• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB thoughts

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay is a coked up dumbass. Doesnt mean that he was wrong about wentz. Doesnt mean he was right either.

I bet you dollars to doughnuts that Andy Reid could make a winner out of wentz.

So far hes had one great game, one ok game, one terrible game, and one not good but not terrible game. That’s not worth two third rounders.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay is a coked up dumbass. Doesnt mean that he was wrong about wentz. Doesnt mean he was right either.

I bet you dollars to doughnuts that Andy Reid could make a winner out of wentz.

So far hes had one great game, one ok game, one terrible game, and one not good but not terrible game. That’s not worth two third rounders.
we took a lesser 2nd this past draft , we gave up a 3rd and stand to lose a 2nd for a long ball version of KC which several people on this board said wasnt good enough . falco isnt any better then wince but the team would still be 1-3 with him in there

i was sold we would get 11 wins , i dont see much more then 5 maybe

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we took a lesser 2nd this past draft , we gave up a 3rd and stand to lose a 2nd for a long ball version of KC which several people on this board said wasnt good enough . falco isnt any better then wince but the team would still be 1-3 with him in there

i was sold we would get 11 wins , i dont see much more then 5 maybe

hey we might not get 11 but we will get over 5 c'mon man. I think we dodged a major bullet with R. Wilson. Would have had to give up 3 1st round picks and players. Plus, to blame all 3 losses on Wentz is just foolish. The oline and defense is just bad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey we might not get 11 but we will get over 5 c'mon man. I think we dodged a major bullet with R. Wilson. Would have had to give up 3 1st round picks and players. Plus, to blame all 3 losses on Wentz is just foolish. The oline and defense is just bad.
you would put the blame on KC in a similar situation . this team the way its playing right now cant win more then 5 games

now since you have issues about wince , no one is blaming wince solely , the statement is we could have been 1-3 with falco as well

you have a hard time separating the player from disgust about the trade

it doesnt matter if wince is a " better " qb then falco if we are at the same place with falco in there now does it ?

this team needs 6 wins to equal last season . unless things change quickly the acquisition of wince would be hard to justify

again KC was expected to carry the team in your eyes and by that standard so should wince

KC was blamed soley for losses by you and by that standard you established so shall wince

now for me is wince the sole reason for the losses ? no but my argument is why give up valuable resources to be where we would have been with the flawed falco ?

i dont care about wilson . i would have bashed that trade as well . so why bring that up to me , my stance on that has been consistent and clear

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would put the blame on KC in a similar situation . this team the way its playing right now cant win more then 5 games

now since you have issues about wince , no one is blaming wince solely , the statement is we could have been 1-3 with falco as well

you have a hard time separating the player from disgust about the trade

it doesnt matter if wince is a " better " qb then falco if we are at the same place with falco in there now does it ?

this team needs 6 wins to equal last season . unless things change quickly the acquisition of wince would be hard to justify

again KC was expected to carry the team in your eyes and by that standard so should wince

KC was blamed soley for losses by you and by that standard you established so shall wince

now for me is wince the sole reason for the losses ? no but my argument is why give up valuable resources to be where we would have been with the flawed falco ?

i dont care about wilson . i would have bashed that trade as well . so why bring that up to me , my stance on that has been consistent and clear

Im bringing up Wilson b/c that was there #1 priority in the offseason. That would have been horrible. I dont know why you keep bring up KC. That shipped as sailed so get over it. RR and staff said a big hell no to TH this year. They would have done anything not to have TH the starter this year. The trade was made b/c TH is so bad and they didn't fall in love with anybody in the draft and thought they could win with Wentz this year b/c of his experience.

You can play Monday morning QB right now, but I understand why they acquired Wentz. Did we overpay? Yes, but the team didn't care about the extra 2nd or 3round pick b/c they hated the other options. Plus, the team is going to say we can get out of Wentz contract next year if Wentz fails. So, they took a chance. This was RR's plan in the offseason was to get a QB. He must think he has more time here b/c there is protection for the team if this fails and he has years remaining on his contract. I don't think Dan will fire RR if we win 8 or 9 games. I think Dan could fire RR if we are a under 6-win season. I thinkl RR has a longer leash than others expect. Just my opinion.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im bringing up Wilson b/c that was there #1 priority in the offseason. That would have been horrible. I dont know why you keep bring up KC. That shipped as sailed so get over it. RR and staff said a big hell no to TH this year. They would have done anything not to have TH the starter this year. The trade was made b/c TH is so bad and they didn't fall in love with anybody in the draft and thought they could win with Wentz this year b/c of his experience.

