", "championship" or something along those lines in a similar situation.

Mitzi... thus my disclaimer.. this was not directed at you alone. But I know there will be a few fans watching the games, fingers poised over keyboard.. waiting.. just waiting for Kirk to fart on the sidelines so they can proclaim..

SEE, I told you we were right not to sign that nasty fuck to a long term deal. How dare he fart on national TV. (Rookie QB or McCarron) would never fart in public. :D

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ki
You realize that would be like your boss saying... well we over paid you last year. So we want you to take a pay cut this year to balance things out. And if you wont take a pay cut, we will pay you more and force you to stay here until you realize that you are worth less than what we have been paying you.
kirk will milk one year deals intell he can not no more ... kirk in 2 years has made more money then tom brady look it up he is not being disrespected

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ki

kirk will milk one year deals intell he can not no more ... kirk in 2 years has made more money then tom brady look it up he is not being disrespected

Brady has made $191M over his career.... Kirk would have to play another 8 years to come CLOSE to what Brady has made.

And actually you are dead wrong.

Brady over the last two years has made $27M and some change. But once again lets not let reality get in the way of a good rant.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you speak of extensions, there are two areas that need to be looked at.

Annual Salary- Luck 24.5 mil...Carr 25 mil...Cousins 22 million (first bit of low balling)

Fully guaranteed- Carr got 40 million guaranteed at signing. I know it doesn't sound like much; however, he was slated to make under a million dollars in 2017. So that is 39 million dollars on top of what he was already going to make.

Luck got 44 million guaranteed at signing; however, realistically, he couldn't be cut until the 2019 season. His real full guarantee is 75 million. He would have made 16 million in 2016 so he got 59 million extra in guarantees.

KC was already making 24 million this season. So Bruce thought adding another 28 million was fair? That is 11 million less than Carr got boosted and 35 million less than Luck.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed from your perspective, mine and others.

Disagree from the perspective of the organization. In fact their newly minted hire Doug Williams said so. Give me a second and I'll give you the quote.
the organization POV doesnt mean a thing to me thats just spin KC used to keep the peace

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the organization POV doesnt mean a thing to me thats just spin KC used to keep the peace

Can someone explain to me why we haven't traded Kirk yet? Its obvious this is not going to work out so why not get something now instead of losing him completely for a hopeful 3rd rounder in the future.

I am not understanding this logic. If he isn't the guy then trade him. What good is going to be accomplished by keeping him on the roster. I understand its a win now league but this situation is get worse each week. I like Kirk but even I can see that he doesn't want to be here.

I am also getting sick of the media beat us up and down. I love how San Fransico is being potrayed as an amazing franchise when they are nothing but a dumpster fire and I am going to enjoy watching them be the laughing stock of the league.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why we haven't traded Kirk yet? Its obvious this is not going to work out so why not get something now instead of losing him completely for a hopeful 3rd rounder in the future.

I am not understanding this logic. If he isn't the guy then trade him. What good is going to be accomplished by keeping him on the roster. I understand its a win now league but this situation is get worse each week. I like Kirk but even I can see that he doesn't want to be here.

I am also getting sick of the media beat us up and down. I love how San Fransico is being potrayed as an amazing franchise when they are nothing but a dumpster fire and I am going to enjoy watching them be the laughing stock of the league.

Just a guess, but I think Bruce would rather keep him here and tank his career, than trade him to some place where he might thrive and make Bruce look more stupid than he did when he said we were winning off the field.

I seriously think we are screwed unless Kirk comes out on fire. Because if the team struggles early, Bruce will make Gruden bench Kirk no matter why we are struggling.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess, but I think Bruce would rather keep him here and tank his career, than trade him to some place where he might thrive and make Bruce look more stupid than he did when he said we were winning off the field.

I seriously think we are screwed unless Kirk comes out on fire. Because if the team struggles early, Bruce will make Gruden bench Kirk no matter why we are struggling.

