• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects to Watch

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really just a fan :)
Some guys I catch early (highschool), others it's when they're drafted. International signings I love to follow!! Generally I'm not looking at more than 2-300 guys in a year. Some fall off my list, others go on as I hear of them.
Out of 1000s of minors, I really have limited knowledge.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really just a fan :)
Some guys I catch early (highschool), others it's when they're drafted. International signings I love to follow!! Generally I'm not looking at more than 2-300 guys in a year. Some fall off my list, others go on as I hear of them.
Out of 1000s of minors, I really have limited knowledge.

Have you heard of Dillon Maples? He was drafted out of high school by the Cubs in the 2011 draft.

Also, even if you only look at 200 guys a year, its still very impressive.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillon Maples fits the profile for this thread for sure. Now likely rostered in leagues with less than 150-200 minors (unless there's a die-hard Cubbie fan) He's got a high enough upside, that he warrants paying attention to.
I already wrote up a Cubs' prospect, but I'll do him next. Might be a few days, I'm working on power rankings for my home league and I'm so slow at it, because there are some sensitive guys who I need to write their less than glowing reports delicately :)
ps...Anyone see Simmons' two jacks tonight? :P

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, what's up with this kid Ozuna? He just keepin' a seat warm for Yelich? 'Cuz you just know Stanton's on another team by the All Star break.

He's doing his best to prove me wrong. I nabbed him in one league even.
I still think he needs another full year in the minors, but hard to argue with how he's playing. The skills are there. Not to compare, but I think of Avisail Garcia who is a monster too, who could one day put up excellent numbers, or if he can't fix the discipline issues, may just never produce at all. I just wish they'd let him develop since they have no reason not to.
As far as Stanton, I hope they trade him...he deserves better.
BUT REALLY..... WHO STILL THINKS TORONTO RIPPED THEM OFF? :)

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillon Maples fits the profile for this thread for sure. Now likely rostered in leagues with less than 150-200 minors (unless there's a die-hard Cubbie fan) He's got a high enough upside, that he warrants paying attention to.
I already wrote up a Cubs' prospect, but I'll do him next. Might be a few days, I'm working on power rankings for my home league and I'm so slow at it, because there are some sensitive guys who I need to write their less than glowing reports delicately :)
ps...Anyone see Simmons' two jacks tonight? :P

Sounds good, don't worry about getting to it anytime soon. I just grew up with him and don't really know what how these injuries are affecting his future.

Maybe I can get into one of these leagues in the future, it sounds pretty interesting but im not sure i have the time for it

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's doing his best to prove me wrong. I nabbed him in one league even.
I still think he needs another full year in the minors, but hard to argue with how he's playing. The skills are there. Not to compare, but I think of Avisail Garcia who is a monster too, who could one day put up excellent numbers, or if he can't fix the discipline issues, may just never produce at all. I just wish they'd let him develop since they have no reason not to.
As far as Stanton, I hope they trade him...he deserves better.
BUT REALLY..... WHO STILL THINKS TORONTO RIPPED THEM OFF? :)

Ironic that the Marlins are a team that bears watching...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic that the Marlins are a team that bears watching...

Well, their farm system does anyway. And, they should be, just like any Org. that shipped away MLB talent recently for prosepcts in return.

Now, is there really any chance that they will mine these guys and turn them into Miami Marlins?

:scratch:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, their farm system does anyway. And, they should be, just like any Org. that shipped away MLB talent recently for prosepcts in return.

Now, is there really any chance that they will mine these guys and turn them into Miami Marlins?

:scratch:

Sure they will, until they become cost prohibitive. Then it's off to greener pastures...:wave:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bogaerts ever gets busted for weed, people might start saying....

Wait for it...

"Don't Bogaerts that joint!" :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Yes, I am easily amused. :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bogaerts ever gets busted for weed, people might start saying....

Wait for it...

"Don't Bogaerts that joint!" :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Yes, I am easily amused. :)

Don't bogart that joint, my friend
Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

Roll another one
Just like the other one
You've been hangin on to it
And I sure would like a hit

Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

Rolllllllllllllllll another one
Just like the other one
That one's just about burned to the end
So come on and be a real friend

Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

Everybody sing along this time

Pass it over to me
Pass it over to me

:hippie:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are easily amused. I, on the other hand, am quickly bored. So much so, that I am trying to come up with a descriptive word or phrase to describe the feeling, as I know I am beyond being bored out of my skull, but not bored to death, as I can see and feely myself typing now..........

Only 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days more of working at this God foresaken place.....

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by boredoutofmymind
What would you give up to get Wacha in a 12 team Dynasty league?

What are the options?
I like Wacha, but I think his stuff is tick below that of both Rosenthal and C.Martinez. (I still say DAMN in my head when I think of the Cardinals' system)
He gains on them in that he is more likely to remain a starter. I'm not a big buyer of arms, but he's close enough to the show that I'd be interested. He's likely a 200ip guy..he's got a workhorse frame for sure. I don't think he's an ace, but I only thought Harvey would be a #2 :) There's likely 10-15 arms I like better, but when you factor in proximity he's valuable.
If you give me a couple guys you might be looking to shop I can try to help. Also, are you in serious contention? I don't care an awful lot about your positional needs. ie, If I have great SS coming up from my minors, then I worry about freeing a roster spot for him. I don't go looking for a future 2B because I have Uggla in other words.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the options?
I like Wacha, but I think his stuff is tick below that of both Rosenthal and C.Martinez. (I still say DAMN in my head when I think of the Cardinals' system)
He gains on them in that he is more likely to remain a starter. I'm not a big buyer of arms, but he's close enough to the show that I'd be interested. He's likely a 200ip guy..he's got a workhorse frame for sure. I don't think he's an ace, but I only thought Harvey would be a #2 :) There's likely 10-15 arms I like better, but when you factor in proximity he's valuable.
If you give me a couple guys you might be looking to shop I can try to help. Also, are you in serious contention? I don't care an awful lot about your positional needs. ie, If I have great SS coming up from my minors, then I worry about freeing a roster spot for him. I don't go looking for a future 2B because I have Uggla in other words.

Well the guy wants to swap him for a guy playing in the MLB. He didnt really give me an idea of what he wanted either hitter or pitcher but maybe you can help me atleast send an offer to get things going. My current prospects are Biddle, Skaggs, Rondon (who I was tempted to drop for the guy who took over closer in BOS). Buck, Reddick, Rondon, Biddle, Garcia, Santana, Villanueva are the only guys I could see myself giving up for him and even the 3 SP kinda are not a good offer imo.

They do have quite the group of young pitchers, don't they? :thumb:

Indeed. I am a big Cardinals fan (live less than 25mins from STL) and I am very excited about their team.