You can play Monday morning QB right now, but I understand why they acquired Wentz. Did we overpay? Yes, but the team didn't care about the extra 2nd or 3round pick b/c they hated the other options. Plus, the team is going to say we can get out of Wentz contract next year if Wentz fails. So, they took a chance. This was RR's plan in the offseason was to get a QB. He must think he has more time here b/c there is protection for the team if this fails and he has years remaining on his contract. I don't think Dan will fire RR if we win 8 or 9 games. I think Dan could fire RR if we are a under 6-win season. I thinkl RR has a longer leash than others expect. Just my opinion.
Dan is not firing anyone. Wentz once again showed his true colors. He is done here in DC. May as well start Howell after another loss to see if he is worth keeping around next year. The problem is we go QB hunting again with the wrong staff picking the QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan is not firing anyone. Wentz once again showed his true colors. He is done here in DC. May as well start Howell after another loss to see if he is worth keeping around next year. The problem is we go QB hunting again with the wrong staff picking the QB.

I agree, I don't think Dan wants to fire RR. It's still early. Let's see what happens these next 2 games

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3 with a mini bye heading into a home game with the Packers and the season is back on.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I don't think Dan wants to fire RR. It's still early. Let's see what happens these next 2 games
I'm talking at seasons end. RR should be gone because HIS product stinks after 3 years in office.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking at seasons end. RR should be gone because HIS product stinks after 3 years in office.

possibly but if we win 7-10 that wont happen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep bringing up KC to point out you don’t keep the same standards Dean

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possibly but if we win 7-10 that wont happen.
Ready for change. This staff stinks. The product stinks. Management stinks. Clean house and bring in an upstart, not some old recycled has been unless his name is Sean Payton.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If what you are saying is true then it’s stupid , you could have claimed wince off of waivers for nothing

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what you are saying is true then it’s stupid , you could have claimed wince off of waivers for nothing

you don't know if Wentz would have signed here if he went to waivers. He would have the option to choose whatever team he wanted. Not this again. Cmon. If Ryan was worth a 3rd so was Wentz. The 2023 pick was excessive.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't know if Wentz would have signed here if he went to waivers. He would have the option to choose whatever team he wanted. Not this again. Cmon. If Ryan was worth a 3rd so was Wentz. The 2023 pick was excessive.
Learn about waivers , then get back to me

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn about waivers , then get back to me

I understand a waiver claim could be put on him but the Colts could of just released him too. You dont know if would of gone to waviers

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I have said, our fanbase over-rates our own players. Nobody wanted Wentz. The league saw what Rivera refuses to see.

If we put Wentz on the block right now, how many calls would we get? If we simply asked for a 7th rounder, who would call? I think this tells us all we need to know about him.

Again, we are the only fanbase that sees upside or tolerates his poor play. His career completion % and high turnover rate have plagued him his entire career, as such, we can't blame the poor OLine in WSH for issues he has had thru his entire career. These are the facts and they cannot be disputed.

The fact that we are afraid of other players signing elsewhere via free agency is another strike against the organization and Rivera.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3 with a mini bye heading into a home game with the Packers and the season is back on.
But wouldn't that only complicate the problem?

It would be like a married couple having one last get away as they head for divorce. It just delays the inevitable while causing confusion. Either Rivera and his coaches are the future along with Wentz, or they aren't.

Hoovering around .500 simply confuses the situation. We have no future with Rivera and Wentz. We can keep going backwards as an organization or we should try to take a few steps forward. Rivera completely dismantled the OLine, and the next front office will have to pay through the nose to get it up to par. The secondary is also one of the worst in the league. Dan will need to have clear-cut evidence to get rid of Rivera. While I believe he has all he needs, I am not the owner.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This question is not for you Kbso, but I have yet to have one poster/fan give just one reason why Rivera should be retained. Questions that should be asked:

Is the team headed in the right direction?
As the team improved under Rivera?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated in another post that bottoming out might not be the worst thing for this team considering the QBs in this draft. It's just hard to have that complete mindset in October.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated in another post that bottoming out might not be the worst thing for this team considering the QBs in this draft. It's just hard to have that complete mindset in October.
Bottoming out might be the only thing that is a call to action for change. I do not see Philly, DAL, or NYG getting worse...I actually see them improving over the duration of the year.

Let's be honest, NFL coaches fantasize about having full control over a roster. However, few have the knowledge and strategy to actually pull it off. Leaving Snyder out of this, Rivera literally had no experience in handling a front office or building a roster. That is NOT his fault.

Snyder offered him the job with full roster control and he took it. Posters on here jumped up and down while I told them this was a mistake. 3 years later, we all can admit it was a mistake.

Rivera had no experience in scouting, drafting, contracts, etc. As such, he brought in "yes men" to do the jobs he could not. 3 years later, we see the full results of what he has done: no OLine, no cap room, a poor LB unit, a deplorable secondary, and a QB on his 3rd team in 3 seasons. Leaving Snyder out of this, what else needs to be said about Rivera? We basically took a below-average coach (3 winning seasons in 10 years) and gave him full control over an NFL roster. Again, why anyone thinks this is going to work out is beyond me. What evidence other than blind loyalty would lead a fan/poster to say "Yes, Rivera has us going in the right direction"?

I think many fans are tired of losing and will believe in anything at this point. The league laughs at WSH while fans/posters believe we will make the playoffs....geez! You can present a thousand facts, statistics, and historical information and NONE of it matters.