• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he an asshat? What has he done that is so bad to get labeled as a trouble maker,bad guy etc...I see way some of these guys say it is a double standard the way they are viewed. While Groonk is viewed as a fun loving guy and Brady passionate.
I don't understand why you would mention Brady and Gronk in your response unless you are angling at a racial issue. Sherman is one of the biggest dicks in the NFL by far and he wasn't as good last year as in the past which could have been a blip or a sign of things to come. It is actually confusing why you would compare him with Brady. Sherman has had numerous on and off field issues. Fighting with teammates, coaches, reporters, opposing players, all the drama he brings like with Crabtree, dirty hits trying to hurt kickers, etc. Garrett has take the long painful process to make this a team first, group of players. Sherman is the exact opposite of that. :2cents:

Richard Sherman threatens to 'ruin' reporter's career

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it depends on how many years you'll have Sherman. Two year rental id keep my picks, four years plus I'd make the trade.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you would mention Brady and Gronk in your response unless you are angling at a racial issue. Sherman is one of the biggest dicks in the NFL by far and he wasn't as good last year as in the past which could have been a blip or a sign of things to come. It is actually confusing why you would compare him with Brady. Sherman has had numerous on and off field issues. Fighting with teammates, coaches, reporters, opposing players, all the drama he brings like with Crabtree, dirty hits trying to hurt kickers, etc. Garrett has take the long painful process to make this a team first, group of players. Sherman is the exact opposite of that. :2cents:

Sherman would be a great asset to this team IMO. And sometimes it is racial for those who can't see it. You are reaching if you say Sherman had off the field issues when you consider fight with reporters as that. That is freaking weak!!! Show me real off the field issues??? I get it you hate the guy, but don't paint fighting with reporters etc.. as so called numerous off the field issues. That's a weak argumentment. You are redefining "Off the field issues".

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt brings up race. SMH. How the mighty (so he thinks) have fallen

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of ways this draft can go depending on who is taken and where.
I like Jackson but am concerned about his size 5-10 186 that's thin guys
Jones and the Achilles injury is scary that's a gamble for sure if he recovers you could have a steal if not......
I take him if I get a trade back and extra picks other than that damn I gotta pass and take player with out major injury at least
Might regret it but I'm tired of the blue star special injury/ character pick other than Lee none have worked out

JMHO can't wait till draft next Thursday :suds:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hijack the thread, just want to inject a different name into the discussion, but same principles. Malcolm Butler looks to be available and at the moment is a younger+cheaper option to trade away one or two draft picks. Now, I don't envision Jerrah fleecing BB and NE in any trade, so it bears stating that they will likely get the better of the trade regardless of what we give up. But what compensation do you feel comfortable giving up for Butler? It would pain me to give up #28. But I sure don't want to get into the lower picks and be dealing out multiple picks in a loaded draft.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hijack the thread, just want to inject a different name into the discussion, but same principles. Malcolm Butler looks to be available and at the moment is a younger+cheaper option to trade away one or two draft picks. Now, I don't envision Jerrah fleecing BB and NE in any trade, so it bears stating that they will likely get the better of the trade regardless of what we give up. But what compensation do you feel comfortable giving up for Butler? It would pain me to give up #28. But I sure don't want to get into the lower picks and be dealing out multiple picks in a loaded draft.

Nada none the draft is 2 loaded with players to give up anything for anybody this year

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing Sherman linked to Dallas through a trade. I read yesterday for #28 this year and a 4th or 5th rounder next year. The article said Sherman's salary could fit with the Witten extension and possible converting Dez's contract this season to cash. I don't question Sherman being an upgrade to a position in dire need of upgrade, but I do question the chemistry issue with Sherman in the locker room.

What do you guys think? Should Dallas explore this if it's costs us our top pick this season and a mid round choice next year?

I'd hate it if the Seahawks let Sherman go.

Sherman is a great player and competitor and works hard and wants to win.
He plays even when he's hurt.
A proven winner in the playoffs.

All he did was have an outburst to a reporter, and call out the coaching staff for stupid play calling that cost them the super bowl.
You should have heard what I said to the TV at that time.

No assaults, anthem sitting, rapes, arrests, drugs or domestic violence incidents.
This will be a good example for your young people.
He'll be OK for the locker room.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give up a 1st for Sherman?
Absolutely not!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman would be a great asset to this team IMO. And sometimes it is racial for those who can't see it. You are reaching if you say Sherman had off the field issues when you consider fight with reporters as that. That is freaking weak!!! Show me real off the field issues??? I get it you hate the guy, but don't paint fighting with reporters etc.. as so called numerous off the field issues. That's a weak argumentment. You are redefining "Off the field issues".
Last I checked that didn't happen on the field...but OK. Regardless he is one of the biggest dicks in the NFL. Only guy that may be worse is Marty B's brother and I'm not talking about criminal history and the such. Just the ability to say stupid shit and be annoying every time he opens his mouth. And sorry, but you were the only one here making it racial from what I could see:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough call. Personally I'd rather have Butler for the reasons you outlined. But, from what you read (could be BS) a trade for him probably comes with a new contract. But, younger, higher character guy. I wouldn't kick and scream if the Cowboys gave up a #1 for him, but I don't think I would do it myself. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th? Tough call and good topic. I'll throw another troubled guy out there that I think could be had for a lot less. I think you can get Sheldon Richardson for a 3rd or maybe even a 4th. Kind of a Big contract, but not a big price tag with regards to picks. I think him and Collins next to each other would be great for this team and allow us to keep Crawford at LDE and maybe only use one high pick on DL and the rest on DBs. But he has his issues too. Missed or was late for a lot of practices. Not sure he is a Garrett type of guy but his first two years he was dominant

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The core of this team is too young, the team is drafting too well to give up a first rounder. Stick to the plan. Roll over the cap money this year to 2018 and front load the hell out of new contracts for Zack Martin and Lael Collins.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh.

