• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing NFL Shop fumble locates the Redskins in Wash. state
DDQQdMsXcAEHD6I.jpg

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my ^^^:lol:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he didn't kill anyone. I like Clinton. Sadly too many athletes are taken advantage of. I would love to see people like that spend a long time in jail as someone's girlfriend.

Couple of guys I know I try to remind them from time to time to save some for when they are out of football. A certain RB that played for the Jets and Raiders helped coached our kids after he retired. Same high school he went to. He had an expensive car up on blocks because he couldn't afford to get it fixed. He is a good guy, good to the kids on the team at the HS but sadly he is broke.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he didn't kill anyone. I like Clinton. Sadly too many athletes are taken advantage of. I would love to see people like that spend a long time in jail as someone's girlfriend.

Couple of guys I know I try to remind them from time to time to save some for when they are out of football. A certain RB that played for the Jets and Raiders helped coached our kids after he retired. Same high school he went to. He had an expensive car up on blocks because he couldn't afford to get it fixed. He is a good guy, good to the kids on the team at the HS but sadly he is broke.
While it is a sad and recurring story, you can only be taken advantage of if you let it happen.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand that but it doesn't make it any less sad. Especially when you know some of these guys and you know how hard they have worked. I understand they culpable.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand that but it doesn't make it any less sad. Especially when you know some of these guys and you know how hard they have worked. I understand they culpable.

It doesnt require being rich and having lost it all.

If you have never thought of doing mortal harm to some one that has done you a grievous wrong, you were either lucky, sheltered, blessed or just a really really forgiving marshmallow.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt require being rich and having lost it all.

If you have never thought of doing mortal harm to some one that has done you a grievous wrong, you were either lucky, sheltered, blessed or just a really really forgiving marshmallow.

Not sure why you quoted me shark, I am guilty of thinking those deadly thoughts maybe once or ....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Jones

✔@Mr_KevinJones

I hear Dan Snyder would rather make Kirk Cousins the highest paid QB in the NFL than lose him to Kyle Shanahan https://twitter.com/rosstuckernfl/status/881982040060686338 …

5:34 PM - 3 Jul 2017 · San Diego, CA

Follow
Kevin Jones

✔@Mr_KevinJones

I was told Snyder fears Redskins fans would forever turn their backs on him if Kyle/Kirk have sustained success.together in SF https://twitter.com/alibomayedmv/status/881991846724911104 …

5:46 PM - 3 Jul 2017 · San Diego, CA

Sorry guys, IM not as savvy as Cali when it comes to the posting tweets in the forum thing.

But I found this an interesting take from some one outside DC but in an interested market.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Jones

✔@Mr_KevinJones

I hear Dan Snyder would rather make Kirk Cousins the highest paid QB in the NFL than lose him to Kyle Shanahan https://twitter.com/rosstuckernfl/status/881982040060686338 …

5:34 PM - 3 Jul 2017 · San Diego, CA

Follow
Kevin Jones

✔@Mr_KevinJones

I was told Snyder fears Redskins fans would forever turn their backs on him if Kyle/Kirk have sustained success.together in SF https://twitter.com/alibomayedmv/status/881991846724911104 …

5:46 PM - 3 Jul 2017 · San Diego, CA

Sorry guys, IM not as savvy as Cali when it comes to the posting tweets in the forum thing.

But I found this an interesting take from some one outside DC but in an interested market.
mike jones has a similar take

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f
I don’t get it how quarterback Kirk Cousins, who has never even won a playoff game, demand so much money. Yes, the Redskins dropped the ball when it comes to Kirk Cousins but he’s not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. He doesn’t deserve that much money, and I’m a die-hard Redskins fan.

