• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely laughable to believe McCoy would keep us around .500.

McCoy is 1-3 as a Redskins starter, all coming in 2014.

We averaged 15 PPG with McCoy as a starter including being shut out by the Rams. It would have been less than 14 but we scored 27 against the Colts while being blown out of the stadium.

That was a brutal season gk. i do remember colt coming in against the charlie whitehurst led titans in week 7 in relief of a struggling KC. Colt had a pretty good game trying to lead the skins back, but came up a little short. Now, don't forget his 1 win as a starter that year was against the eventual NFCE division winner at their place. That was a great game!

We all want the same thing here gk, so it's all good. HTTR

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely laughable to believe McCoy would keep us around .500.

McCoy is 1-3 as a Redskins starter, all coming in 2014.

We averaged 15 PPG with McCoy as a starter including being shut out by the Rams. It would have been less than 14 but we scored 27 against the Colts while being blown out of the stadium.

That was a brutal season gk. i do remember colt coming in against the charlie whitehurst led titans in week 7 in relief of a struggling KC. Colt had a pretty good game trying to lead the skins back, but came up a little short. Now, don't forget his 1 win as a starter that year was against the eventual NFCE division winner at their place. That was a great game!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The facts are not brutal at all...they are simply facts.

We beat Dallas and all it took was four fumbles, two recoveries, 5 sacks, and a Romo injury to make it to OT.

Did you also miss the part where we were shut out by the Rams?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts are not brutal at all...they are simply facts.

We beat Dallas and all it took was four fumbles, two recoveries, 5 sacks, and a Romo injury to make it to OT.

Did you also miss the part where we were shut out by the Rams?

C’mon gk facts?

Yep, the record book states Colt was 1-3 as the starter. You are correct sir, but these are some other facts.

Giants game he started, but was injured EARLY in the game. Colt was having a really good game before injury forced him out. But, I guess you can give him that loss?

Colt won as many games as the Redskins QB in 2014 as KC did.

Colt had a higher QB rating than KC in the 2014 season.

Colt had a higher completion percentage than KC in 2014.

Colt had 4 total turnovers compared to KC’s 11 in 2014.

facts, gk…”simply facts”

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C’mon gk facts?

Yep, the record book states Colt was 1-3 as the starter. You are correct sir, but these are some other facts.

Giants game he started, but was injured EARLY in the game. Colt was having a really good game before injury forced him out. But, I guess you can give him that loss?

Colt won as many games as the Redskins QB in 2014 as KC did.

Colt had a higher QB rating than KC in the 2014 season.

Colt had a higher completion percentage than KC in 2014.

Colt had 4 total turnovers compared to KC’s 11 in 2014.

facts, gk…”simply facts”

Colt McCoy was given his chance in Cleveland and has obvious issues as a QB.

Colt McCoy has two more years of NFL experience than KC and had 21 starts prior to 2014.

Do you believe McCoy can maintain a QB rating of 96.4? I know KC can and has been number six in the NFL the last two seasons in QBR which measures QB play situationally.

As for giving McCoy the loss against the NYG, he played so well we were down 7-3 at the time. He was having a decent game to that point though. One reason I give the loss to the starter is practice reps. McCoy got all the reps in practice all week.

Doesn't the Dallas board miss you? Shouldn't you be talking about the looming suspension of Zeke?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy was given his chance in Cleveland and has obvious issues as a QB.

Colt McCoy has two more years of NFL experience than KC and had 21 starts prior to 2014.

Do you believe McCoy can maintain a QB rating of 96.4? I know KC can and has been number six in the NFL the last two seasons in QBR which measures QB play situationally.

As for giving McCoy the loss against the NYG, he played so well we were down 7-3 at the time. He was having a decent game to that point though. One reason I give the loss to the starter is practice reps. McCoy got all the reps in practice all week.

Doesn't the Dallas board miss you? Shouldn't you be talking about the looming suspension of Zeke?

Cleveland? Cleveland?

What does Colt’s time in Cleveland have to do with his play in Washington in Jay Gruden’s system? Now, that comment you made I would agree is…“laughable”.

2 More years “experience” in Cleveland and SF? Again, “laughable”.

Who knows if Colt can, or can’t maintain a QB rating of 96.4 or even exceed it. You certainly don’t. The fact is, Colt had similar success to KC in Jay Gruden’s system in in 2014.

IMO, KC is physically a better NFL QB. But, it’s also my opinion that both QB’s can succeed in Jay’s system with the right offensive personnel. Both quarterbacks are system guys.

