• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins hire Dan Quinn

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Ben guy too. No way he puts this kind of staff together. It's comforting to kinda know what you are getting with Quinn. Rookie GM, rookie coach, with a rookie QB, that would have been an experiment.
Quinn seems to be not trying to fuck his second time as hc up.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn seems to be not trying to fuck his second time as hc up.
He's the guy that wanted this job the most. That's always a good thing. I just hope he gets some rope.

Its clear what Peters is doing.

1. Build through the draft.

2. Sign vets on a one year deal to be a placeholder until he can replace them with a guy drafted high.

3. Once the roster is filled with his core (draft picks), go all in in FA and sign some big names and trade for a difference maker or two.

It's a plan.....I see what he wants to do.

This plan will take some time, but as long as he hits on his draft picks, we should have ourselves a roster that wins 11 to 12 games annually and is sustainable.

There will be some down years that the fanbase will have to stomach. This is probably a 6 to 7 win team next year, but we will have the cap flexibility to be active in FA every year to fill holes that we haven't yet filled through the draft.

The only risk with this approach is your hit rate on your draft picks has to be high.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the guy that wanted this job the most. That's always a good thing. I just hope he gets some rope.

2. Sign vets on a one year deal to be a placeholder until he can replace them with a guy drafted high.

3. Once the roster is filled with his core (draft picks), go all in in FA and sign some big names and trade for a difference maker or two.

This plan will take some time, but as long as he hits on his draft picks, we should have ourselves a roster that wins 11 to 12 games annually and is sustainable.

There will be some down years that the fanbase will have to stomach. This is probably a 6 to 7 win team next year, but we will have the cap flexibility to be active in FA every year to fill holes that we haven't yet filled through the draft.

The only risk with this approach is your hit rate on your draft picks has to be high.

That is the key we have to hit on our draft picks especially the QB at #2. There is still plenty of money left. What did you think about Curl leaving?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's the guy that wanted this job the most. That's aleays a good thing. I just hope he gets some rope.

I agree.anybody expecting a playoff appearance in year 1 is stupid.lots of rebuilding to be done first at most positions.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the plan is ever going to be to sign high priced FAs. Draft or trades .... fill in holes as needed in FA.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the key we have to hit on our draft picks especially the QB at #2. There is still plenty of money left. What did you think about Curl leaving?
I wanted Curl back, but if he was asking for top 5 SS money, I understand them lettimg him go. Hitting on a 7th rounder is a good thing. Those are the guys you generally like to bring back. Curl isn't a playmaker and it feels like he was asking for playmaker money.

Would have been nice, but not going to lose a ton of sleep over it uless they go full Archuleta and bring in some bum for major dollars, which they didn't.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the plan is ever going to be to sign high priced FAs. Draft or trades .... fill in holes as needed in FA.
I think once Harris and Peters feel they are close you will see a little more aggression. jmo

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Curl back, but if he was asking for top 5 SS money, I understand them lettimg him go. Hitting on a 7th rounder is a good thing. Those are the guys you generally like to bring back. Curl isn't a playmaker and it feels like he was asking for playmaker money.

Would have been nice, but not going to lose a ton of sleep over it uless they go full Archuleta and bring in some bum for major dollars, which they didn't.
LMAO @ full Archuleta. :pound:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Curl's deal was fair. Hopefully Chin can play well.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Curl's deal was fair. Hopefully Chin can play well.
4 for 45, if that's official I probably would have done that. The only signing I'm curious about are the Chiefs guard and Mariota. I feel real good about everything else.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 for 45, if that's official I probably would have done that. The only signing I'm curious about are the Chiefs guard and Mariota. I feel real good about everything else.

we had the money to do it. I agree with you. Feel the same way about the other FA's but what is the plan for LT?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had the money to do it. I agree with you. Feel the same way about the other FA's but what is the plan for LT?
If Fashanu falls, do you package 36 and 40 and go get him?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fashanu falls, do you package 36 and 40 and go get him?

If we don't sign Smith or another OT in FA, yes im moving up. even if we do, i would like to move up. Fashu might go top 15, it could cost too much to move up. I was hoping Morgan fell to 36 but I dont think it's going to happen. I think we can trade up for Mims or Guyton in the 20's. IF we can get Smith and one of those guys at OT that would be great.

If we stay as is I think the targets are QB at 2 and OT and WR in the 2nd. 3rd would be CB and LB. FA is not over yet. So, this could change.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't sign Smith or another OT in FA, yes im moving up. even if we do, i would like to move up. Fashu might go top 15, it could cost too much to move up. I was hoping Morgan fell to 36 but I dont think it's going to happen. I think we can trade up for Mims or Guyton in the 20's. IF we can get Smith and one of those guys at OT that would be great.

If we stay as is I think the targets are QB at 2 and OT and WR in the 2nd. 3rd would be CB and LB. FA is not over yet. So, this could change.
Have to do something at corner for sure.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to do something at corner for sure.
I think moving up would be a mistake from the standpoint that it would mean another position would be pushed back. It also means another player at a higher round would not be on the team.

We need every draft pick we have to be honest. Unfortunately, we are that bad. 4th rounders might have to contribute. It's not off the table.

I think peters views these picks as gold and will hold on to them. If the goal is to build a core through the draft, then I don't see him bundling picks to move up. It's about quantity now, not quality.

Just my observation.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, why burn up our picks ? we can get a good tackle at 36 or 40 or both

Who do you think will be avaible at 36 or 40 to come in and start at LT on week 1?