• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots used deflated balls

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt winning teams attract haters. And I'm sure there are Patriot haters who are very much enjoying this.

But its unfair to act like people are only criticizing the Patriots for cheating because they are haters.

I'd criticize any team for cheating.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt winning teams attract haters. And I'm sure there are Patriot haters who are very much enjoying this.

But its unfair to act like people are only criticizing the Patriots for cheating because they are haters.

Its not the criticism, if its deserved. I believe in paying the piper, or karma if you will. Its just the self righteous posters that go up my ass

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like criticizing the Pats before there has been an ounce of proof of intent

You can't have it both ways.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking advantage of the rules?? WTF is that? In your objective and unbiased opinion. HAHAHAHA!

I think it's similar to how QBs like Manning and Brady pushed the no huddle until defenses were keeling over and the league was felt it was excessive. Perfectly legal and considered brilliant gamesmanship.

What you don't get is that of course any team can do this that's why they need to fix it. By the looks of it they already sent a memo to the refs to make sure they give the D enough time to compete. Why is this so hard for you to understand??? It's not me making the decision the league is doing this you tool...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF I wouldnt know and I have never been on the Pats board, too many homers on team boards. I only come on general and did the same with CBS. Plus it fun and good entertainment with the Trolls and their Puppet Master Hammer, he cracks me up and they are puppets in his hands

Overall yes it's all about the entertainment although sometimes it feels like work explaining things to the homer pats fans...they are becoming worse than the jets fans.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like criticizing the Pats before there has been an ounce of proof of intent

You can't have it both ways.

This. Everybody is jumping to conclusion before the official ruling is even out. The fact is that nobody here knows exactly what happened. For all we know, BB might have been telling the truth and that he was unaware of the footballs being deflated (What coach monitors inflating or deflating of footballs anyway?). Maybe Tom Brady told the equipment manager to deflate the footballs to his preference. So what happens if this is the case? Tom Brady is not a "repeat" offender like BB would have been. What then?:noidea:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you see "deflate-gate" is considered "breaking news", its time to turn the tv off. I remember when breaking news was news so important, they would break into a show to tell you about it. Now its apparently balls losing pressure and reality show gossip.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you see "deflate-gate" is considered "breaking news", its time to turn the tv off. I remember when breaking news was news so important, they would break into a show to tell you about it. Now its apparently balls losing pressure and reality show gossip.

I miss that era of breaking news. A Volcano eruption, Hurricane ..or a Coup d'etat

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly as it compounds. The pats seem to be the only team constantly in the middle of this shit that's why it becomes such a big story. Either way its not right but one team can't keep doing this stuff...

However, where is the outrage and "looking into" what other teams do when there very own QBs admit to over inflating their footballs? Does that not mean anything? Is that not cheating? I don't know if or if not the balls were tampered with and if they truly were then F them but still, this isn't just a Patriots issue.

Should be an interesting next few days/weeks.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, where is the outrage and "looking into" what other teams do when there very own QBs admit to over inflating their footballs? Does that not mean anything? Is that not cheating? I don't know if or if not the balls were tampered with and if they truly were then F them but still, this isn't just a Patriots issue.

Should be an interesting next few days/weeks.

You are totally correct but the problem is that they weren't caught. If they were caught then they should be dealt with absolutely the same way. You would also think that there's more of an advantage for deflated balls compared to inflated though...but either way you're not wrong with your post.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Just saw that this was the lead story on NBC Nightly News. How is that possible?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are totally correct but the problem is that they weren't caught. If they were caught then they should be dealt with absolutely the same way. You would also think that there's more of an advantage for deflated balls compared to inflated though...but either way you're not wrong with your post.

True, weren't "caught" but the teams own well known QB admitted to it and the league just brushes that off. I get why the Patriots are being lambasted more for this but still it's like every other team is getting a free pass.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the more advantage to a deflated ball Sports Science on ESPN proved that wrong by showing it takes lot longer (granted it was minimal) for a deflated ball to reach a receiver which gives the d more time to intercept the ball.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the more advantage to a deflated ball Sports Science on ESPN proved that wrong by showing it takes lot longer (granted it was minimal) for a deflated ball to reach a receiver which gives the d more time to intercept the ball.

But easier to catch and harder to fumble. Hell we knew this as kids...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But easier to catch and harder to fumble. Hell we knew this as kids...

Not too sure about this, it depends on catching and running technique, if done according to basic principles, I believe a properly inflated ball would be easier to handle - I only played in HS and one year of college, so my opinion is only a drop in the bucket.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure the Pats will be fined about the same in addition to a loss of draft pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't get is that of course any team can do this that's why they need to fix it. By the looks of it they already sent a memo to the refs to make sure they give the D enough time to compete. Why is this so hard for you to understand??? It's not me making the decision the league is doing this you tool...

Yes they did the same thing with the no-huddle. So was that underhanded too? I think it was considered good gamesmanship at the time. But the legal substitution isn't? Why? Because the coaches who got fooled and was unable to respond complained? Because it's Belichick?

Do you get what I'm saying?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did the same thing with the no-huddle. So was that underhanded too? I think it was considered good gamesmanship at the time. But the legal substitution isn't? Why? Because the coaches who got fooled and was unable to respond complained? Because it's Belichick?

Do you get what I'm saying?

This has absolutely nothing to do with BB other than the fact that he abused it during a playoff game when he was desperate. You simply can't have something in the rule book that doesn't allow a D enough time to set their defense. Guys are running out of the huddle and they need time to see who's eligible and where they are on the line so they can cover them. That simply wasn't happening creating the flaw. I'm sure because of a dumb rule you'd be pissed if that happened to your team no? If not maybe the hawks or anyone for that matter should just run it up and down the field scoring every drive that's what you want? But like I said I think that the refs have already adjusted somewhat but the damage was already done.