• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB thoughts

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been thinking about the QB situation. I would start Wentz two more weeks to see if he can get them to 3-3 and just as importantly see how he and the team handle the pass rush. If he continues to get sacked at a high rate I would go to TH or Howell in hopes that they can reduce the sack rate with their mobility.

If I am remembering correctly we wondered last year how many sacks TH avoided by being able to move around. If you go to Heinicke you know you are getting close to a 1-1 TD to Int rate. He is a gamer but so limited. I would consider Howell because he is mobile and has a much stronger arm so it opens the play book more but not sure he is ready yet.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been thinking about the QB situation. I would start Wentz two more weeks to see if he can get them to 3-3 and just as importantly see how he and the team handle the pass rush. If he continues to get sacked at a high rate I would go to TH or Howell in hopes that they can reduce the sack rate with their mobility.

If I am remembering correctly we wondered last year how many sacks TH avoided by being able to move around. If you go to Heinicke you know you are getting close to a 1-1 TD to Int rate. He is a gamer but so limited. I would consider Howell because he is mobile and has a much stronger arm so it opens the play book more but not sure he is ready yet.
I agree. I would definitely give Wentz this week and next week. At the very least, by getting Wentz out of there if they are 1-5, you definitely save the 2nd rounder.

Let's say they lose to Tennessee, but beat Chicago. You are 2-4 and the season is most likely over, but can you really Bench Carson after a win with Chase coming back? That's a tough call.

If Wentz does get benched there is one thought of, let's see what we have in Howell. If the o-line is still a disaster, do you risk ruining Howell by putting a rookie behind that line.

Look what the Texans did to Carr. In a sense by the time the Colts fixed their line Andrew Luck had had enough.

Then there is Heinicke. If they go to Heinicke that is a bad bad look for Rivera. You punted on free agency because you had to pay Carson 28m. You cost us a 2nd and 3rd only to go back to the guy we already had on the roster before Halloween.

That's how you get yourself fired.

I'd probably stick with Wentz until he hits the 69% snap count mark. The only caveat is if the defense is playing lights out while Wentz is clearly struggling and I think we can make a run with Heinicke.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest this staff won’t bench wince unless he gets hurt

they are too slow to adapt and too prideful to change

truth us we could be 1-3 with falco , wince was brought in to get wins , so far he hasn’t

I said not going 2-0 was failure and right now we are looking at 1-4 and playoffs looking out of reach

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a stubborn group for sure. If the season is clearly over and Ron lets that 3 turn into a 2 out of stubborn pride, than I'll pack his shit for him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three losses are not all on Wentz, so I dont know why people want him benched right now. If we do lose to both Titans and Bears then we will probably hear of a QB change depending on how those losses panned out. We still have time until the 70% snaps that are played that make the pick a 2nd instead of a 3rd. IF we do make a change I would go to Howell and see what he has. There is no point in playing TH, I still think he is gone next year.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three losses are not all on Wentz, so I dont know why people want him benched right now. If we do lose to both Titans and Bears then we will probably hear of a QB change depending on how those losses panned out. We still have time until the 70% snaps that are played that make the pick a 2nd instead of a 3rd. IF we do make a change I would go to Howell and see what he has. There is no point in playing TH, I still think he is gone next year.
If they really bottom out this year I can see Ron convincing Dan that he can draft his Cam Newton this year in Bryce or CJ and get the ball rolling. I don't think Ron is going anywhere.

Part of me hopes they go ahead and bottom out. This is the year you want to be bad if you need a QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they really bottom out this year I can see Ron convincing Dan that he can draft his Cam Newton this year in Bryce or CJ and get the ball rolling. I don't think Ron is going anywhere.

Part of me hopes they go ahead and bottom out. This is the year you want to be bad if you need a QB.

I never route against my team. The season is still early. The biggest surprise to me this year is the oline play. Its been bad. I knew we would regress but its probably the worst in the league. The defense bustin coverage that leads to Td's every week doesn't help either. The Wentz haters want him benched of course, but it's still way too early for that. Im trying to keep positive.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never route against my team. The season is still early. The biggest surprise to me this year is the oline play. Its been bad. I knew we would regress but its probably the worst in the league. The defense bustin coverage that leads to Td's every week doesn't help either. The Wentz haters want him benched of course, but it's still way too early for that. Im trying to keep positive.
No, I don't actually root against them while the game is on. Thats impossible. Lol It's just when the game is over, like in the Chase Young/Giants game, you say to yourself......."This loss is going to help the long-term future of the club."

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't actually root against them while the game is on. Thats impossible. Lol It's just when the game is over, like in the Chase Young/Giants game, you say to yourself......."This loss is going to help the long-term future of the club."

Still way too early for that nonsense

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing to consider and I said the before the season started. Things might start out slow. Last year Wentz and Indy started out 1-4 then went 8-4 the rest of the way.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm banking on that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a wince hater, I am a wince trade hater . Gave up too much for a guy who would have been waived . And we aren’t any better record wise then we were with falco

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a wince hater, I am a wince trade hater . Gave up too much for a guy who would have been waived . And we aren’t any better record wise then we were with falco

Season is not over yet. Sure, we overpaid but it was for a QB. Lets hope we can turn it around

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is not over yet. Sure, we overpaid but it was for a QB. Lets hope we can turn it around
If we want to be honest with ourselves, we have to be 3-3 by next Thrusday night. I don't see the East sending three teams which means we have to catch and pass Dallas.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to be honest with ourselves, we have to be 3-3 by next Thrusday night. I don't see the East sending three teams which means we have to catch and pass Dallas.

I agree the next 2 games are crucial. If we can be 5-5 going into Houston, they will be some excitement. Beating Colts and Vikes and losing to Packers and Eagles. Even 4-6 makes an interesting run.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasons can change on a dime but I think we are already left sucking dust.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overpaid is not good business

After all the draft picks we gave up for a QB this is nothing. He was worth a 3rd., This year's pick was overkill. Never should have happened but it did. Ryan got a 3rd round pick, and he is old. So, whether it's a 2nd or 3rd in the 23 draft it not a huge deal. Yes, the contract hurts. No doubt about it but we can get rid of it next year. So, to sum up the future isnt compromised b/c we got Wentz.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the draft picks we gave up for a QB this is nothing. He was worth a 3rd., This year's pick was overkill. Never should have happened but it did. Ryan got a 3rd round pick, and he is old. So, whether it's a 2nd or 3rd in the 23 draft it not a huge deal. Yes, the contract hurts. No doubt about it but we can get rid of it next year. So, to sum up the future isnt compromised b/c we got Wentz.
Giving up 2 high draft picks for a one yr rental fail is bad business

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up 2 high draft picks for a one yr rental fail is bad business

we dont know if it's a one-year rental yet and a 3rd round pick is not high draft pick