Nope. He went off the rails this last year with coaches and teammates (and teammates is a stretch), but he's been a TOTAL team guy before this.

LOUD? yep, OBNOXIOUS at times? Yep. Self promoting? Absofuckinglutely.

Worst guys in the NFL?

Get the fuck outta' here.

C'mon now.

For the record, I hope he stays in Seattle, settles whatever the issue is with him ( I suspect some kind of personal shit), but if he does go, obviously I hope the Hawks can maximize a return.

But I couldn't pass this gild the lily nonsense post from a poster who is normally pretty solid.

WTF?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be annoying every time he opens his mouth.

Now that's the truth. And when he's being annoying to the competition, his teammates (and fans) love him for it.

But that's a far cry from one of the worst guys in the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's the truth. And when he's being annoying to the competition, his teammates (and fans) love him for it.

But that's a far cry from one of the worst guys in the NFL.
That's what I am talking about. I'm not saying he is a criminal, a child or wife beater, a drunk, a druggie, a PED guy (well, let's get back to that one) or someone that will ever see the wrong side of a courtroom for any reason. But he is a total asshole. He can play for sure, he's probably one of the smarter guys in the league and he backs up his talk, but he's a dick. He proves it time and time again. Sorry, but no chance I'm backing off this one.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I am talking about. I'm not saying he is a criminal, a child or wife beater, a drunk, a druggie, a PED guy (well, let's get back to that one) or someone that will ever see the wrong side of a courtroom for any reason. But he is a total asshole. He can play for sure, he's probably one of the smarter guys in the league and he backs up his talk, but he's a dick. He proves it time and time again. Sorry, but no chance I'm backing off this one.

So call him a dick. NOT one of the worst guys in the NFL.

He ALSO does all kinds of all that good charity stuff too, but I won't bore anyone with those details.

Maybe I grok this stuff because in Canada I can't help but have hockey culture filter through me via osmosis, but in hockey they refer to guys like Sherman as 'sandpaper,' guys. Who aren't fun to play against. Mouthy, loud AND they back it up with their play.

They tend to be HATED by other fans, loved by their team's own.

So I get why people don't like Sherman.

But him not being a good teammate, or a 'worst in NFL' guy is simply false.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So call him a dick. NOT one of the worst guys in the NFL.

He ALSO does all kinds of all that good charity stuff too, but I won't bore anyone with those details.

Maybe I grok this stuff because in Canada I can't help but have hockey culture filter through me via osmosis, but in hockey they refer to guys like Sherman as 'sandpaper,' guys. Who aren't fun to play against. Mouthy, loud AND they back it up with their play.

They tend to be HATED by other fans, loved by their team's own.

So I get why people don't like Sherman.

But him not being a good teammate, or a 'worst in NFL' guy is simply false.
It's semantics. It's like you can't use the term "bad guy" on these boards unless he's been convicted of a violent crime. OK, he's a dick, he's an asshole, but he's a good guy??? WTF is the difference and who gets to pick what words we can use and how we apply them? I never said the guy did anything illegal. I've given him credit over and over for things he deserves to get credit for. I also call him out on the shit he deserves to be called out on and unfortunately for me that is how I define him because It's just too much, too often. I'm glad Seattle fans want him and like him because he isn't going anywhere. Heck, ideally I wish he'd go to a shitty AFC team because he is a very good player and I would rather not face him or fight for a playoff spot with a team he is on.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's semantics. It's like you can't use the term "bad guy" on these boards unless he's been convicted of a violent crime. OK, he's a dick, he's an asshole, but he's a good guy??? WTF is the difference and who gets to pick what words we can use and how we apply them? I never said the guy did anything illegal. I've given him credit over and over for things he deserves to get credit for. I also call him out on the shit he deserves to be called out on and unfortunately for me that is how I define him because It's just too much, too often. I'm glad Seattle fans want him and like him because he isn't going anywhere. Heck, ideally I wish he'd go to a shitty AFC team because he is a very good player and I would rather not face him or fight for a playoff spot with a team he is on.

Well given our method of communicating, semantics are kinda'... what we have.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb to suggest that being a 'worst' guy in the NFL should probably involve more than being mouthy arrogant, and loud.

And I don't have a CLUE what it could be that made Sherman go off the rails this last year. Because (NFCCG rant in live interview) I was VERY critical of that, but he admitted he fucked up, and moved on. Last year, he didn't do much admitting that he was wrong.

So I dunno WHAT the deal is, but something is wrong, either in his personal life, or with someone on the team, or its staff.

If that issue (whatever it is), doesn't get resolved, then Schneider won't hesitate to move him. (good-bye Percy Harvin)

And again, I hope he stays, but if he's gotta' go, I'd prefer that we get a decent pick(s) out of it. My theory a while back was Dallas, because I thought you guys still had more O-line assets than apparently you do. So I've changed my mind a bit on that deal happening.

In an ideal world, it would be cool to see him go to a team where he could compete for another ring, and Dallas would fit that bill.

I have no hard feelings towards him BECAUSE for all those years, he was the ultimate competitor, and left it ALL on the field, playing hurt, not complaining when he didn't get to move with the #1 WR, and not complaining either when they asked him to start doing it.

Richard_Sherman_Michael_Crabtree_The_Tip_Seahawks_49ers.jpg

Without that play, Seattle has zero Lombardis.