• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects to Watch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you add Zunino or Federowicz? Both are FA in my league but I still have 3 catchers as it is. Santana, Rosario, Buck.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye but do I drop Buck or should I add him and lose my streamer spot. I have 3 UTIL spots. I have Rosario/Buck/Gomez/Moustakas/Rollins between the 3 UTIL.

I would drop Buck. The average has been dropping back to his normal below average self and the power will follow. I don't see him hitting more than 10 more for the rest of the year and with his normal BA, that's not a catcher I would want (especially if I have 2 good owes already). You got good use out of him, time to let him go.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based upon his number the previous 5 years, I wouldn't go getting all gushy over him just yet. Granted he's been impressive so far but it's only been 6 games, and it's gonna take more than 6 games for me to overlook how mediocre he's done until this year.
Stolmy Pimentel Baseball Statistics (2008-2013)

Thanks, I haven't kept up with him at all. I looked him up when I saw Fed. got called up because it made me think of him.

He had a terrible outing tonight. 4.1 IP, 5 BB, 6 ER

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you give up to get Wacha in a 12 team Dynasty league?

Jmho... if you're a big Wacha fan, no one is going to fault you. Just explore the WW if league allows minors' adds. I'm certain with that few gone, you'd find a top 25 guy in there somewhere.

Would you add Zunino or Federowicz? Both are FA in my league

Zunino is a top 25 and is a better prospect than Wacha.

(Unless you're talking about 2 different leagues)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for Peguero. In the back of my mind I knew Bochy would hang him out to dry, but I took a flyer anyway. I should have known, Greg Blanco is too valuable to not be in the lineup...especially batting 6th, just where he belongs, not like he's a back up lead off hitter or anything!

Bochy is determined to stall Peguero's development just like Belt's.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a prospect, but...

With Brandon Snyder on fire in Pawtucket, and Middlebrooks under the Mendoza line, any chance the Red Sox shorten the leash? He's probably a better option than Gomes and Carp at the very least?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino is a top 25 and is a better prospect than Wacha.

(Unless you're talking about 2 different leagues)

I understand he is a top 25 prospect but I already have Rosario, Santana, Buck and SP is very hard to get a hold of in our league.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have a top 25 prospect and my 2nd pick of draft than a top 40 prospect irregardless of positional needs.
Fill your minors with the best talent you can. Let the chips fall where they may.
That's my belief anyway.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont have a seperate roster for minors. It is our bench that minors go into. I already have Gibson, Biddle, Skaggs.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point.
But I still don't see paying that much for a prospect when they are so abundant.
Jmo.... like I said, no one will blame you if you did. (I'm curious who else might be out there)

ps I don't think you're going to get a lot of value out of holding Gibson. He beat up my Mudhens but they can't hit :(

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point.
But I still don't see paying that much for a prospect when they are so abundant.
Jmo.... like I said, no one will blame you if you did. (I'm curious who else might be out there)

ps I don't think you're going to get a lot of value out of holding Gibson. He beat up my Mudhens but they can't hit :(

So are your saying Gibson is probably my worst prospect? I only added cause I was hoping he would get called up and get me some help this year, lol.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are your saying Gibson is probably my worst prospect? I only added cause I was hoping he would get called up and get me some help this year, lol.

Gibson, Biddle & Skaggs are all nice prospects, but in a league that doesn't have a minor league roster, and considering the fact of all the unnamed players or lower prospects that get called up each year, I don't see a point carrying 3 rookie pitchers.
Take Tony Cingrani for instance. He wasn't ranked high like some of the other big name guys that everyone was talking about when the season started, and yet here he is. Fernandez from the Marlins wasn't supposed to be up yet and here he is throwing K's.

Now granted I'm a little bias towards rookie pitchers, but every year some of the lesser names buried behind the big names get called up and can help you just as much or more than the big name prospects sitting on your bench. It's nice to have one big name potential pitcher, but having 3 is wasting space.

If I were you, and if they are available, I would trade any of those pitchers for the following hitters (basically in order to how I view them)
Oscar taveras
Christian Yelich
Miguel Sano (won't be up until next year-September at the earliest, but someone to jump on)
Wil Myers (expect growing pains but long term winner)
Jurickson Profar (just waiting for a position)
Mike Zunino (waiting for Montero to completely fall off the cliff)
Gerrit Cole (yes he's a pitcher but I'd take him over Biddle or Skaggs)
Nick Franklin or Kolten Wong (possible help for MI but they could need a year or two to show their skills)
George Springer (I'm a fan but he does hit in the California league so he's a risk)

I'm sure Philabuster will agree with most of the names (maybe not the order)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm agreeing 100% with Rev
I don't think you're getting any of those hitters for those arms though. (maybe Franklin/Wong who I'm not quite as high on)
My thought is "why pay for what you can get for free"
If I had a 28 man roster in a dynasty league, I'd sure use 4 spots for the best prospects I can find, and try to win with 24. Especially with keeping 24 guys, you want to have the best prospects.
I do disagree with the order: but absolutely Jim is correct.

Here's my favourite prospects: (I'll put an order up sometime soon as it is always evolving and this is just a quick reply forum)

Javier Baez
Miguel Sano
Anthony Rendon
Wil Myers
Zack Wheeler
Carlos Correa
Addison Russell
Byron Buxton
Gerrit Cole
Jurickson Profar
Yasiel Puig
Jorge Soler
Taijuan Walker
Christian Yelich
Francisco Lindor
Xander Bogaerts
Oscar Taveras
Billy Hamilton
Dylan Bundy
Adalberto Mondesi

Mike Zunino
Jameson Taillon
Lucas Gioloto
Max Fried
Archie Bradley
Aaron Sanchez
Delino Deshields
Robert Stephenson
Kevin Gausman

Wacha and Skaggs might round out the second tier imo.
Definitely if anyone from first tier available, they need to be rostered.

**NOTE** not in any order and a work in progress...I'm more than happy to post an order at some point, just takes a lot of effort.
Bogaerts/Sano/Taveras/Profar would be my battle for #1 with Wheeler and Walker likely the best arms.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some players on your list I like, but my list was basically guys who are not only high level prospects, but also guys who should be up and could help him this year.
With no minor league system some of those A and AA guys can sit there safely IMO.
I like Rendon but unless they trade Zimmerman or he moves to first and they trade LaRoche, he's not going to provide much value this year and probably not until the middle of next year.

I think you need to narrow your thinking from your deep minor league roster to a more conventional list for the average league.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than half of my guys listed will be up before Sano.
To me, why waste spots on guys that "might" come up, but in all likelihood won't be better than what's available in the FA pool? Just don't roster any minors then!!
I want stars on my team.
I rostered Harper a full 18 months BEFORE the Nats drafted him. I know most leagues don't allow highschool drafting, but my point is the same: if you're going to use 4 spots for minors that you can keep forever, make those spots worthwhile :)

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got offered this

Mike Olt and Slade Heathcott for
Roberto Osuna.

1st offer was just olt for osuna I read osuna may need TJ but is only 18

10 team league with 15 minors per team It also favors pitching scoring wise (Pts)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of either bats, but I think I'd gamble that Olt's eye problems can be corrected easier than the TJ candidate.
Osuna definitely has highest upside of the 3 though....but riskiest.
Cool trade offer... pretty reasonable imho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye most of these guys I can't wait for. As I said before we do not have a minors system so they would be taking up spots for way too long.