Its almost like the FO needs to go to the drawing board or back to square one. The 1st mistake was not signing him last offseason. The 2nd mistake was not signing him this offseason. I blame the FO for not getting a deal done...BUT, it certainly doesn't seem like he wants to be here. I have no evidence but its my opinion. To be honest, to a certain extent, I can't blame him. That being said, we need to start looking forward and not backward. If I am the FO and I truly believe no deal will get done, I would trade him and move on and get SOMETHING while you still can. The worst scenario would be if and when he goes and we have nothing to show for it.

What I don't understand is why Kirk would want to play for San Fran or the Rams. It would clearly not be about winning as both organizations are a disaster. Kronkie is the worst owner in the NFL by far. The man literally lied to us multiple times here in STL. As such it must be:

1. Getting paid
2. Playing for a former OC (Shanny and McVeay)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the situation right now Duke is this , we would be stupid to trade him for anything less then the 3rd round comp we get if we let him walk whenever that happens . who offers that on a one year rental ? because see the team getting him cant even talk about extension to after the season

2nd why would any team offer us anything of value if all they have to do is wait and keep their draft capitol ?

as far as him not wanting to be here , before yesterday i would call BS . he wasnt offered a fair deal so why sign it ? now that BS video release throwing him under the bus is enough reason to say "he doesnt want to be here "

in essence they gave him a one year extension at 29 mil after which he could be cut by the team with no penalty . why in hell would he sign that POS contract ? he can get 70 mil on the open market

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its almost like the FO needs to go to the drawing board or back to square one. The 1st mistake was not signing him last offseason. The 2nd mistake was not signing him this offseason. I blame the FO for not getting a deal done...BUT, it certainly doesn't seem like he wants to be here. I have no evidence but its my opinion. To be honest, to a certain extent, I can't blame him. That being said, we need to start looking forward and not backward. If I am the FO and I truly believe no deal will get done, I would trade him and move on and get SOMETHING while you still can. The worst scenario would be if and when he goes and we have nothing to show for it.

What I don't understand is why Kirk would want to play for San Fran or the Rams. It would clearly not be about winning as both organizations are a disaster. Kronkie is the worst owner in the NFL by far. The man literally lied to us multiple times here in STL. As such it must be:

1. Getting paid
2. Playing for a former OC (Shanny and McVeay)

I disagree. I think Kirk see's himself as a top tier QB being held back by a dysfunctional Front office, and a defense that couldnt stop a Pop Warner team of special Ed kids.

I think you put Kirk some place where he doesnt need to live up to the ghost of the guy drafted to be the savior, he settles down and we see the real QB that Kirk can become. I honestly dont think he is a finished product. And Im looking forward to this season, because if Dumb and Dumber can manage to keep their egos in check for the first four games, I think this team has a shot at winning the Division. Of course i think that would quietly piss Bruce off to no end.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord knows, there is no reason for Kirk to give the team a break, but after reading the ESPN article on what Kirk said, I'm not sure that as of right now he's definitely gone after the year.

Granted, it makes sense business wise to take the high road / play nice with an asshole like BA, but I also think that they're something to be said about wanting to stay here in DC, with Gruden who gave him his first break, with a new baby on the way, etc.

Though it most certainly COULD be just blowing smoke up our collective asses, take a look at these quotes again, and see if you can't find SOME reason:

Cousins 'needed more time,' laughs off 'Kurt'

"I believe wisdom is never impatient, and so I think it's smart to slow the process down, and to be patient and to allow things to play themselves out, to gather more information. I want to make the best decision I can. Being that in most NFL situations, this is the only year that's promised to us anyways, I don't feel a whole lot of extra security by having a long-term deal. So the one-year deal didn't really scare me."

Cousins said a long-term deal was closer than people realized. He declined to say if there was a number Washington could have offered to complete a deal.

