• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB thoughts

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottoming out might be the only thing that is a call to action for change. I do not see Philly, DAL, or NYG getting worse...I actually see them improving over the duration of the year.

Let's be honest, NFL coaches fantasize about having full control over a roster. However, few have the knowledge and strategy to actually pull it off. Leaving Snyder out of this, Rivera literally had no experience in handling a front office or building a roster. That is NOT his fault.

Snyder offered him the job with full roster control and he took it. Posters on here jumped up and down while I told them this was a mistake. 3 years later, we all can admit it was a mistake.

Rivera had no experience in scouting, drafting, contracts, etc. As such, he brought in "yes men" to do the jobs he could not. 3 years later, we see the full results of what he has done: no OLine, no cap room, a poor LB unit, a deplorable secondary, and a QB on his 3rd team in 3 seasons. Leaving Snyder out of this, what else needs to be said about Rivera? We basically took a below-average coach (3 winning seasons in 10 years) and gave him full control over an NFL roster. Again, why anyone thinks this is going to work out is beyond me. What evidence other than blind loyalty would lead a fan/poster to say "Yes, Rivera has us going in the right direction"?

I think many fans are tired of losing and will believe in anything at this point. The league laughs at WSH while fans/posters believe we will make the playoffs....geez! You can present a thousand facts, statistics, and historical information and NONE of it matters.
That's a strong take and most of that I agree with, but im just not ready to give up on the season. I just hope if we are gonna be bad this year, that we are really bad. Either make the playoffs or go 3-14. We have to get off the 8-9/9-8 hamster wheel at some point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards of the NFL

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn't that only complicate the problem?

It would be like a married couple having one last get away as they head for divorce. It just delays the inevitable while causing confusion. Either Rivera and his coaches are the future along with Wentz, or they aren't.

Hoovering around .500 simply confuses the situation. We have no future with Rivera and Wentz. We can keep going backwards as an organization or we should try to take a few steps forward. Rivera completely dismantled the OLine, and the next front office will have to pay through the nose to get it up to par. The secondary is also one of the worst in the league. Dan will need to have clear-cut evidence to get rid of Rivera. While I believe he has all he needs, I am not the owner.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This question is not for you Kbso, but I have yet to have one poster/fan give just one reason why Rivera should be retained. Questions that should be asked:

Is the team headed in the right direction?
As the team improved under Rivera?
.... and again I say why would you expect anything to change if you look back on the past 23 years?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... and again I say why would you expect anything to change if you look back on the past 23 years?
Because I am holding out that we find "the right guy". I believe Snyder will wise up at some point and hire either a GM or a GM/HC tandem like the rest of the league. If he doesn't, then I am forced to conclude that he purposely wants to lose and every single fan of this team should leave immediately. This isn't "Major League".

Rivera was never going to be the guy. When I brought up the fact that he had zero front office experience I was told "he will figure it out". Then I was told to "wait and see", and then I was told to "have more faith and stay positive"

Now which of those responses was an actual answer to my concerns?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I am holding out that we find "the right guy". I believe Snyder will wise up at some point and hire either a GM or a GM/HC tandem like the rest of the league. If he doesn't, then I am forced to conclude that he purposely wants to lose and every single fan of this team should leave immediately. This isn't "Major League".

Rivera was never going to be the guy. When I brought up the fact that he had zero front office experience I was told "he will figure it out". Then I was told to "wait and see", and then I was told to "have more faith and stay positive"

Now which of those responses was an actual answer to my concerns?
For your sake I am holding out hope it happens. I just don't see it happening. He has had guys that fit that bill and either ran them out of town or didn't recognize what he had. <fingers crossed>

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your sake I am holding out hope it happens. I just don't see it happening. He has had guys that fit that bill and either ran them out of town or didn't recognize what he had. <fingers crossed>
That is why I like the board. You, skinsdad and Breed always talk me off the ledge....LOL

I swear it is Animal House here. The Flounders and Pintos (me) are always being told to "cheer up" by the Blutos, Otters and Boons on the board (Skindad, you, and Breed)...LOL

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the season pinning your hopes on other NFL teams castoff at QB is pathetic. Stadium will look like a ghost town by Thanksgiving.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to stay out of non troll threads but, considering many of you agree I don't think this it trolling.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I like the board. You, skinsdad and Breed always talk me off the ledge....LOL

I swear it is Animal House here. The Flounders and Pintos (me) are always being told to "cheer up" by the Blutos, Otters and Boons on the board (Skindad, you, and Breed)...LOL
#FireRonRivera

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to stay out of non troll threads but, considering many of you agree I don't think this it trolling.

Well, it is not trolling if its the truth my friend.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, I believe Wentz has the talent to be a NFL Franchise QB. He just seems to make too many unforced errors.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y
Going into the season pinning your hopes on other NFL teams castoff at QB is pathetic. Stadium will look like a ghost town by Thanksgiving.
You've got to admit, when the fans rigged a temporary rescue net from an American flag to catch a cat as it fell from the upper deck roof, that was the high point of last season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Rivera gave his thoughts. When asked why the Redskins trail the rest of the east, he gave a one word answer. “Quarterback.”

Rivera then followed that up with no regrets about Wentz.

How can you have no regrets after blaming a guy you acquired for two picks and a boat-load of money?

This is why RR must be the next NFL coach to be fired. He is an idiot.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were smart I would find out about Howell , he could be the guy , and if not you draft qb
Sadly I don't know if this coaching staff can help and I hate to see him thrown into the fire too early. At the same time I wouldn't mind seeing him a bit before the season ends. Maybe just before that pick for Wentz turns into a 2nd.

Worst that can happen is you spent a 5th on a backup if you strike it rich in the draft next year.

RR's comment yesterday has to make you think why pick Chase if you needed a QB and of course they needed a QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I don't know if this coaching staff can help and I hate to see him thrown into the fire too early. At the same time I wouldn't mind seeing him a bit before the season ends. Maybe just before that pick for Wentz turns into a 2nd.

Worst that can happen is you spent a 5th on a backup if you strike it rich in the draft next year.

RR's comment yesterday has to make you think why pick Chase if you needed a QB and of course they needed a QB.
Herbert was right there and he has had the better career .

it’s a front offices job to correctly scout and if your scouting dept felt that Haskins was better then the college Herbert then you were as high as a GA pine .

it was clear haskins was urine

to compound things chase wasn’t playing anywhere near elite level. And you won’t get much out of him this year either

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert was right there and he has had the better career .

it’s a front offices job to correctly scout and if your scouting dept felt that Haskins was better then the college Herbert then you were as high as a GA pine .

it was clear haskins was urine

to compound things chase wasn’t playing anywhere near elite level. And you won’t get much out of him this year either
I never understood the Young pick. We had already drafted DLine with our first round pick 3 years in a row. I agree with drafting BPA available, but there was no need to literally have 4 consecutive draft picks on the DLine. This is what DET did in the early 2000's when they took 3 consecutive WRs. You either trade down or take the best player at a position of need. The team had the 2nd overall pick, as such, there were literally holes everywhere.

Furthermore, there were red flags with Young coming out.