• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Tech suspends Amber Battle

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Bethel went way too far. Since she started the conflict, I don't think there should be a felony. I don't have a problem with him being removed from the team. He did go way to far on his response.

Unless you find somewhere that he was attacked, I am not going to change. I didn't even see that she threw a punch. It said she made first contact. I found sources saying he used hands, feet, fist, etc to cause SERIOUS bodily harm. She needs surgery for it.

That means, at one point, she became submissive, and he kept going.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know enough of the specifics here to judge his response, honestly. If he was beating on her while she was down like some have said he went too far.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Bethel went way too far. Since she started the conflict, I don't think there should be a felony. I don't have a problem with him being removed from the team. He did go way to far on his response.

Unless you find somewhere that he was attacked, I am not going to change. I didn't even see that she threw a punch. It said she made first contact. I found sources saying he used hands, feet, fist, etc to cause SERIOUS bodily harm. She needs surgery for it.

That means, at one point, she became submissive, and he kept going.

None of us really know, but with the info we have I'd tend to agree.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:
I'd tell their white knight they should've taught their daughter/sister/boyfriend/wife that it's not okay to swing on a man and expect to be treated like a lady. You call me whatever you want, but you're part of the problem of more and more women pulling stuff like this.

Yes there is far more man on woman violence, nobody is disputing that. But there are more women now who think they can pull stuff like this and hide behind their gender than in the past. I've seen the times change, as has my old man.

As I said, I have never once felt the need to hit a woman. The two women who have hit me, never did it again and later thanked me for how I handled the situation. I still have contact with them to this day (one is an ex-wife, the other an ex-girlfriend).

I'm not saying that there are never circumstances under which it's okay to hit a woman, just that they are extremely rare. Even if a woman hits a man first, it's very unlikely that she will actually do any damage. But if a man hits a woman, it's very likely that he will.

As for women thinking that they can "pull that stuff and hide behind their gender". Where's your proof? It certainly isn't my experience. Maybe you need to hang out with classier women?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with trojan, never hit a woman. Grab their arms and tell them to stop.

Now, in the case of some woman beating on a kid, I grab the kid out of the way and tell the woman to hit me.

What did the 18 year old punk kid do that annoyed the woman basketball player? Keep blocking her shot? Keep touching her tits? Make sexual references to her? Is there more on what caused it?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stand by your pathetic, antiquated, and unrealistic ideals of chivalry and take punches from women all you want. I won't, and that doesn't make me a woman beater. Any woman who decides to throw a punch on a man doesn't deserve whatever white knight mentality you seem to be adhering to, and it's exactly the reason more and more women are thinking they can pull that crap.

A 10 year old kid punches you, you will probably knock him out and call it self defense. Where do you draw the line? It doesn't seem you will.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one who thinks you should never try to do harm to anyone, unless the situation calls for it (like MMA).

I don't care who it is. In high school, I hated when people picked on those who couldn't defend themselves. I would do something stupid to get them to pick on me. I got punched and stuff, but I never punched back. They knew I could if I wanted to defend myself.

I think when it comes to getting punched, the eye-for-an-eye mentality is stupid. "One punch could cause serious harm". Okay, I agree. How about we give it back? That is stupid.

Now, if someone attacked me to do harm, I will do what I could to stop from getting hurt. I would probably tend to grab them and hold them in a way they couldn't do more harm. Punching back would not end it, but putting them in a submission position would.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly on that side. I have had a few times where I have had someone try to hit me and I have simply stopped them, maybe put them down, and left it at that. Honestly, though, if someone did manage to connect I could definitely see myself losing my temper and doing some damage. There's a certain level of that that I think is reasonable if you didn't instigate it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 10 year old kid punches you, you will probably knock him out and call it self defense. Where do you draw the line? It doesn't seem you will.

Umm no. Not even close to the same thing. Number one, any ten year old kid is unlikely to do any serious damage. There are plenty of women out there who can break your nose with a strong punch. Second, we're talking about an immature ten year old versus a fully mentally developed adult. You've failed on this attempt partner.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, someone brought up Ronda Rousey in an earlier post...

If you want to punch her back, you go right ahead. I personally would walk away (or pretend she knocked me out). I wouldn't want to give her any more reason to put more damage on me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I have never once felt the need to hit a woman. The two women who have hit me, never did it again and later thanked me for how I handled the situation. I still have contact with them to this day (one is an ex-wife, the other an ex-girlfriend).

