• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Texas Tech recruit punched female basketball player in face

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played twice a week in a basketball league for 2 seasons and the main reason I walked away was the female "ballers" who were always hanging around. I wouldn't be so quick to demonize this guy. While violence is never the answer on a basketball court, it's just possible that some of us might have reacted much the same.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have pulled her panties over her head, bent her over my knee and strummed the taut gstring like a sexy banjo.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played twice a week in a basketball league for 2 seasons and the main reason I walked away was the female "ballers" who were always hanging around. I wouldn't be so quick to demonize this guy. While violence is never the answer on a basketball court, it's just possible that some of us might have reacted much the same.

Was thinking the same thing.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he got taken to the hole by a girl and she rubbed it in his face so he knocked her out. He was probably talking shit too, and she threw some shit back.

Broken nose, lost scholarship, national media attention, all over a pick up game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he got taken to the hole by a girl and she rubbed it in his face so he knocked her out. He was probably talking shit too, and she threw some shit back.

Broken nose, lost scholarship, national media attention, all over a pick up game.

None of us really know what happened.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) Texas Tech has reinstated a highly regarded defensive back from Miami who last month broke the jaw of a Lady Raiders basketball player.

Tech athletics spokesman Blayne Beal said Wednesday that Nigel Bethel II will return to the team, but will sit out the first three games of his first season.

Berthel punched Amber Battle her during a June 28 pickup basketball game at the campus recreation center and was dismissed from the football program the next day. However, Lubbock County grand jurors declined to indict Bethel on an aggravated assault charge Tuesday.

Coach Kliff Kingsbury said as more information on the incident came to light, the decision to dismiss Bethel was revisited.

Battle, who has acknowledged shoving Bethel first, will sit out games in November.

http://t.sports.msn.com/college-football/texas-tech-reinstates-player-who-punched-woman

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he fouls her, she reacts, and he gives her a good shot in the face. He couldn't even drop her, and its on video. Yet Tech is bringing him back, stay classy red raiders.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are saying she punched him first. I can't stand playing pick-up games with girls. Most of them play dirty with shoving, elbowing in the ribs, and a bunch of other cheap shit like that. There was a girl who played college ball that would come by the park I played at and she was really good but she thought she could just rough the guys up because "she's a girl". I wouldn't have punched her in the face but I wouldn't have shed a tear if she caught an inadvertent elbow in the jaw.

in 9th grade playing JV, we used to scrimmage the girls varsity all the time. The chick i usually defended was super hot, so i always enjoyed it, esp when she would try to get position down low :D

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever happened to him using "hands, fists, and feet" to cause severe bodily injury? The media or TTU's PR totally bombed on this one.