• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects to Watch

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel Sano is a personal favorite of mine, I'd like to hear what you have to say about him.

I had in my top 10 overall preseason. I can't think of an argument for him not to be at least considered #1 overall at this point. (I might not give it to him but he'd be in one of the 4 or 5 guys I'd start with)
He's a monster.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but a heads-up that it looks like the Giants will be calling up Francisco Peguero.

Thanks calsnowskier. I wouldn't be surprised to see some value from Peguero. There's tools galore, especially on defense. The problems I see are: A) a 5-1 K/BB ratio is brutal!! and B) he's just about 25
I don't know that his bat has caught up to his tools, but I think he's exposed as well. Playing vs lefties might be a great way to get him going.
From everything I've seen though the prospects most likely to succeed have a solid BB/K rate and are generally young relative to their league. Sometimes the k/bb rate takes time ala Javier Baez, but Peguera at 25 isn`t going to improve vs big league arms. I wish him well though...as I said (or at least meant to imply) he could be a good asset for the Giants irregardless of his fantasy contributions.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do u know about Luis Sanchez SS with the Jays? Cant find much info

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do u know about Luis Sanchez SS with the Jays? Cant find much info

I can't say I know who he is and can't seem to find any info for him (which is odd). Is that the correct spelling for his name (I have to ask because you spelled Straily & Medlen wrong in the other post)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I collapsed from exhaustion searching too.
I think he left baseball in 2010.
Now Aaron Sanchez has top of rotation stuff, but Luis did play in Toronto's system too.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I collapsed from exhaustion searching too.
I think he left baseball in 2010.
Now Aaron Sanchez has top of rotation stuff, but Luis did play in Toronto's system too.

Ok i inherited him from a team i took over and couldnt find nothing on him so i guess can just drop Luis Sanchez

yes i am not a good speller but i copied and pasted his name:suds:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised the previous owner is no longer around lol

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah::gaah::gaah:

O.k. I will be the jerk, as it seems to come natural.

How can you have a guy on a fantasy team that is not even in baseball anymore?? Pay attention man!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Avisail Garcia? Det seems to be very excited about him as well as I am. I have been thinking of picking him up lately. What do you guys think of him? An under valued prospect?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Garcia will be a fine MLB player, a likely 20/80/.280 with 20 steals guy.

Eventually.

He is only 21 now, so I think he will not be fully "ready for prime time" for another 2 years. If you are in a keeper league, he is fine to stash and wait.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the Sanchez I found but I dismissed him as he left baseball in 2010.
Since Sanchez is a common last name, I thought maybe it was someone with the same last name and similar first name.

Just as i need to remind myself that not everybody checks on their fantasy team and players 50-100 times a day like I do.

Different strokes.........

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falls on the commish too. I'd never keep an owner around who carried Luis Sanchez. After a couple emails saying "ummmmm...wtf???" I'd have to just replace him lol (laughing, but serious!!) Why have a league that's not active and competitive??

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah::gaah::gaah:

O.k. I will be the jerk, as it seems to come natural.

How can you have a guy on a fantasy team that is not even in baseball anymore?? Pay attention man!

He was not an active player each team has 15 minors that u can use in the future I have never been in a keeper league before so i figured id give it a shot
looks like i got alot to learn

so far so good im 6-2 its h2h pts 10 team but u play 2 other teams every week

only player im not happy with is hamilton but morse was my last pick :suds:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I meant no criticism to you!!
But welcome to a whole new world of fantasy baseball enjoyment. And thanks for bringing us along for the ride :)
If you want to send a list of your minors, I'm sure some here can give you some input. 180 rostered minors is a great number, but maybe there's some high end guys out there worth gambling on. It'll be hard for us to start listing guys... ie, is DePaulo gone? Etc. But maybe we can share some good resources and recommend guys to drop :)
Anyway, that's how we roll :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not an active player each team has 15 minors that u can use in the future I have never been in a keeper league before so i figured id give it a shot
looks like i got alot to learn

so far so good im 6-2 its h2h pts 10 team but u play 2 other teams every week

only player im not happy with is hamilton but morse was my last pick :suds:

Or, it could just be that you have a normal, regular life that tends to take up a lot of time.

Lucky for me, I don't really have that problem.........

:yahoo:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I meant no criticism to you!!
But welcome to a whole new world of fantasy baseball enjoyment. And thanks for bringing us along for the ride :)
If you want to send a list of your minors, I'm sure some here can give you some input. 180 rostered minors is a great number, but maybe there's some high end guys out there worth gambling on. It'll be hard for us to start listing guys... ie, is DePaulo gone? Etc. But maybe we can share some good resources and recommend guys to drop :)
Anyway, that's how we roll :)

...and I never thought about helping..... DOH!!!!! :lame:

You seem to be the "go to" guy for guys in the minors Phil, with the Right Reverend close behind.

From what I have seen, I hope the Iceman takes you up on this, as i'll bet that you could help him shore up the end or last few spots on that minor league bench.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who I need to know in the minors, that's good enough for me.
Philabuster is the official resident expert.