"There probably wasn't a number, because it's not about money," he said. "It's about being in the right place and situation that's best for us long-term. Money is not what runs my life."

Regarding BA throwing him under the bus at approx 4:01:

"I understand where he and the organization are coming from," Cousins said. "In his position, you have to do that. You have to be clear with where the offer was and the fact that they did their part.

"It was a great starting point. ... I think it was a fair offer. I respect and appreciate Bruce's approach. He communicated with me that they were going to need to let the story be known, as to where they were coming from, and I said I totally understand that.

"I knew something like that was going to be coming out. ... It doesn't offend me. It doesn't bother me."

About getting the franchise tag:

"The franchise tag rule has made this negotiation challenging from the jump," Cousins said. "It defined the entire negotiation going back to even 2015, and that's not the Redskins' fault. It's just the rules of the league, rules that were set up before I even came into the league. My agent and I, we did not ask to be tagged, but we were tagged. And once we were tagged, it framed our entire process and how we went about this."

About KC moving on to SF or LA next year:

"One narrative has been that if I don't sign a deal this July, that I'm not gonna be with the Redskins beyond this season," Cousins said. "I just don't believe that to be true."

He said he owes his career to Gruden because he gave him the full-time job at the start of 2015. Cousins also said owner Dan Snyder has been positive with him throughout the offseason.

Cousins said he knows he now must play well to justify a large salary from any team. But, he said, if the Redskins put together a successful season, "Why would I want to look elsewhere?"

"I would love to be with the Redskins long term," he said. "That's why I think that there's still a lot of hope that next offseason, when the season ends, the Redskins are going to have I think about two months to be the exclusive team that I can talk with."

"Everything's trending in the right direction. Everything's moving in a positive way," Cousins said. "If they're going to impose some deadline on me on July 17, I just don't feel peace about making that decision. If the deadline had been October or November, maybe we get a deal done. But I didn't choose when the deadline is.

"I have to operate within other rules that have been placed on me, and with that being the case, I'm going to choose to have six more months of time to decide things."

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw Kirk (or Kurt as BA calls him) under the bus by announcing the numbers in the contract offer. What they were hoping to do was make themselves look good. They failed. Everyone with half a brain knows this was a low ball offer and that Bruce was trying to make Cousin's look like the bad guy. Simple addition told you all he offered was the tag he is already signed for this year and the transition tag next year. After that he could be cut at little to no cost to the Redskins.

We will never know but he the FO offered $25 million a year for three years guaranteed Cousin's and his agent might have accepted. Since they only offered the tag for this year and next year why would Cousin's want to sign on for something he already has.

Had Bruce been smart he would have said something like "we tried to reach a long term deal and will continue to do after the season is over." Instead he said "we offered a shit ton of money and Cousin's didn't want it. Same old dumb shit by the Redskins front office.

If I was Cousins. I'd be getting really pissed off with that kind of nonsense. Wouldn't have blamed the guy, if he called Bruce out. Taking the high road today had to be tough.

Calling the guy by the wrong name, as you throw him under the bus in front of the entire world. What a freaking jerk off.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because kirk wants to be a redskins.. skins want kirk sports SportsHoopla CSI they hate each other allen and fo are bad blah blah blah no proof of hate

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Cousins. I'd be getting really pissed off with that kind of nonsense. Wouldn't have blamed the guy, if he called Bruce out. Taking the high road today had to be tough.

Calling the guy by the wrong name, as you throw him under the bus in front of the entire world. What a freaking jerk off.

I am sure it bothered KC a little, but not too much. He knows the kind of asshole Bruce Allen is and this was probably not surprising. He also may have appreciated it because it was Allen who released the offer and everybody knows this is on the FO because of the bullshit offer.

Taking the high road is not too hard because of the business aspect. If he goes back at Allen, he will lose a suitor in next year's bidding war. Now teams that are interested next season still have to worry about Washington matching an offer.

Besides, the only one who looked bad because of this is Bruce Allen.