• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects to Watch

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now, my 6 keeper probabilities are:

Phillips (2b)
Gomez (CF)
Bogaerts (SS, 3b?)
Springer (CF) (league doesn't penalize K's)
Eaton (LF,CF)
Leonys Martin (LF,CF,RF)
D'Arnaud (C)
Wheeler (SP)
Walker (SP) (just picked him up)
Alex Wood (SP,RP)

I think Bogaerts, Walker and Wheeler are your sure things.
I think you have to keep Phillips .... it'll be tough to replace that 2B production. Since your last mention of this, another 2B prospect has moved to OF (Deshields) It's just such a black hole that it'd be tough to throw back a top 5 producer. If you could trade him, even better though. I like your plan.
After those 4 it gets interesting. I can't see keeping 2 CF, so I might pick one and keep d'Arnaud.
I wonder if your Harvey owner is having second thoughts about keeping him? 6 keepers is low to have one of them off for a year and likely unproductive for 16 months. He'd fit your rebuild nicely.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, Wood is intriguing indeed.
I might just keep him over both CFs ....I'd at least entertain that possibility :)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addison Russell bumped up 2 levels to AAA today. He's 19.
He's going to be special. Might even be called up late 2014 as a 20 year old.
I was obviously wrong about his eta. That's a big jump though. wow

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody hear anything on Springer? Been waiting on him in my $ league, but with Marte DL'ed, Dom Brown sitting and now an apparent Craig injury, I am not sure how long I can hold on for.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oklahoma club plays a best of 5 series starting tonight for the conference finals.
Depending on whether they advance, they could play another 5 game series for PCL champion.
I believe there's another round after that for AAA title.

Seems to me that they're letting him help his team in the playoffs

Here's a link to his team's homepage to keep updated. Shitty situation to try to know what's coming. They could just shut him down if they play another 8-10 games too.
My guess is if they lose quick, he'll be up. (but just a guess)

The Official Site of The Oklahoma City RedHawks | okcredhawks.com Homepage

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I can wait for a guy who might not come up. Tough call.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I can wait for a guy who might not come up. Tough call.

Everything I read says Springer will not be up this year. I think it's safe to drop him in redraft leagues.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do the Cubs plan on doing with there infield? Would Baez come in to 3rd base, ala Machado? (assuming Castro sticks around in Chicago and becomes relevant again)

I live in chicago and i heard all kinds of different options......castro has really pissed management off with his lackadazical play.....ive heard castro at 2B or 3B.....ive heard castro traded.....ive heard baez at 2B and 3B also......i think castro will be the odd man out since the cubs have a couple of 3B in the minors......baez looks to be the real deal though..

Cubs got alot of nice young talent....seen almora play a few times....soler is good too

Being a tiger fan, i dont get happy over prospects.....id rather trade prospects for proven players......how many cant miss prospects miss? I remember when cameron maybin was sposed to be the man......im glad we turned him and andrew miller into miggy......just like castellanos now......id rather trade him for a proven LF. i dont want to take 10 yrs like kc hoping for all our prospects to finally just get us into the playoffs. Then if they do get good......they end up going to a big market team like the yanks once theyre a FA.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the twins got 5 guys on the list....bright future if they pan out.....

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder where Abreu will be drafted next year in leagues. He signed with the White Sox last night. Also I love Smith as a Mets fan, but he is years away. Nice to see how highly they rank him though.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!
I bet Abreu goes round 5-6. (top 60-75)
Going to depend how hype machine plays out, but Cellular sure won't hurt his value!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacha Wacha Wow, Wacha Wow, Wacha Wow!

As a Reds fan, I'm not looking forward to the next decade of facing Cardinals pitching... and sticks.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacha Wacha Wow, Wacha Wow, Wacha Wow!

As a Reds fan, I'm not looking forward to the next decade of facing Cardinals pitching... and sticks.

I'm in a keeper league where I just won but have Kershaw and Price on expiring contracts... was thinking next year was going to be a step back but if what we've seen from Wacha continues I may still have enough pitching to compete. Pretty excited if that's the case.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a dynasty trade questions:

I have the 1st MiLB pick this year which most seem to think is Kris Bryant, but still early and not sold on him since he is Chris Davis before the break out esque.

But just got offered that pick and G. Stanton. For Xander Bogarts and Carlos Correia.

Not sure if I can give up Stanton as one of the true power bats in the league and an impending move to a non piece of shit team.

He also isn't going to hit .202 on the road next year.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably a more reasonable offer than at first glance.
I really like Bogaerts, but not at the cost of Stanton. (once Bogaerts does what he SHOULD do, that may not seem that unreasonable....but it shouldn't cost that much yet) I like Correa, but with the first pick, you can get near that value (esp if Bryant is fall-back option) Maybe Tanaka will be available, Rodon if you league rules allow) Heck, Abreu an option?
I think I'd stand pat. Bogaerts+Correa could end up being the 2 best SS in the game before too long, but you can do well with that pick...and there are a lot of very good SS prospects out there.