• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Project your team's lineup out of camp

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pens fan, I think we'll look something like this,

L1: Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Pascal Dupuis
L2: James Neal - Evgeni Malkin - Beau Bennett
L3: Craig Adams - Brandon Sutter - Tanner Glass
L4: Joe Vitale - Jussi Jokinen - Matt D'Agostini
Reserve: Dustin Jeffrey

D1: Kris Letang - Rob Scuderi
D2: Paul Martin - Brooks Orpik
D3: Simon Despres - Deryk Engelland
Reserve: Robert Bortuzzo

G1: Marc-Andre Fleury
G2: Tomas Vokoun

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Night:

Dubinsky - Anisimov - Gaborik
Foligno - Johansen - Umberger (Who will be relegated to smaller role when Horton is ready)
Atkinson - Letestu - Calvert
Boll - Jenner - Comeau

Spares: Umberger (Eventually), Collins, Skille. I expect Rychel to get a look, but will spend the year in the A trying to get chemistry with Wennberg and Audy-Marchessault (next year's third line - three years from now; first line)

Johnson - Murray
Nikitin - Tyutin
Wisniewski - Erixon/Prout (depending on if they need speed or grit)

Spares: Golubef, Savard

Goal:
Bob
Tabasco

I feel very good about this coming year. That should not be an easy lineup to play against.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Night:

Dubinsky - Anisimov - Gaborik
Foligno - Johansen - Umberger (Who will be relegated to smaller role when Horton is ready)
Atkinson - Letestu - Calvert
Boll - Jenner - Comeau

Spares: Umberger (Eventually), Collins, Skille. I expect Rychel to get a look, but will spend the year in the A trying to get chemistry with Wennberg and Audy-Marchessault (next year's third line - three years from now; first line)

Johnson - Murray
Nikitin - Tyutin
Wisniewski - Erixon/Prout (depending on if they need speed or grit)

Spares: Golubef, Savard

Goal:
Bob
Tabasco

I feel very good about this coming year. That should not be an easy lineup to play against.

That's actually a pretty good roster. Really impressed by the depth at the blue line.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
McGinn-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo
Rosehill

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Gustafsson
Grossmann-Streit
Meszaros

Mason
Emery

If anyone wants to buy low on a solid top 4 defenseman when healthy, Meszaros can be had for futures. Gagne still might be signed, but I am starting to doubt it. Scott Laughton is a wild card, but I am kind of pulling for him to have another year in the OHL. Also, Michael Raffl could impress in camp. I am not counting on it, but he would be welcome on the third line.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
McGinn-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo
Rosehill

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Gustafsson
Grossmann-Streit
Meszaros

Mason
Emery

If anyone wants to buy low on a solid top 4 defenseman when healthy, Meszaros can be had for futures. Gagne still might be signed, but I am starting to doubt it. Scott Laughton is a wild card, but I am kind of pulling for him to have another year in the OHL.

I like the Flyers' roster this year. Although I'm still picking my Pens to win the Metro, I could easily see the Flyers winning it instead. I think Vinny adds veteran leadership while Streit provides them with a puck moving dman. Also with the acquisition of Emery, they should have 2 solid goalies to go to this season. Pains me to say it but the Flyers seem to have put together a very good team.

axman15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR -Kadri (assuming he gets signed) - Kulemin
Clarkson - Bolland - Colborne
Orr - McClement - McLaren

Phauef - Gunnerson
Gardiner - Franson
Liles - Reilly

Bernier

Extras- Reimer, Ranger, Fraser (injured), Biggs/Ashton/some other prospect

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lineup for the Canucks is really freakin' tough to predict, with a new coach coming in, and nothign but the first line set for the past couple of seasons in any event.
And we have a bunch of guys that aren't quite 2nd liners, but better than 3rd liners. so throw them in a blender for lines 2/3
no idea how the defense will end up paired, either - but it seems the deepest part of the roster.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Kesler - Higgins - Kassian - Hansen - Booth - Schroeder
Sestito - Richardson - Weise

and some young guys like Jensen could be in the mix
Gaunce / Horvat / Shinkaruk will almost certainly start in Utica, but Torts has said he wants to give young guys a chance, so who knows.

Edler - Garrison
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Tanev - Corrado <- will mix the youngsters in with the vets, I presume, but that's the way they sit on the depth chart
Y Weber, A Alberts in the mix as well

Luongo, Lack - and hope for no injuries.

There's a fair amount of talent there, but Tortorella has his work cut out for him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Flyers' roster this year. Although I'm still picking my Pens to win the Metro, I could easily see the Flyers winning it instead. I think Vinny adds veteran leadership while Streit provides them with a puck moving dman. Also with the acquisition of Emery, they should have 2 solid goalies to go to this season. Pains me to say it but the Flyers seem to have put together a very good team.

