• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular season thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t call it a good draft. It is an average draft talent wise.
Rich in QBs, and a lot of those teams picking in the top will take some of them. Im guessing you guys as well? So some of that better talent will fall to us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich in QBs, and a lot of those teams picking in the top will take some of them. Im guessing you guys as well? So some of that better talent will fall to us.

I have been scouting this draft for a very long time. Pretty much started even before the last draft was over on some of the prospects. Beyond about the top-5 guys in this draft the next bunch of players are very even. Picks 6-18 have pretty much the same caliber of player. So no talent is not going to get pushed down to you. Especially if Darnold goes back to USC leaving only maybe 2 QB's top-10 worthy in the draft. For the Raiders to possibly land one of those top-5 players they probably would need to end up with about the 7th pick in the draft and hope that a couple of teams just go crazy for guys like Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been scouting this draft for a very long time. Pretty much started even before the last draft was over on some of the prospects. Beyond about the top-5 guys in this draft the next bunch of players are very even. Picks 6-18 have pretty much the same caliber of player. So no talent is not going to get pushed down to you. Especially if Darnold goes back to USC leaving only maybe 2 QB's top-10 worthy in the draft. For the Raiders to possibly land one of those top-5 players they probably would need to end up with about the 7th pick in the draft and hope that a couple of teams just go crazy for guys like Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.
There's a few players i wouldn't mind us drafting. Say 3 or 4 QBs go in the top 10? We would have a nice selection of which to choose from, IMO.

So it looks like the Browns will take the guy you wanted in Josh Allen at 1. Hmm
I think Lamar Jackson will have an immediate impact. Sort of like Watson. Dude is going to be electrifying! Again IMO

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a few players i wouldn't mind us drafting. Say 3 or 4 QBs go in the top 10? We would have a nice selection of which to choose from, IMO.

So it looks like the Browns will take the guy you wanted in Josh Allen at 1. Hmm
I think Lamar Jackson will have an immediate impact. Sort of like Watson. Dude is going to be electrifying! Again IMO

When did I ever say I wanted Josh Allen?! Let me make this as clear as possible HECKKKKK NOOOOO! I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. So if they take him good that just means more options for the Broncos who might be picking 4 or 5 in the upcoming draft.

And again like I said even if 4 QB's get taken in the top-10 any team outside of the top-7 isn't getting what I would call a tier-1 player. Right now those guys are Connor Williams, Bradley Chubb, Nelson, Saquan Barkley, Josh Rosen, and Minkah Fitzpatrick. Beyond those guys is the next tier which is a group I would put about 12-15 guys in that will be graded very closely just will depend on what position you want to target.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Raiders are not getting close to drafting one of those guys unless they do something stupid before the draft and see their value fall a bit. It has happened in the past but again the odds of the Raiders getting one of those guys is like 1%.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the 2011 draft where even at pick 11 you can get a player like JJ Watt. I would say this is more like the 2015 draft where there are a couple of QB's that will go early followed by a bunch of players that are good just not having the expectation that they will join the elite of the NFL. More like your Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper, Dante Fowler types. Good productive players but nothing you just jump out of your seat saying this guy will be a star in the future. So at pick 11 you are looking at Traw Waynes, Danny Shelton, Andrus Peat type talent. Maybe you take a risk on a player with a very high ceiling but a ton of red flags and get lucky. Chiefs did with Marcus Peters but even there they have viewed him as a huge headache.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say I wanted Josh Allen?! Let me make this as clear as possible HECKKKKK NOOOOO! I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. So if they take him good that just means more options for the Broncos who might be picking 4 or 5 in the upcoming draft.

And again like I said even if 4 QB's get taken in the top-10 any team outside of the top-7 isn't getting what I would call a tier-1 player. Right now those guys are Connor Williams, Bradley Chubb, Nelson, Saquan Barkley, Josh Rosen, and Minkah Fitzpatrick. Beyond those guys is the next tier which is a group I would put about 12-15 guys in that will be graded very closely just will depend on what position you want to target.
So if they take him that pushes another player down the line, and if you guys take one, the Giants and whoever else takes one? Well that pushes other players down the line and right into our hands.
The only thing that sucks about all that? Good QB FA class. Cousins. Giants could trade Eli or maybe even the Colts trading Luck? Bortles?

And as far top tier players? Any player can be a top tier player in the league. Who do you think the Browns would of rather had, the guy they took or Watson? And Watson fell in the draft.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the 2011 draft where even at pick 11 you can get a player like JJ Watt. I would say this is more like the 2015 draft where there are a couple of QB's that will go early followed by a bunch of players that are good just not having the expectation that they will join the elite of the NFL. More like your Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper, Dante Fowler types. Good productive players but nothing you just jump out of your seat saying this guy will be a star in the future. So at pick 11 you are looking at Traw Waynes, Danny Shelton, Andrus Peat type talent. Maybe you take a risk on a player with a very high ceiling but a ton of red flags and get lucky. Chiefs did with Marcus Peters but even there they have viewed him as a huge headache.
Again cd we just don't know which player will make the impact. Say we draft Denzel Ward? He could be the best pick from that draft in a few years. Ward and Conley!

