• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG is head and shoulders above Mangini and Shurmer as a HC and QB developer. You can quote me on that.
yeah he is so what ? if colt had the goods he would be starting right now

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2002, Shurmur was named the team’s quarterback coach. In that role, Shumur helped shape Donovan McNabb into the most prolific passer in Eagles history. McNabb holds nearly every Eagles career passing record, and in 2008, he set Eagles single-season records with 345 completions and 3,916 yards. In 2004, Shurmur and McNabb helped guide the Eagles to their first Super Bowl appearance

Shurmur also made a tangible impact on Sam Bradford’s immediate success as a rookie in 2010. The first-overall pick out of the University of Oklahoma set NFL rookie records for most consecutive passes without an interception (169) and most completions (354). Under Shurmur’s tutelage, Bradford finished the season with a 60.0 completion percentage, 3,512 yards and 18 touchdown passes, winning the AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.

Shurmur’s unique ability to develop young talent at the quarterback position was once again on display in 2013. Second-year QB Nick Foles enjoyed a breakout season under the direction of Shurmur, throwing for 27 touchdowns and only two interceptions while posting the third-be
Part of the reason Shurmur was hired was the team wanted him to call the plays on offense as Holmgren did in Green Bay and Seattle.[4] Another reason for the hire was Shurmur's past success of developing young quarterbacks such as McNabb and Bradford. The Browns selected quarterback Colt McCoy in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft, and in McCoy’s first season with Shurmur as his coach, the former University of Texas standout posted the best season of his professional career to date in 2011, throwing for 2,733 yards and 14 touchdown passes in 13 games.

After the end of the 2012 season, Shurmur and general manager Tom Heckert, Jr. were fired.[5]
st QB rating (119.2) and third-lowest interception percentage (0.63%) in NFL history. Foles also became just the second player in league history to throw for seven touchdowns in a game during a match-up against the Oakland Raiders, and one of three who have done so without throwing an interception.[1]

i dont know i think his resume is as good or better then JG's he took 2 qbs foles and mccoy and coached them to their best seasons

Dmac and bradford are also on his list and they had great seasons under him
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Shurmur#cite_note-Eagles_bio-1

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the qb class wasnt very good . we already have a project in sudfeld .

I agree dad, but I would have spent 6th or 7th rounder on a guy like Chad Kelly. Unless, of course the Redskins were in agreement they would sign KC to a long term deal, or they had a project already on the current roster.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his first season, Mangini led the Jets to a 10-6 record and a postseason berth with NFL Comeback Player of the Year quarterback Chad Pennington. New York, which finished the previous year 4-12, lost to New England in a wild-card playoff game.

mangini did this with pennington

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like this thread has been :tj:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree dad, but I would have spent 6th or 7th rounder on a guy like Chad Kelly. Unless, of course the Redskins were in agreement they would sign KC to a long term deal, or they had a project already on the current roster.

Why? We already had that prayer the previous season in Sudfeld. Sudfeld is a year ahead of a 7th this past season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland? Cleveland?

What does Colt’s time in Cleveland have to do with his play in Washington in Jay Gruden’s system? Now, that comment you made I would agree is…“laughable”.

2 More years “experience” in Cleveland and SF? Again, “laughable”.

Who knows if Colt can, or can’t maintain a QB rating of 96.4 or even exceed it. You certainly don’t. The fact is, Colt had similar success to KC in Jay Gruden’s system in in 2014.

IMO, KC is physically a better NFL QB. But, it’s also my opinion that both QB’s can succeed in Jay’s system with the right offensive personnel. Both quarterbacks are system guys.

I’ve only been a fan of one NFL team, the burgundy and gold since the early 70’s. You? Burgundy, gold, orange and navy?

His time in Cleveland was two years of starting experience on the NFL level.

You are right. We don't know if Colt can maintain a 96.4 QB rating. We know KC can maintain better than that because he has the past two seasons. He was sixth in each of the last two seasons in QBR which is supposed to be an even better metric.

I have no problem with system guys and believe most guys are system guys. I just don't believe there is a system in the world that will make McCoy oook like a quality starter. McCoy can't read a defense and has no pocket presence, this can't stay healthy. With McCoy, we are a 3 win team...my personal prediction.

As for questioning your Redskins fandom, my apologies. I thought you were somebody else.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His time in Cleveland was two years of starting experience on the NFL level.

You are right. We don't know if Colt can maintain a 96.4 QB rating. We know KC can maintain better than that because he has the past two seasons. He was sixth in each of the last two seasons in QBR which is supposed to be an even better metric.

I have no problem with system guys and believe most guys are system guys. I just don't believe there is a system in the world that will make McCoy oook like a quality starter. McCoy can't read a defense and has no pocket presence, this can't stay healthy. With McCoy, we are a 3 win team...my personal prediction.

As for questioning your Redskins fandom, my apologies. I thought you were somebody else.

It's all good gk. How's the quarterback situation in Denver looking this season? As a life long Redskins fan, I don't keep up with what's going on with the AFC team that plays in mile "high" stadium. Appreciate in advance the update.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good gk. How's the quarterback situation in Denver looking this season? As a life long Redskins fan, I don't keep up with what's going on with the AFC team that plays in mile "high" stadium. Appreciate in advance the update.

They at least have an option with Paxton Lynch they need to play out. I do believe they will oils take KC in a heart beat.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They at least have an option with Paxton Lynch they need to play out. I do believe they will oils take KC in a heart beat.

Put Kirk on a team where he doesnt have to work twice as hard to cover for the defense, your team is competing for a Lombardi. Elway aint dumb, he will be quietly watching the Cousins drama .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Kirk on a team where he doesnt have to work twice as hard to cover for the defense, your team is competing for a Lombardi. Elway aint dumb, he will be quietly watching the Cousins drama .

No doubt. KC with that defense, throwing to Thomas and Sanders, that is a recipe for a Super Bowl.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if this presser is a good sign or a bad sign...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Joe thinks this deal is gonna get done. Interesting.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This presser is gonna have 'hot takes galore, either way

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T minus 28 min...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media flurry incoming...4 min

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been to NaVorro's camp a couple of times when he had them in District Heights. I probably would have gone to one he just had at Gwynn Park with Phil Taylor but I missed that it was happening. It is great to watch young kids having fun at these things.