I am very excited to see how we do, especially with Schenn and Couturier's development. It will be interesting (And sad) to see how much longer Timonen can keep his play up, and of course it would not be Flyers hockey without suspect goaltending and a goaltending controversy. :L

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Although I'm still picking my Pens to win the Metro, I could easily see the Flyers winning it instead.
it just sounds wrong

Geo-Metro-1.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sens will look something like this. Or at least I hope they will.
FORWARDS
Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Zibanejad
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Conacher - Smith -Neil

Extra:Kassian and O'Brien. Stone, Hoffman and Prince are the first callups.

DEFENSE
Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Corvo
Phillips-Wiercioch

Gryba will sub in for Corvo or Wiercioch depending on matchups.

GOALIES
Anderson
Lehner

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobee, what about Niskanen?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR -Kadri (assuming he gets signed) - Kulemin
Clarkson - Bolland - Colborne
Orr - McClement - McLaren

Phauef - Gunnerson
Gardiner - Franson
Liles - Reilly

Bernier

Extras- Reimer, Ranger, Fraser (injured), Biggs/Ashton/some other prospect

Should be a good team if they stay healthy. Kind of iffy on the defense, but 2 solid goalies for sure. Also hope to see Paul Ranger get a chance. I like his skill set.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lineup for the Canucks is really freakin' tough to predict, with a new coach coming in, and nothign but the first line set for the past couple of seasons in any event.
And we have a bunch of guys that aren't quite 2nd liners, but better than 3rd liners. so throw them in a blender for lines 2/3
no idea how the defense will end up paired, either - but it seems the deepest part of the roster.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Kesler - Higgins - Kassian - Hansen - Booth - Schroeder
Sestito - Richardson - Weise

and some young guys like Jensen could be in the mix
Gaunce / Horvat / Shinkaruk will almost certainly start in Utica, but Torts has said he wants to give young guys a chance, so who knows.

Edler - Garrison
Bieksa - Hamhuis
Tanev - Corrado <- will mix the youngsters in with the vets, I presume, but that's the way they sit on the depth chart
Y Weber, A Alberts in the mix as well

Luongo, Lack - and hope for no injuries.

There's a fair amount of talent there, but Tortorella has his work cut out for him.

1st 3 lines seem set. I think we might hee Horvat Schroeder, & Shinkaruk play in the back lines this season, what say you?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sens will look something like this. Or at least I hope they will.
FORWARDS
Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Zibanejad
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Conacher - Smith -Neil

Extra:Kassian and O'Brien. Stone, Hoffman and Prince are the first callups.

DEFENSE
Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Corvo
Phillips-Wiercioch

Gryba will sub in for Corvo or Wiercioch depending on matchups.

GOALIES
Anderson
Lehner

Interesting lineup, lots of new faces. Mark Stone should be a very good call up. What do you think about Stephane Da Costa? I'm quite impressed by him as well. Sens got a great farm system.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very excited to see how we do, especially with Schenn and Couturier's development. It will be interesting (And sad) to see how much longer Timonen can keep his play up, and of course it would not be Flyers hockey without suspect goaltending and a goaltending controversy. :L

I think Timonen will be better off than last year. Last year he had to pretty much do everything, this year Streit should be able to help him out some. Goalie controversy is likely to happen but in a good way. Mason & Emery should both force each other to compete, unlike previous years where there was no incentive for any goalies in the Flyer system to care because Bryz made the big bucks.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
1st 3 lines seem set. I think we might hee Horvat Schroeder, & Shinkaruk play in the back lines this season, what say you?

Honestly, i don't know. torts has said how he will want to give the young guys a chance, and cap-wise, we kind of need some production from people on ELCs.
Schroeder is ready for 3rd line duty. If he starts the season in Utica, I wold call his camp a pretty serious failure.

Jensen is a question mark in terms of NHL/AHL. Gaunce is probably the next closest to ready.
But Gaunce / Horvat / Shinkaruk all played pretty big roles for their junior teams, so I think unless they play someone out of a top 9 job on the big club, I would rather see them getting continuing an important role back in junior rather than getting sparse 4th line minutes. First 5-9 games to give them a taste, but don't burn a year to play them with grinders.

axman15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good team if they stay healthy. Kind of iffy on the defense, but 2 solid goalies for sure. Also hope to see Paul Ranger get a chance. I like his skill set.

I sure hope so, that playoff loss still haunts me. I'm hoping for another chance to get back at the Bruins. Can't wait to see what Bernier can do in net for us, but I do feel bad for Reimer.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting lineup, lots of new faces. Mark Stone should be a very good call up. What do you think about Stephane Da Costa? I'm quite impressed by him as well. Sens got a great farm system.

There are five NHL caliber centres ahead of Da Costa right now and Curtis Lazar projects to be another.

I think maybe Da Costa could end up a serviceable #2C but I don't think it will be with Ottawa.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Saad-Kane
Hayes-Kruger-Shaw
Morin-Pirri-Smith

Extras: Handzus, Bollig