And i disagree on Coop just being a good player. Pro bowl player his first two years. Injuries, scheme change, infighting between our offensive coaches not only derailed him but the whole team. Carr having 3 broken bones in his back didn't help him as well.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Raiders are not getting close to drafting one of those guys unless they do something stupid before the draft and see their value fall a bit. It has happened in the past but again the odds of the Raiders getting one of those guys is like 1%.
I like Bradley Chubb and Barkley. Chubb might still be around our pick but doubt Barkley will.
A lot of players that could make an impact though. Roquan Smith, Ward are just a few that could be the best players in this draft when it's all said and done.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Ridley and Amari Cooper would be pretty sweet as well. This draft has a lot or players that could make an impact! Bryce Love, Penny, etc, etc.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they take him that pushes another player down the line, and if you guys take one, the Giants and whoever else takes one? Well that pushes other players down the line and right into our hands.
The only thing that sucks about all that? Good QB FA class. Cousins. Giants could trade Eli or maybe even the Colts trading Luck? Bortles?

And as far top tier players? Any player can be a top tier player in the league. Who do you think the Browns would of rather had, the guy they took or Watson? And Watson fell in the draft.

Well first off the guy they took has been pretty darn good this year. So I'm not sure they regret taking him at that point. They regret not taking him with their 2nd 1st round pick in Watson though.

And yes technically you are right any player can come out of a draft and become a star. What I'm saying though is there are drafts where you can look and see the top-10 is just stacked with very high potential. The 2011 draft people were going crazy in the scouting community with how loaded the talent was. And boom lots of possible HOF players coming out of that draft alone.

Just having watched lots and lots of film (more than I care to admit) and having talked to scouts of actual teams this just isn't as top heavy of a draft as some years past. There is good depth where you can find immediate starters later into the draft but there just are not those top-10 guys that you say "these are the guys who absolutely deserve to be in the top-10". I look at guys in this years draft compared to let's say the 2011 draft. I would probably say Saquan Barkley and a couple of the QB's would probably be the only players to go in the top-10 of that draft. Again just how loaded that draft was. When I finish my big board the guys from about pick 7 to about pick 18 will all have very similar grades. So at that point it just comes down to need, value, and scheme fit of who you take.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again cd we just don't know which player will make the impact. Say we draft Denzel Ward? He could be the best pick from that draft in a few years. Ward and Conley!

And i disagree on Coop just being a good player. Pro bowl player his first two years. Injuries, scheme change, infighting between our offensive coaches not only derailed him but the whole team. Carr having 3 broken bones in his back didn't help him as well.

Amari Cooper is a good player. He is not a top-10 WR in the league though. He is a mid level #1 type WR in my opinion. He has a nice skill set but he also has some very bad habits that hurt his chances of advancing up to the higher tier of WR's. Right now I would put Julio, Brown, OBJ, Evans, Nelson, Thomas, Hilton, Baldwin, Tate, DT, Cooks, Hopkins, Robinson, Green, Allen, and Sanders as all better WR's than him. I could also include guys like Edelman, Gordon, Hill, and I think I would rather have Devante Adams as well.

And yes again players from anywhere in the draft can turn into stars. That doesn't mean we can't compare one draft to another and say "hey how does this one look like it is stacking up?" And this 2018 draft to me looks like one that has good depth just not great top level talent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bradley Chubb and Barkley. Chubb might still be around our pick but doubt Barkley will.
A lot of players that could make an impact though. Roquan Smith, Ward are just a few that could be the best players in this draft when it's all said and done.

Chubb is going top-5 so unless you guys get a top-5 pick it is very doubtful that you have any kind of chance at him. Rumor is that Indy is in love with him. It is between him and Connor Williams right now.

I do know Broncos have a top-5 pick grade on Roquan Smith. Again probably a guy going top-10 so unless the Raiders get into the top-10 picks I don't see him making it to them. Ward could make it to the Raiders. I like his game for sure. Again there will be a talented player for the Raiders to pick. You are just not understanding what I'm trying to say here.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first off the guy they took has been pretty darn good this year. So I'm not sure they regret taking him at that point. They regret not taking him with their 2nd 1st round pick in Watson though.

And yes technically you are right any player can come out of a draft and become a star. What I'm saying though is there are drafts where you can look and see the top-10 is just stacked with very high potential. The 2011 draft people were going crazy in the scouting community with how loaded the talent was. And boom lots of possible HOF players coming out of that draft alone.

