• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Tech suspends Amber Battle

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech suspends Amber Battle after altercation with football player

Texas Tech suspended women's basketball player Amber Battle for the month of November for her involvement in an altercation with former football player Nigel Bethel, the school announced Friday.

Battle and Bethel reportedly got in a fight during a pickup basketball game on Tech's campus. Bethel was dismissed from the football program last week, with the school saying "Texas Tech Athletics does not tolerate violence against women." Bethel also faces felony assault charges because of the incident.

According to a report in the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Battle is expected to have surgery after being hit in the face by Bethel.

Battle apologized for her role in the incident:

"During a pickup basketball game on June 28, I was involved in an incident with Texas Tech football player Nigel Bethel," Battle said in a statement. "I initiated the first contact and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want to take this time to apologize to Nigel, the Texas Tech community, my teammates, coaches and fans. Nothing I can say can truly repair the harm I have already caused. I did not represent the Double T like I am supposed to and I promise to hold myself to a higher standard from here on."

Yep, no double standard here. She admitted she initiated the physical altercation & gets a slap on the wrist. A college senor throws the first punch at an incoming 18 year old freshman & gets to keep her scholarship. While a kid that reacted to being assaulted loses his scholarship?

Makes sense....:noidea:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what I figured happened. I don't care what kind of genitals you have. You throw a punch at me, and it's on. Fuckin' female athletes trying to prove they got balls as big as a man.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless she was coming at him with some kind of weapon, there's no reason for a man to hit a woman.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless she was coming at him with some kind of weapon, there's no reason for a man to hit a woman.

Complete BS. If a woman punches you closed fist in the back of the skull you have the right to defend yourself or react to the situation in similar fashion. She was the older, "wiser", & physically bigger person. Her punishment should be as harsh or harsher than the male student.

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gets me is he is being charged with just a little less than that lady who attacked that mother in New Jersey.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She could have potentially rendered her sandwich-makers useless with such an act!

Banishment. Any woman willing to risk the loss of her sandwich makers isn't worth the mustard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete BS. If a woman punches you closed fist in the back of the skull you have the right to defend yourself or react to the situation in similar fashion. She was the older, "wiser", & physically bigger person. Her punishment should be as harsh or harsher than the male student.

I disagree. I've never hit a woman and unless she's coming at me with a weapon, I never will. And yes, I've had one hit me with a closed fist.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I've never hit a woman and unless she's coming at me with a weapon, I never will. And yes, I've had one hit me with a closed fist.

Then you're a chump that propagates the problem of these women who think they can hit a guy and hide under the protection of being a woman. As far as I'm concerned, when you cross that threshold you give that up. I've only ever put my hands on one girl in junior high who thought it was a good idea to jump on my back and try to choke me out when my back was turned. I dropped straight in my back and cracked two of her ribs. Bet she never did that again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull shit.

Men are generally bigger and stronger. Even if the woman is bigger, men are still generally stronger. It's not necessary. Walk away or wrap her up in a bear hug until she calms the hell down.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Men are generally bigger and stronger. Even if the woman is bigger, men are still generally stronger. It's not necessary. Walk away or wrap her up in a bear hug until she calms the hell down.

Who cares? That doesn't give them the right to do whatever the fuck they want without consequence. I'll walk away from a mouthy bitch all day, but once you take a swing at me you've stepped outside of that realm of protection.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never hit a woman either. But I leave open the possibility that I would if I was defending myself or someone else. This outdated quaint notion that you never hit a woman needs to stop. This kid was assaulted & defended himself. The gender of the assailant should never come into factor.

In this world where women train just as hard & are as physically fit as men, there is no justification for the notion that if a woman assaults you, you can't defend yourself.

The silliness needs to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never head a woman either. But I leave open the possibility that I would if I was defending myself or someone else. This outdated quaint notion that you never hit a woman needs to stop. This kid was assaulted & defended himself. The gender of the assailant should never come into factor.

:10:

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She physically assaults him, keeps her scholarship and faces no criminal charges

He defends himself, loses his scholarship and could end up in jail

How is she the victim again?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see we have so many "real men" here. Never hit a woman in my life, but I've kicked the ass of a couple of men who did.

You studs would probably beat up a little kid who hit you too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She physically assaults him, keeps her scholarship and faces no criminal charges

He defends himself, loses his scholarship and could end up in jail

How is she the victim again?

Fuckin' bull shit

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never struck a woman with my fists...that wouldn't be fair at all even if she had a weapon...but I have pinned one to to wall by her throat for trying to kick me in the pills.

Slapped my first wife on the back of her head for trying to punch me.

Womens is delicate flowers...only spanking is necessary.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this, I have had to choke out a woman with an RNC to break up a beating the fat piece of shit ogre was putting on a basically unconscious small young girl.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Trojan. Defending yourself doesn't necessarily mean fighting back. Just because he is smaller doesn't mean he is weaker. There is nowhere in the article that says he got hit from behind. It just said she started the altercation. She said she made the first contact of the altercation.

If the female is clearly far more dangerous and looking for serious harm, I say fight back. If female is using a weapon, fight back is fair. Any way that seriously makes it unfair, fighting back is fair.

This does not seem like that. She isn't all that bigger. She is 5'9, he is 5'8. He was obviously in good enough condition to give out harm, so the blow couldn't be too bad.

Now, I think the penalty against him is harsh. I think felony is a bit extreme for this crime. She threw the first punch and it connected. Felony is a very serious charge that could have major affect on his life.