— Tommy Lofton

Sorry, but it’s just what quarterbacks cost these days. Just ask the Raiders and Carr, the Lions (who are looking at similar numbers for Matthew Stafford, who has never won a playoff game) and the Colts, who gave Andrew Luck a rich contract last year. The numbers go up every year. The Redskins could have had Cousins for around $19 million per year with $45 million to $50 million guaranteed, but they definitely did drop the ball late in the 2015 season and in the offseason of 2016. So, now, as he comes off a 4,000-yard season and nearly a 5,000-yard campaign and back-to-back winning seasons, and entering his prime, Cousins certainly has all the leverage.

there you go VT , DEANPET country and coach and the rest of you "money guys " and again this was during 2016 off season in which the FO blew it !!!!!!!!

If Cousins does depart in 2018, I think the biggest mistake was not giving him what he was asking for in 2016. At that point, it was around $19 million per year, with around $45 million in guaranteed money. Maybe Bruce Allen and Daniel Snyder wanted to see more than they had midway through the 2015 season. But the way Cousins blew up down the stretch – and that march to the playoffs – it should have been clear that they’d have to pay market value to keep him. To further magnify the gravity of that stubbornness is the fact that they came to the negotiation table early this offseason offering around $20 million per year with low guarantees, instead of saying, “Hey, man. You really proved yourself as you threw for almost 5,000 yards. We know what quarterbacks cost nowadays, and you’re our guy. Here’s a worthy contract,” just as the Raiders did for Carr a couple of weeks ago. Instead, the Redskins continued to lowball Cousins, had to use the franchise tag again, and will wind up having to cough up much, much more than they wanted to last offseason.

The Redskins have to be prepared to pay Cousins around $58 million in guaranteed money at signing because that’s equal to this year and next year’s combined franchise tag figures (roughly $24 million and roughly $34 million), and around $75 million to $80 million in total guaranteed money over the life of the contract. It’d probably have to have an average annual salary of between $25 million and $27 million.

That’s about what it’ll take. And again, as we’ve said all along, that’s all hinging on Cousins wanting to be here. The Redskins could make that type of offer, and if Cousins really doesn’t feel comfortable signing a long-term deal here, then such an offer still will not get the job done.

and again here VT , jones acknowledges the franchise figures are where the guarantees start 24 plus 34 equals 58 mil

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones Mailbag...

If a long-term deal is not in place for Kirk by the upcoming deadline, it would seem that Kirk would be an expensive rental for the year. Next year would prove prohibitive in terms of paying him $30-plus-million while looking to sign several players whose contracts are also up then.

Given that the team now appears to be building up the defense and running game, how much of a step back would the Skins take if we had to go with Colt McCoy or Nate Sudfeld in ’18? Lastly, do you think that negotiations have been impacted by the team’s belief that they can find a QB in next year’s draft with higher upside than Kirk?— Cedric Burton

It’s really hard to say. Injuries have prevented us from seeing just how good McCoy can be for an extended stretch. The Redskins won two of the five 2014 games in which McCoy played. But he hasn’t seen a lot of action since. McCoy certainly knows the offense and has done some good things. He has the smarts to know how to keep a defense off balance, and he does well going off script and having to improvise. There are plays that he can probably make that Cousins hasn’t in the past, because McCoy is more of a gambler. As a result, he also commits turnovers that Cousins would not. But again, durability has been the big issue. And McCoy takes more sacks than Cousins, so that threatens his health, and also doesn’t keep the offense moving at as an efficient pace as the Cousins-led unit. If he can stay healthy, the Redskins probably could hover around the .500, I suppose. But again, because he doesn’t have a significant body of work, it’s hard to say.

It’s even harder to predict how Nate Sudfeld would do; he’s never played an NFL game. He looked very much like a project in limited action last preseason. Even if he’s improved, there would still be a significant drop-off from Cousins to Sudfeld.

It really is important to lock up Cousins with a long-term deal, because there’s no guarantee that either backup can ensure a seamless transition, and it’s definitely not a lock that Washington will be able to land an ideal replacement in the draft. You would hope the Redskins’ decision-makers understand this.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones Mailbag...

