• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Post Week-2 top 10 rankings....

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is me just taking a stab at what's going to show up on paper when this week's games are all said and done. This isn't necessarily what I personally believe the rankings should be, it's just how I think they'll come out.

1. Bama- Game still isn't over yet, but Bama is looking pretty good right now beating up on Penn State

2. Ohio State- Okay performance against Miami.... good enough to keep them at #2

3. TCU- As much as I hate TCU..... they won handedly against a team my grandma could beat. Just because today's ranking system is about as queer as a door-knob, I don't see them moving down. In fact, I have them passing up Boise State for the obvious reasons (VA Tech losing).

4. Boise State- Personally, I think they should move down even more if VA Tech's game is any indication of how over-ranked they could be. If in fact they are over-ranked, they'll drop sooner or later. I'm seriously itching to move Oklahoma at #4 and Boise State to #5, but I just don't think it will end up that way.

5. Oklahoma- Oklahoma performed somewhere within the top-3 as far as I'm concerned. I'd say they SHOULD be sitting at #2 unless they show anyone else otherwise, but I don't think they're going to move them up any more than 5 spots after one good game. A jump from #10 to #2 or #3 would be way too much. After seeing Oklahoma put the HURT on FSU and seeing the way Nebraska played today, frankly, I'm a bit scared to face off with Oklahoma in the Big XII championship game if we don't get our act together.

6. Nebraska- I know we're a better team than what we saw today. Bo mentioned that most of the bad stuff started happening when he was putting his 2's and 3's in, and he also said that Nebraska's problems will be fixed before next week... so hopefully he was right. Once we start playing in our conference, the 2's and 3's will be watching the game from the sidelines which should help our stats a bit. T-Magic looked a bit too over-confident. Just because he's the Dirk Diggler on campus now doesn't mean he doesn't have to protect the ball and not worry about making sound Quarterbacking decisions. I have faith we will roll next week against Washington.

7. Iowa- Iowa hasn't looked too shabby lately. Not too much more to say about them, but what everyone can agree on is the fact that so far they've looked MUCH better than Texas.

8. Texas- Texas is just TERRIBAD! They're definitely struggling on offense and find it really hard to get any groove early on. Both Rice and Wyoming have nearly out-performed them in the first 1 to 2 quarters, which is unacceptable for a top-10 team. I'm not too sure they'll even stay in the top-10, but I hope they keep it up.... because I hate Texas and can't wait to see them lose in Lincoln. Won't be long before they're out of the top-10

9. Oregon- If Oregon wins.... they might....MIGHT... stay in the top 10 after this. If they lose, I'd say they take Georgia Tech's place at #15 or worse. Tennessee is giving them a run for their money as I type this now. Tied 20-13 with 10:10 left in the 3rd. UPDATE: Oregon Pick-6 up 26-13 mid 3rd quarter.

10. Florida- I'm about 51% Florida 49% Wisconsin on this one. Florida did pretty terrible and Wisconsin did decent, but I don't think Florida will quite move out of the top 10 yet because of the lingering Tim Tebow lovers that can't brush with reality. Wisconsin deserves top-10 but Florida still reaks of Tim Tebow.

That said... Though I think this could be how it ends up, below is my personal opinion of what the rankings are:

1. NEBRASKA
2-10.... who cares.

GO BIG RED!

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything will stay the same except for at the bottom. Oklahoma may move from 10 to 8 but since everyone won pretty handily it will stay the same.

BTW, how queer is a door knob? What does that make me when I turn the door knob? Does my wife need to be informed of something?

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything will stay the same except for at the bottom. Oklahoma may move from 10 to 8 but since everyone won pretty handily it will stay the same.

BTW, how queer is a door knob? What does that make me when I turn the door knob? Does my wife need to be informed of something?

My grandpa says "queer as a door knob" and I think I inherited it unintentionally.... Don't really know why.... throws everyone for a loop.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. Some teams had a good helping of humble pie today, and that always makes for a happy Sat. for me. OU and Bama are playing some good ball right now, they are going to be tough to beat the way it looks