• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects to Watch

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just couldn't figure out who to drop
As is my dilemma also. I'd like to keep him stashed in my keeper leagues, but don't have quite the room for him. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to grab him too Chef, just couldn't figure out who to drop haha. Sucks when your bench is full of man-crushes hahaha.

Yeah, i'm in the same boat with Arenado, Yelich, Wacha and now Myers. This is a new strategy for me...if it were a keeper league, I guess i'd be pretty happy. :)

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i'm in the same boat with Arenado, Yelich, Wacha and now Myers. This is a new strategy for me...if it were a keeper league, I guess i'd be pretty happy. :)

Think of it as practice for the keeper league next year.:suds:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd you guess? :yahoo:
I have my sources.
th

Mecca lecca hi, mecca hiney ho

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, trading Myers for Franklin does not make me crazy. I have (in my mind) some good reasons for doing it. The only thing I wonder is if Philabuster would've traded Segura for him...:scratch:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldn't have traded Segura :)

Segura a tough one...I'm trying to deal him in a dynasty. I have him for $4 this year on a 5yr deal (+$1 each yr) I'm looking for a king's ransom (12 tm and we play a MI)
So far, no dice. I don't think anyone trusts that he's a top 5 SS now and ongoing. (not sure I trust it either)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have had more reservation with the deal had I known Ackley (another Seattle bust) would be demoted. That 2B/SS eligibility going to be huge imo down the road.
It's starting to look like Taveras should've been my odd man out. His ankle issue seems bigger than they're letting on.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldn't have traded Segura :)

Segura a tough one...I'm trying to deal him in a dynasty. I have him for $4 this year on a 5yr deal (+$1 each yr) I'm looking for a king's ransom (12 tm and we play a MI)
So far, no dice. I don't think anyone trusts that he's a top 5 SS now and ongoing. (not sure I trust it either)

Ok, that makes me feel better. I do like Segura and thought about proposing a multi-player deal, but i'm at the point where I just don't want to mess with the core of my team. This way I get a MI with potential and you get Myers. Now, if Kinsler and Price come around, things will be looking up. :)

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i'm in the same boat with Arenado, Yelich, Wacha and now Myers. This is a new strategy for me...if it were a keeper league, I guess i'd be pretty happy.

Chef- If this was a keeper league you wouldn't have all those guys. Top prospects would be valued higher and spread thinner.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef- If this was a keeper league you wouldn't have all those guys. Top prospects would be valued higher and spread thinner.

That's why I would be pretty happy! In any event, i'll be finding out next year...gonna be fun. :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it Fozzie Bear of the Muppets that like to say this a lot? My memory of such things is rather poor but,.........Wacha, Wacha, Wacha.

The Cardinals announced today they will promote righty Michael Wacha to start Thursday against the Royals, tweets Danny Knobler of CBS Sports and others. The Cards had scratched Wacha from his Monday start in anticipation of the possibility of having him start Thursday in place of the injured John Gast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost is the shuffle (because Wacha really is big news) is that Carlos Martinez was sent back to build his pitch counts back up.
The Cards are awesome! All the injuries and they just keep filling holes from within. Even more incredible when you consider Taveras likely best bat in minors too.
I'll try to do a post on Wacha before Thursday unless someone else wants to :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it Fozzie Bear of the Muppets that like to say this a lot? My memory of such things is rather poor but,.........Wacha, Wacha, Wacha.

Wacha Wacha Wacha! I love it. I think it was Fozzie Bear, but Brian Griffin put it to good use in "Family Guy". :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler out for another month? Here's hoping Franklin can break The Curse of the Mariners...or is it The Curse of Safeco? :hope:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLB.com

In scouting, it is wise to evaluate the quality of a pitcher's arm and mechanics, as opposed to evaluating counting statistics like wins and losses.
San Francisco Giants right-handed pitching prospect Heath Hembree has the type of quality arm worthy of serious consideration. However, lately this season, his statistical results contradict his upside.
I first saw Hembree pitch in the 2012 Arizona Fall League. He was recovering from a strained flexor tendon he suffered during his season in Triple-A Fresno.
The Arizona Fall League is a tough place for pitchers. Hitters are locked in as the air is light and the ball flies. Pitchers are tired. But Hembree threw well; he recorded nine very solid innings, pitching to a 3.00 ERA. He was 2-for-2 in saves and struck out 12.
The Giants have identified Hembree as a potential back-of-the-bullpen pitcher, and MLB.com has ranked him as the fifth-best prospect in the Giants organization.
At 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds, the 24-year-old Hembree is a big, strong presence on the mound. He has a combination of velocity and pitch repertoire that make him intriguing.
Hembree has little trouble bringing the fastball between 93 and 96 mph. If needed, he can increase that velocity to three digits. However, he has his mechanics, and that may help him from overthrowing.
Hembree's secondary pitches include a mid-80s slider and an occasional change-up that remains a work in progress. The fastball is his bread and butter.
Selected by San Francisco in the fifth round of the 2010 First Year Player Draft out of the College of Charleston, Hembree has pitched at every level of the Giants organization.
Now, in only his fourth season, Hembree has thrown 138 innings of Minor League baseball. His issue has been yielding bases on balls -- too many of them, to be sure. Hembree has walked 56, or almost four per game. He must improve his wildness to continue his path to the Major League roster.
This season was rolling along nicely for Hembree, until his two most recent outings. He had a couple of rough patches along the way, but his June 17th appearance against Salt Lake City at home -- at Triple-A Fresno -- was the first of two consecutive tough games. He only threw one-third of an inning, giving up three hits, five earned runs and two walks. Was it a bad day or a bad sign?
In his most recent appearance, the trouble continued. He threw one inning, giving up two hits and three earned runs.
It is imperative to mention that the Pacific Coast League is very hitter friendly. Wind and overall weather conditions are tough on pitchers.
Based upon what I have seen of Hembree -- if he is healthy -- his arm strength is a tremendous asset. I believe he will find his command and be an eventual presence in the Giants' bullpen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giavotella and Brad Miller up. Either a descent grab? 12 team h2h dynasty league.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giavotella and Brad Miller up. Either a descent grab? 12 team h2h dynasty league

Yep. both. Miller first imho