• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins hire Dan Quinn

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how anyone cannot be impressed after the press conference. Several reasons IMO.

Harris loves this town and he loves this team.
You can feel it when he talks. It was just a money maker for Snyder. He didn't care about the average fan. Harris clearly wants to win, but he values the fan experience.

Peters is very intelligent and has a vision. He is going to lock down free agents just because he is confident and driven. He is loyal to this organization and will do whatever it takes.

Quinn is hungry, but humble. He has personality and could not be more thankful. He is going to win.

What struck me most was the unity I saw. These 3 have a common goal: win.
I dont see politics, jealousy, or arrogance. These 3 are going to tear down the past, and build a machine here. It was refreshing, but inspiring.

I felt we got our team back. I have been slow to the party, but today is what I have been waiting for. Let's go!
Well, there's always at least one in the bunch and thus far I'm not impressed at all with any of them or what they presented themselves to be in that press conference.
Rivera is gone and so is Snyder but If they want to impress me.. show me something different!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's always at least one in the bunch and thus far I'm not impressed at all with any of them or what they presented themselves to be in that press conference.
Rivera is gone and so is Snyder but If they want to impress me.. show me something different!
My man...

We finally got a GM! No more having the owner drafting players and no more coach centric crap!

We have an owner who isn't pimping out cheerleaders, stealing money from other teams, and pretending his team is a fantasy football team.

We have a coach who isn't getting the band back together and who isn't making any roster decisions.

I am not saying it's going to work, but this is the best attempt at forming a front office since snyder bought the team. This is a solid coaching staff and gives me some hope.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man...

We finally got a GM! No more having the owner drafting players and no more coach centric crap!

We have an owner who isn't pimping out cheerleaders, stealing money from other teams, and pretending his team is a fantasy football team.

We have a coach who isn't getting the band back together and who isn't making any roster decisions.

I am not saying it's going to work, but this is the best attempt at forming a front office since snyder bought the team. This is a solid coaching staff and gives me some hope.
It's all true! I can't dispute anything that you've written, but at the end of the day fans/followers and supporters will respond to results far more than initial appearances.
I get the excitement that comes with changes, but as stated, I'm not impressed with words or presentation unless and until it's clear that our team isn't deserving of that "same old ________." Identifier. Right now the team's record is 4-13 and the new management has a record of 0-0 which allows me to give them a bit of benefit of doubt, that translates into a net of perhaps a couple of games difference plus or minus without having the benefit knowing the personnel changes coming and/or how they bond to create real, sustainable cultural change!

I was among the first here to suggest that this organization get a dedicated GM way back when Bruce Allen was fooling people. I'm happy that all these years later they have hired one. That happiness will be bolstered or left wanting depending on what he does going forward.

Glad Snyder is gone, but that doesn't tell me anything about the new guy!

All the rest are 0-0 as stated and it's a refreshing change from the ones who are now gone. "We'll see!" best sums up my position on them.

Don't want to spoil the excitement being generated but I'm not one who sets himself up for disappointment either.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all true! I can't dispute anything that you've written, but at the end of the day fans/followers and supporters will respond to results far more than initial appearances.
I get the excitement that comes with changes, but as stated, I'm not impressed with words or presentation unless and until it's clear that our team isn't deserving of that "same old ________." Identifier. Right now the team's record is 4-13 and the new management has a record of 0-0 which allows me to give them a bit of benefit of doubt, that translates into a net of perhaps a couple of games difference plus or minus without having the benefit knowing the personnel changes coming and/or how they bond to create real, sustainable cultural change!

I was among the first here to suggest that this organization get a dedicated GM way back when Bruce Allen was fooling people. I'm happy that all these years later they have hired one. That happiness will be bolstered or left wanting depending on what he does going forward.

All the rest are 0-0 as stated and it's a refreshing change from the ones who are now gone. "We'll see!" best sums up my position on them.

Don't want to spoil the excitement being generated but I'm not one who sets himself up for disappointment either.
Then, "Just win baby"!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You aren't spoiling anything. You are one of the most intelligent posters on this board.

I understand everything you are saying.

We do need to be reasonable and not make foolish comments claiming things that won't happen. We need to be measured.

Peters hasn't drafted one player or signed one free agent here.

Quinn hasn't coached one game here

Kingsbury hasnt called one play here.

We don't know what we don't know.

I am excited and have hope that this is going to work out.
I am not going to make silly predictions, put money down, or set myself up to look foolish however.

I get you sty and don't disagree with you.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't spoiling anything. You are one of the most intelligent posters on this board.

We do need to be reasonable and not make foolish comments claiming things that won't happen. We need to be measured.

I am not going to make silly predictions, put money down, or set myself up to look foolish however.

Agreed, we're not in disagreement at all.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I just direct messaged JP Finlay on IG. I've DMd him before and he always responds.

I DMd him during the rebrand and told him that the crest was wrong and that I didn't know who else to get in touch with.

I literally begged him to get in touch with someone. He responded and led off the next day's show talking about it.

Later that day I thanked him on IG and he responded with a thumbs up.

Long story short I just hit his inbox again and asked him how many years did Dan Quinn get. It's SB week, but I'll let you know if I hear anything back from him.

Did I miss it? Anyone here know how many years we gave Quinn?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the whole Dallas thing. At least we are pulling from a perennial 12 win team and not the Panthers. History with Dallas hasn't been kind though. Norv and every Dallas FA we signed didn't work out. I do think Norv gets way too much hate for his time here.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240208_141138_Instagram.jpg