• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams RB Tre Mason might be clinically insane

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just awful!!!...But its good to know that he has been found since he was "missing"... Once again, makes you wonder about the way some of these guys react to the repeated blows to the head while playing football...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just awful!!!...But its good to know that he has been found since he was "missing"... Once again, makes you wonder about the way some of these guys react to the repeated blows to the head while playing football...
My first impression here is this actually was around before football, period. Several mental problems as it turns out start popping up in the early 20's often times.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first impression here is this actually was around before football, period. Several mental problems as it turns out start popping up in the early 20's often times.

Agreed, that certainly is possible... No matter what it is, it's just AWFUL...Forget about his talent and that he is on a team I like, I NEVER like to see something like this for anyone!!!...

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially from Kam Chancellor :dhd:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to be scary for the Mom and quite sad to hear for him

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bipolar. I hope he gets help.....

This is very Uncommon for you with some of the posts i have seen you and your fellow pats squad make

:bolt:

:behindsofa:

but all seriousness

As a human. I'm glad to hear he in in a hospital and getting himself treated so he can make himself better and hopefully return to the NFL

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, I have a junkie family member who pretty much mirrored Mason's behaviour. He was diagnosed with some mental disorder(s) (he was fine before using drugs & alcohol), but it's funny how "mental disorders" invariably come to people who are into heavy substance abuse.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I have a junkie family member who pretty much mirrored Mason's behaviour. He was diagnosed with some mental disorder(s) (he was fine before using drugs & alcohol), but it's funny how "mental disorders" invariably come to people who are into heavy substance abuse.

I'm not a doctor of course but I think that the general theory there is that you're putting the cart before the horse, and that a lot of mentally ill people end up taking drugs in a ham fisted attempt to combat/deal with the thoughts, feelings and madness that start taking over their brains.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to hear this, hope he gets the help he needs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not a doctor of course but I think that the general theory there is that you're putting the cart before the horse, and that a lot of mentally ill people end up taking drugs in a ham fisted attempt to combat/deal with the thoughts, feelings and madness that start taking over their brains.

That is an absolute load of crap. You're completely disregarding the detrimental effects of drug abuse on the brain.

What you're suggesting is like saying, "A lot of people who are genetically disposed to having lung cancer end up smoking because their lungs feel funny, and the smoke is calming." :what:

People don't use drugs to combat feelings; they use drugs to get high and for social purposes. Especially millionaire football players. The dude's rich and into debauchery; it's not more complicated than that.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an absolute load of crap. You're completely disregarding the detrimental effects of drug abuse on the brain.

What you're suggesting is like saying, "A lot of people who are genetically disposed to having lung cancer end up smoking because their lungs feel funny, and the smoke is calming." :what:

People don't use drugs to combat feelings; they use drugs to get high and for social purposes. Especially millionaire football players. The dude's rich and into debauchery; it's not more complicated than that.

Who are you arguing with? Did you miss the part where I said that I was merely explaining what I understand their theory to be and that I am not a doctor?

But I will say that if you think that absolutely no one out there takes illegal mind altering substances attempting to make their brain "right" and/or kill bad feelings you are wrong. It's anecdotal, but I know multiple people personally who actively "self medicated" before being diagnosed, but their symptoms preceded their drug use. Hell, on the legal side have you ever been to a crappy bar? There are usually people there (mentally ill or otherwise) trying to "combat feelings" rather than partying.

But I do wish I had your confidence in being able to perfectly diagnose someone I've never even talked to, let alone met. It's like Dr. Drew, only without the medical school part.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like self-medication? I'm sure there's a good deal of that. Some also feel that some drugs may help trigger illness in those on the bubble too.