I’ve only been a fan of one NFL team, the burgundy and gold since the early 70’s. You? Burgundy, gold, orange and navy?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are pinning your hopes on colt mccoy to lead you to the playoffs and have a decent run in them , then i want the pipe your smoking

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are pinning your hopes on colt mccoy to lead you to the playoffs and have a decent run in them , then i want the pipe your smoking

I'm not pinning my hopes on anything here dad, only a successful season in 2017. As a lifelong Redskins fan like yourself, you've certainly seen how a very good HC, and the QB's that play within that system can look pretty good. Hell, with excellent coaching and a great system you can even win super bowls with "system quarterbacks".

Off the top of my head 1982, 1987 and 1991 come to mind.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pinning my hopes on anything here dad, only a successful season in 2017. As a lifelong Redskins fan like yourself, you've certainly seen how a very good HC, and the QB's that play within that system can look pretty good. Hell, with excellent coaching and a great system you can even win super bowls with "system quarterbacks".

Off the top of my head 1982, 1987 and 1991 come to mind.

i am not sure colt mccoy is even a good system qb . he holds the ball way too long , cant stay healthy , takes too many sacks . he isnt more then a spot starter for a few games (sub for injury ) with little to no upside . the debate that colt can do what KC does doesnt have any merit at all to stand on and if we are forced to play him for any long length of time we will be a losing football team in my opinion .

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sure colt mccoy is even a good system qb . he holds the ball way too long , cant stay healthy , takes too many sacks . he isnt more then a spot starter for a few games (sub for injury ) with little to no upside . the debate that colt can do what KC does doesnt have any merit at all to stand on and if we are forced to play him for any long length of time we will be a losing football team in my opinion .

Some good points there dad, some I even agree with. Yes, he hold's the ball too long, takes too many sacks. But, my post is based solely on Colt's 2014 season under Jay's teaching and system. The debate that Colt can't do what KC can in Jay's system is just an opinion at this point. Based on the way Colt played in 2014 with the same players around him, it does have merit.

I think a bigger question might be, who is more important for the future success of the Redskins to be signed under a long term deal? KC or Gruden? I'm going with Jay.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good points there dad, some I even agree with. Yes, he hold's the ball too long, takes too many sacks. But, my post is based solely on Colt's 2014 season under Jay's teaching and system. The debate that Colt can't do what KC can in Jay's system is just an opinion at this point. Based on the way Colt played in 2014 with the same players around him, it does have merit.

I think a bigger question might be, who is more important for the future success of the Redskins to be signed under a long term deal? KC or Gruden? I'm going with Jay.

colt was a vet qb KC was virtually a rookie and his last 2 seasons make any comparisons mute

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colt was a vet qb KC was virtually a rookie and his last 2 seasons make any comparisons mute

That coaching Colt got from Mangini, and Shurmer his first 3 seasons in the NFL was no doubt HOF material.

C'mon dad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if colt mccoy was any kind of real option over KC at this point he would be taking snaps and KC woulda been gone plain and simple

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if colt mccoy was any kind of real option over KC at this point he would be taking snaps and KC woulda been gone plain and simple

IMO they are very close in skill set, but KC physically is a better NFL QB. Skins didn't draft a QB this year, not even a project with an NFL skill set. Why do you think that was? They were going to sign KC to a LTD?...based on your opinion that a LTD will happen, I would have to agree with you on that.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think kirk will get signed at the end of season we will know are draft pick proably 20-26 and if kirk sucks he lost shit load of money this is what kirk does not understand if he plays poorely all the money in the world will be lost he needs to sign on monday but like i said if we lose him no biggey kirk still has to perform

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they are very close in skill set, but KC physically is a better NFL QB. Skins didn't draft a QB this year, not even a project with an NFL skill set. Why do you think that was? They were going to sign KC to a LTD?...based on your opinion that a LTD will happen, I would have to agree with you on that.
the qb class wasnt very good . we already have a project in sudfeld .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think kirk will get signed at the end of season we will know are draft pick proably 20-26 and if kirk sucks he lost shit load of money this is what kirk does not understand if he plays poorely all the money in the world will be lost he needs to sign on monday but like i said if we lose him no biggey kirk still has to perform

1. I think Kirk understands all too well the implications here and he is totally willing to bet on himself again.
2. He hasnt sucked the past two years, so what makes you think it will happen now??
3. If he doesnt suck, he gets more expensive.
4. Unless you actually expect him to suck, it makes no sense to drag it out and pay him more.