If a long-term deal is not in place for Kirk by the upcoming deadline, it would seem that Kirk would be an expensive rental for the year. Next year would prove prohibitive in terms of paying him $30-plus-million while looking to sign several players whose contracts are also up then.

Given that the team now appears to be building up the defense and running game, how much of a step back would the Skins take if we had to go with Colt McCoy or Nate Sudfeld in ’18? Lastly, do you think that negotiations have been impacted by the team’s belief that they can find a QB in next year’s draft with higher upside than Kirk?— Cedric Burton

It’s really hard to say. Injuries have prevented us from seeing just how good McCoy can be for an extended stretch. The Redskins won two of the five 2014 games in which McCoy played. But he hasn’t seen a lot of action since. McCoy certainly knows the offense and has done some good things. He has the smarts to know how to keep a defense off balance, and he does well going off script and having to improvise. There are plays that he can probably make that Cousins hasn’t in the past, because McCoy is more of a gambler. As a result, he also commits turnovers that Cousins would not. But again, durability has been the big issue. And McCoy takes more sacks than Cousins, so that threatens his health, and also doesn’t keep the offense moving at as an efficient pace as the Cousins-led unit. If he can stay healthy, the Redskins probably could hover around the .500, I suppose. But again, because he doesn’t have a significant body of work, it’s hard to say.

It’s even harder to predict how Nate Sudfeld would do; he’s never played an NFL game. He looked very much like a project in limited action last preseason. Even if he’s improved, there would still be a significant drop-off from Cousins to Sudfeld.

It really is important to lock up Cousins with a long-term deal, because there’s no guarantee that either backup can ensure a seamless transition, and it’s definitely not a lock that Washington will be able to land an ideal replacement in the draft. You would hope the Redskins’ decision-makers understand this.

Yep - read this today - good reply. However - Jones fails to also mention that McCoy doesn't have a strong arm & this would likely be a real problem. As for Sudfeld - lol - like to see how Coach would reply to this since he already has him in the Pro Bowl in the relatively near future (again - would like to believe this is a joke but who knows with that clown).

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the comment Mike made about Colt being able to make some plays Cousin's could not was interesting and probably true but agree with you SoCal that there are plays that Cousin's can make that McCoy can't.

What the hell, there are some who wish we would save the $22+ million for defense. (I understand we are stacked at WR:noidea:) So let's build the defense next off season and win the Super Bowl with Colt. Then we can debate if he is worth $25 million since he will be a free agent following the 2018 season. :yes:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the comment Mike made about Colt being able to make some plays Cousin's could not was interesting and probably true but agree with you SoCal that there are plays that Cousin's can make that McCoy can't.

What the hell, there are some who wish we would save the $22+ million for defense. (I understand we are stacked at WR:noidea:) So let's build the defense next off season and win the Super Bowl with Colt. Then we can debate if he is worth $25 million since he will be a free agent following the 2018 season. :yes:

I was going to make this elegant response about spending the $22M on defense..

Josh Norman is costing us $20M against the cap.

:gaah:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely laughable to believe McCoy would keep us around .500.

McCoy is 1-3 as a Redskins starter, all coming in 2014.

We averaged 15 PPG with McCoy as a starter including being shut out by the Rams. It would have been less than 14 but we scored 27 against the Colts while being blown out of the stadium.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely laughable to believe McCoy would keep us around .500.

McCoy is 1-3 as a Redskins starter, all coming in 2014.

We averaged 15 PPG with McCoy as a starter including being shut out by the Rams. It would have been less than 14 but we scored 27 against the Colts while being blown out of the stadium.

That was a brutal season gk. i do remember colt coming in against the charlie whitehurst led titans in week 7 in relief of a struggling KC. Colt had a pretty good game trying to lead the skins back, but came up a little short. Now, don't forget his 1 win as a starter that year was against the eventual NFCE division winner at their place. That was a great game!

We all want the same thing here gk, so it's all good. HTTR