• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Texas Tech recruit punched female basketball player in face

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nigel Bethel is one of the highest-rated players in Texas Tech's incoming recruiting class, but if a report in the Lubbock Avalance Journal is accurate, there's a good chance the defensive back will never suit up for the Red Raiders. Nor should he be allowed to.

The paper is reporting that Bethel punched Amber Battle, a player on Texas Tech's women's basketball team, in the face on Saturday following an incident at the school's recreation center. Battle will need to have surgery to repair the broken bone in her face suffered from the punch.

Texas Tech spokesman Blayne Beal confirmed to the paper that there was an incident between two student athletes at the rec center on Saturday, but said that the school is still gathering information about the confrontation from both parties. Another Tech spokesman, Chris Cook, said that a police report was not complete as of Saturday night as the investigation is ongoing, and the report "likely won't be ready before Monday."

Battle was the leading scorer and rebounder on Texas Tech's women's team last season, averaging 16.4 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.

Bethel was a three-star recruit out of Miami. He had originally committed to Miami before switching to Texas Tech before signing day. Whats up TT!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure he's a TT recruit? Sounds just like someone from the LSU fambly.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TTech football you say? Sounds about right for that group of thugs.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure he's a TT recruit? Sounds just like someone from the LSU fambly.

He was originally committed to Miami if that tells you anything

If the reports are true, Kingsbury needs to step up and kick his ass off the team

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Coach can smooth this over with a little charm and a three way!

Go you dog go!

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other players are tweeting that it was "self defense"

apparently she hit him in the back of the head, and he just turned around and swung without knowing who it was

that being said, it still shows poor character... I played 100's of pickup basketball games at Tech and never got in a fight :noidea:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the kid will mumble his way through attempting to read an apology written by a member of the Tech football PR staff just like every other college athlete who has done something incredibly stupid.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He Broke a bone in her face he will never see the field at a D1 school no one can take on that type of liability. This isn't a stupid theft charge this is a violent assault.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other players are tweeting that it was "self defense"

apparently she hit him in the back of the head, and he just turned around and swung without knowing who it was

that being said, it still shows poor character... I played 100's of pickup basketball games at Tech and never got in a fight :noidea:

Are you trying to say the Women's Basketball team recruits thugs?

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already been dismissed from the team

can take the player out of the hood, but can't take the hood out of the player

case closed, nothing more to see here

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are saying she punched him first. I can't stand playing pick-up games with girls. Most of them play dirty with shoving, elbowing in the ribs, and a bunch of other cheap shit like that. There was a girl who played college ball that would come by the park I played at and she was really good but she thought she could just rough the guys up because "she's a girl". I wouldn't have punched her in the face but I wouldn't have shed a tear if she caught an inadvertent elbow in the jaw.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are saying she punched him first. I can't stand playing pick-up games with girls. Most of them play dirty with shoving, elbowing in the ribs, and a bunch of other cheap shit like that. There was a girl who played college ball that would come by the park I played at and she was really good but she thought she could just rough the guys up because "she's a girl". I wouldn't have punched her in the face but I wouldn't have shed a tear if she caught an inadvertent elbow in the jaw.

One should always warn beforehand, especially in a "non-contact" sport.

I used to play indoor soccer. It was on a friend's team. I did it for the exercise, as I wasn't very good. I remember one time when this jerk on the other team kept hitting me in the kidneys with his forearms when I had the ball. Finally, after passing the ball, I caught his attention and told him "You hit me one more time in the back and I will punch you." His response was to call me a "pussy". I stared him down. He didn't hit me, again.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Links?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a girl roughed me up in a basketball game I would be turned on as hell.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bunch of 2nd hand crap on the internet. Read one place that she punched him from behind first and he turned and swung. If that's the case then she was kind of asking for it.