• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing Sherman linked to Dallas through a trade. I read yesterday for #28 this year and a 4th or 5th rounder next year. The article said Sherman's salary could fit with the Witten extension and possible converting Dez's contract this season to cash. I don't question Sherman being an upgrade to a position in dire need of upgrade, but I do question the chemistry issue with Sherman in the locker room.

What do you guys think? Should Dallas explore this if it's costs us our top pick this season and a mid round choice next year?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out why a Super Bowl caliber team would want to trade a player that plays such a highly coveted position, unless they thought he was on the decline. I couldn't believe the Panthers let Norman get out of town. They obviously knew something most didn't. As far as Sherman though, even if he is diminishing some, he is still better than most and will be for the next 2-3 yrs- I would think. With that said. We don't usually do this and he will probably play the next 3 yrs in NE

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hed be a good fit scheme wise, and his and dez have a respectfor eachother. With that said id do our late 2nd for him.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out why a Super Bowl caliber team would want to trade a player that plays such a highly coveted position, unless they thought he was on the decline. I couldn't believe the Panthers let Norman get out of town. They obviously knew something most didn't. As far as Sherman though, even if he is diminishing some, he is still better than most and will be for the next 2-3 yrs- I would think. With that said. We don't usually do this and he will probably play the next 3 yrs in NE
I keep seeing Sherman linked to Dallas through a trade. I read yesterday for #28 this year and a 4th or 5th rounder next year. The article said Sherman's salary could fit with the Witten extension and possible converting Dez's contract this season to cash. I don't question Sherman being an upgrade to a position in dire need of upgrade, but I do question the chemistry issue with Sherman in the locker room.

What do you guys think? Should Dallas explore this if it's costs us our top pick this season and a mid round choice next year?

Oh I would do that for 28 and a 4th or 5th next year any day!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man that would make zero sense IMO. We've needed a pass rusher for as long as we've needed a shut down corner, and we still let Ware walk to help with the cap. Since 2010, Dallas has drafted the following players...Dez, Lee, TSmith, Murray, Fredrick, Martin, BJones, Zeke, Dak...and we're gonna give up a 1st rounder plus for a 29 year old corner who has lost a step and add to the cap? Put me down for a big Hell No

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that would make zero sense IMO. We've needed a pass rusher for as long as we've needed a shut down corner, and we still let Ware walk to help with the cap. Since 2010, Dallas has drafted the following players...Dez, Lee, TSmith, Murray, Fredrick, Martin, BJones, Zeke, Dak...and we're gonna give up a 1st rounder plus for a 29 year old corner who has lost a step and add to the cap? Put me down for a big Hell No
Lost a step?? He has 3-4 years in him. He is a stud. It is damn hard to find a shut down corner in the draft. We have been trying since Deon. With the recievers in this division, shut down corner would be great!!!

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL NO

I don't want that alligator mouth canary azz in Dallas PERIOD!
I am going to trust Will McClay and Stephen Jones to pick the right guys on a rookie contract and move forward without being hamstrung with Sherman's contact or attitude. Sherman might be a talent upgrade but his attitude is in the bottom of the outhouse. You build through the Draft and this years Draft is LOADED in the positions Dallas has needs for.

Its just Click **** with Dallas Cowboys name on it anyway never going to happen

JMHO others can and will vary

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL NO

I am going to trust Will McClay and Stephen Jones to pick the right guys on a rookie contract and move forward without being hamstrung with Sherman's contact or attitude. Sherman might be a talent upgrade but his attitude is in the bottom of the outhouse. You build through the Draft and this years Draft is LOADED in the positions Dallas has needs for.