Just having watched lots and lots of film (more than I care to admit) and having talked to scouts of actual teams this just isn't as top heavy of a draft as some years past. There is good depth where you can find immediate starters later into the draft but there just are not those top-10 guys that you say "these are the guys who absolutely deserve to be in the top-10". I look at guys in this years draft compared to let's say the 2011 draft. I would probably say Saquan Barkley and a couple of the QB's would probably be the only players to go in the top-10 of that draft. Again just how loaded that draft was. When I finish my big board the guys from about pick 7 to about pick 18 will all have very similar grades. So at that point it just comes down to need, value, and scheme fit of who you take.
While i agree that you are better than most of those people on TV when it comes to the draft, just better work, i don't agree with none of you guys for the most part :) .

When does the big board come out? And when i can i read it? Link?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari Cooper is a good player. He is not a top-10 WR in the league though. He is a mid level #1 type WR in my opinion. He has a nice skill set but he also has some very bad habits that hurt his chances of advancing up to the higher tier of WR's. Right now I would put Julio, Brown, OBJ, Evans, Nelson, Thomas, Hilton, Baldwin, Tate, DT, Cooks, Hopkins, Robinson, Green, Allen, and Sanders as all better WR's than him. I could also include guys like Edelman, Gordon, Hill, and I think I would rather have Devante Adams as well.

And yes again players from anywhere in the draft can turn into stars. That doesn't mean we can't compare one draft to another and say "hey how does this one look like it is stacking up?" And this 2018 draft to me looks like one that has good depth just not great top level talent.
See, this is where i don't agree with you on Amari Cooper. The guy has been injured most of the year, along with all the drama the offense has been going through. From coaching to injuries to the QB. Not a lot of players on that list i would take over Cooper, no way man. I know what we have in Cooper and some down year by the WHOLE offense would change that view point. Now you might see it different but im confident in what we have.

And im ok with comparing drafts, people do it all the time. What i am saying is, we don't know who will do what, and what pick will pan out for said team. Heck, for we know some 3rd pick could end up being the best player for this draft.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb is going top-5 so unless you guys get a top-5 pick it is very doubtful that you have any kind of chance at him. Rumor is that Indy is in love with him. It is between him and Connor Williams right now.

I do know Broncos have a top-5 pick grade on Roquan Smith. Again probably a guy going top-10 so unless the Raiders get into the top-10 picks I don't see him making it to them. Ward could make it to the Raiders. I like his game for sure. Again there will be a talented player for the Raiders to pick. You are just not understanding what I'm trying to say here.
So if Indy passes on Chubb for Williams and the next few teams take different players? Chubb could fall to us. It just depends on what team needs who. Giants, Broncos, Browns, Jets, Cards, Bills, Bolts, Jags, could all want a QB. Some could draft them or trade up for one for one, in which case talent falls on the board. It's hard to say who will be there when we pick.

And i do understand what you are saying cd. Some drafts are just better overall, some just top heavy while others are just average. That's not my argument.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this is where i don't agree with you on Amari Cooper. The guy has been injured most of the year, along with all the drama the offense has been going through. From coaching to injuries to the QB. Not a lot of players on that list i would take over Cooper, no way man. I know what we have in Cooper and some down year by the WHOLE offense would change that view point. Now you might see it different but im confident in what we have.

And im ok with comparing drafts, people do it all the time. What i am saying is, we don't know who will do what, and what pick will pan out for said team. Heck, for we know some 3rd pick could end up being the best player for this draft.

Again not disagreeing with that thought. One of the best players on the Broncos team right now was an undrafted guy in Chris Harris. So talent can be found in places most would never think it should be found. I'm just saying when I'm grading players and other draft people are grading players this draft is a middle of the pack kind of draft. Doesn't mean other players can't rise above their grades but just with where I'm evaluating them this is how I have it. It is an inexact science of course which is why #1 overall picks bust and undrafted guys turn into All-Pros. Heck best player to maybe ever play the game was a 6th round pick so again this is why the draft is exciting in just trying to nail down what is something that can never be nailed down.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Indy passes on Chubb for Williams and the next few teams take different players? Chubb could fall to us. It just depends on what team needs who. Giants, Broncos, Browns, Jets, Cards, Bills, Bolts, Jags, could all want a QB. Some could draft them or trade up for one for one, in which case talent falls on the board. It's hard to say who will be there when we pick.

And i do understand what you are saying cd. Some drafts are just better overall, some just top heavy while others are just average. That's not my argument.

There are other teams that will take Chubb. The top pass rusher in the draft isn't making it out of the top-10 heck probably not out of the top-5. Every team can use another pass rusher especially of his caliber. I would love for the Broncos to take him. And right now there is no guarantee on how many QB's are actually coming out in the draft that would be top-10 worthy. Let's say Darnold goes back to college well then you are left with maybe 3 guys that some teams have as top-10 worthy. Let's say Rosen decides he doesn't want to be a Brown like he has already said and decides to go back. Again until we know final numbers of who is coming out we can't know how many QB's will help push down talent to you. Lots of evaluating still to go like the Senior Bowl, Combine, Interviews, and Medical checks that are maybe the most important beyond what is shown on tape by the player.