I'm not saying that there are never circumstances under which it's okay to hit a woman, just that they are extremely rare. Even if a woman hits a man first, it's very unlikely that she will actually do any damage. But if a man hits a woman, it's very likely that he will.

As for women thinking that they can "pull that stuff and hide behind their gender". Where's your proof? It certainly isn't my experience. Maybe you need to hang out with classier women?

I'm telling you I've seen it with my own eyes, and it happens. I told you and everyone else here I've never swung on a woman and I hope I never have to. I've had one instance where I've had to defend myself and as soon as she stopped so did I. I'm just saying its pretty foolish to say there's no excuse for ever hitting a woman, and I have zero sympathy for any woman who decides she wants to fight a man and then gets her nose broken.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you I've seen it with my own eyes, and it happens. I told you and everyone else here I've never swung on a woman and I hope I never have to. I've had one instance where I've had to defend myself and as soon as she stopped so did I. I'm just saying its pretty foolish to say there's no excuse for ever hitting a woman, and I have zero sympathy for any woman who decides she wants to fight a man and then gets her nose broken.

He didn't say there is no excuse for ever hitting a woman. He did give an excuse to hitting a woman, that is if she had a weapon. Other than that, he feels it can be resolved without punching back.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say there is no excuse for ever hitting a woman. He did give an excuse to hitting a woman, that is if she had a weapon. Other than that, he feels it can be resolved without punching back.

And I'm saying I feel any woman who decides she's got balls big enough to fight a man and gets what she asks for has no bitch coming. Am I saying I'd automatically throw a punch on any woman who did me? No, I'd probably try to resolve it without doing that, but there may be a circumstance where I feel justified in returning the affront in kind and that doesn't make me a woman beater or a pussy.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good one, "real men". Join the 21st century with your antiquated notion of chivalry. Get back on you horse Mr White Knight & run off into the sunset.

Lol!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, someone brought up Ronda Rousey in an earlier post...

If you want to punch her back, you go right ahead. I personally would walk away (or pretend she knocked me out). I wouldn't want to give her any more reason to put more damage on me.

Hell, I'd run away from her while screaming like a little girl.:lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I didn't say "under no circumstances", I said "unless she's coming at you with a weapon". I have lived 52 years and have never once hit a woman and have never felt the need to hit a woman.

I have had a woman hit me twice in my life. The first time, I simply walked away. The 2nd time, I couldn't walk away because we were in a room, there was 1 door and she was between me and the door.

I wrapped her up in a bear hug, turned around so that she was no longer between me and the door, released her and walked out of the room.

I don't buy the "many women who can beat the crap out of many guys" argument either. There are very few women who can actually win a fight with a man. There is a reason that in self-defense classes women are taught to do what they have to in order to get away. They are not taught to stand there and actually try to win a fight with a man.

My wife took kick boxing lessons when she was younger and her instructor used to always tell the women in his class that if they are in a physical altercation with a man, they needed to use their kick boxing to get away as quickly as possible. If they tried to stand and fight, they would lose virtually every time.
I didn't say there were millions of women that can beat up a guy. I said they are out there and I've seen more than a few.

I haven't hit a woman either, but I'm not going to sit here and make blanket statements that there are no cases (short of holding a weapon) where it would be the right thing to do. I'll leave those for you.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I'd ever hit a woman is if she just blindside suckerpunched me in the face or the nuggets. If anything, I take her to the ground and get on top of her and pin her down until she stops fighting. I was raised to never mistreat a woman, so I won't unless they cross the line of just being stupid enough to hit someone first that is stronger than they are without good reasoning.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I'd ever hit a woman is if she just blindside suckerpunched me in the face or the nuggets. If anything, I take her to the ground and get on top of her and pin her down until she stops fighting. I was raised to never mistreat a woman, so I won't unless they cross the line of just being stupid enough to hit someone first that is stronger than they are without good reasoning.

That's my stance as well.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm saying I feel any woman who decides she's got balls big enough to fight a man and gets what she asks for has no bitch coming. Am I saying I'd automatically throw a punch on any woman who did me? No, I'd probably try to resolve it without doing that, but there may be a circumstance where I feel justified in returning the affront in kind and that doesn't make me a woman beater or a pussy.

I feel you're a weak ass man if just because a woman wants to hit you or swung at you , you think it's on. Part of being a MAN is knowing you shouldnt hit a woman even if she wants to hit you. You don't drop to that level. Sorry but you sound like tailor trash .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my stance as well.

No it's not this is what you wrote above. " I feel any woman who decides she's got balls big enough to fight a man and gets what she asks for "

Thats trailer trash attitude.