We won Superbowls with so called attitude problems. Your not going to win superbowl with a team of all chiorbboys. Sherman has no off the field issues and plays with fire that a defense needs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL NO

100%:agree:
With the players that will be there at 28? The draft is loaded with DE's, CB's and safeties. I'd like to see if McClay can pick as well on the defensive side as he can the offensive side. If he can, damn Sherman...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't imagine we would even consider this. First round daft picks are like gold (even late ones). If Sherman were a FA and only cost us the salary or was very cheap and only cost us the draft pick OK, but to give up a first and then also have to pay him what he is due is not even a discussion. And that is not even taking into account how big an asshat he is...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't imagine we would even consider this. First round daft picks are like gold (even late ones). If Sherman were a FA and only cost us the salary or was very cheap and only cost us the draft pick OK, but to give up a first and then also have to pay him what he is due is not even a discussion. And that is not even taking into account how big an asshat he is...
How is he an asshat? What has he done that is so bad to get labeled as a trouble maker,bad guy etc...I see way some of these guys say it is a double standard the way they are viewed. While Groonk is viewed as a fun loving guy and Brady passionate.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won Superbowls with so called attitude problems. Your not going to win superbowl with a team of all chiorbboys. Sherman has no off the field issues and plays with fire that a defense needs.

your right you don't win with a team of choirboys. You also don't win with a effed up locker room and Sherman does not fit in the locker room Jason has built.

Sherman is a good player but he is not worth the 28th pick and a 3 or 4 or 5, or whatever the other pick is
plus he costs 2 much against the cap. He is not the final piece to get over the hump so I pass .

Keep the picks and move along and just let the rumors swirl Stephen would never let that trade happen.
Jerry is the face and the owner of the Cowboys but I honestly think the running of the team has been moved to Stephens office not 100% but enough that Jerry cant pull a Joey Galloway or Roy Williams trade again without a mutiny on his hands.

Now with that said I can still fully see Jerry getting his way on something but not without a knockdown dragout Texas Cage Match :D or at least I hope it is that hard for Jerry to pull a bonehead move now
JMHO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would be happy with Adoree Jackson at 28 and then sidney Jones at 60. It's been over 20 years since the Cowboys had decent corners. Jackson and Jones would be major upgrades

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main weakNess of the Cowboys is the secondary. This is the draft to fix it. We have 2 young pieces and we add Jackson and Jones this team will make a deep playoff run. Jackson would fix our return game and fits the scheme and makes plays. In coverage. Jones will recover fully and is a lockdown corner. If we have the chance to draft these two and don't I am going to be pissed

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call. I think the right player would be worth the picks but I'm not sure that player is Sherman. I agree not everyone on your team needs to be a choir boy, but is Sherman a true lock down who takes one side of the field away like Sanders did back in the day? I think for that reason I stay the course and try to add additional young talent at this time. BUT....I will add, I don't worry about the money involved, that's the least of my worries if the player is the difference maker. It remains all about winning a championship with nothing to do with financial responsibility because of past mistakes. I'd pull the plug in a heart beat for the right guy, just remain unsure if that guy is Richard Sherman

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main weakNess of the Cowboys is the secondary. This is the draft to fix it. We have 2 young pieces and we add Jackson and Jones this team will make a deep playoff run. Jackson would fix our return game and fits the scheme and makes plays. In coverage. Jones will recover fully and is a lockdown corner. If we have the chance to draft these two and don't I am going to be pissed
I agree....pass defenders are much more in need than pass rushers. You & I may be in the short line here but we need two contributors from this off season

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Sherman, forget Sidney Jones. Let's save our cap space for a DE next season, we can get adequate corners in the draft. If this draft was completely devoid of secondary then maybe you make that trade for Sherman but it doesn't make sense to add that cap and cough up an extra pick for a surplus position in this draft.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Sherman, forget Sidney Jones. Let's save our cap space for a DE next season, we can get adequate corners in the draft. If this draft was completely devoid of secondary then maybe you make that trade for Sherman but it doesn't make sense to add that cap and cough up an extra pick for a surplus position in this draft.
I'd rather have an adequate DE to add to the rotation and a play maker or two on the backend from this draft. Very few Dline guys make a first year impact while many DB's do in year one. Besides, I think we have some dline guys on this roster about to take that next step through development.