• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Project your team's lineup out of camp

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, lemme see if I could put something together here,

L1: Thomas Vanek - Cody Hodgson - Drew Stafford
L2: Tyler Ennis - Ville Leino - Patrick Kaleta
L3: Marcus Foligno - Steve Ott - Brian Flynn
L4: Kevin Porter - Mikhail Grigorenko - John Scott
Reserve: Zemgus Girgensons

D1: Christian Ehrhoff - Tyler Meyers
D2: Jamie McBain - Henrik Tallinder
D3: Mark Pysyk - Mike Weber
Reserve: Chad Ruhwedel

G1: Ryan Miller
G2: Jhonas Enroth

Not a bad teamon paper actually.

I don't even think they look good on paper. Stafford was abysmal last year. Hodgson won't sign a contract. The Leino horse is fully beaten to death. Kaleta is a dumbass who will spend half the season suspended. John Scott just plain sucks.

Myers has been bad for several years now. Tallinder was almost over-the-hill back when he left Buffalo and the fact that McBain is a potential 2nd pair D speaks to just how little depth the corps has.

Miller is disgruntled and has been a mediocre goalie in an elite goalie's outfit ever since 2010-11.

I see, at best, a top 5 pick for the Sabres. Wouldn't be at all shocked if they were the odds-on favo(u)rites for #1 overall (OK, maybe Florida is worse).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L1: Elias-Zajac-Ryder
L2: Clowe-Henrique-Jagr
L3: Zubrus-Loktionov-Matteau
L4: Carter-Gionta-Bernier

D1: Salvador-Volchenkov
D2: Greene-Zidlicky
D3: Larsson-Fayne

G1: Martin Brodeur
G1A: Corey Schneider

Assuming we get bouncback years from Zajac/Henrique/Volchenkov/Salvador I think this lineup (mainly our goaltending tandem) is good enough to tread water and stay competitive until the trade deadline. We have a ton of young guys on D that are on the verge of making the team so I either see some of them being dealt for help on the first 2 lines or I see some vets on D being traded for help down the road.

Devils got good depth, just don't have true superstar caliber players. At the same time, they could be a solid team, just one with a glass ceiling.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Flames lineup is definitely a project, there's no doubt about that.

Yeah, they got some holes to fill, no doubt about that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers

Haglin-Stephan-Nash

Kreider-Brassard-Callahan

Miller-Richards-Zuccarello

Powe/Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett/Asham

Girardi-McDonagh
Del Zotto-Staal
Stralman-Moore

I like the 1st 3 lines, dmen look solid, obviously Lundqvist will be good as well. With a new coach, Rangers got potential to really take off this season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think they look good on paper. Stafford was abysmal last year. Hodgson won't sign a contract. The Leino horse is fully beaten to death. Kaleta is a dumbass who will spend half the season suspended. John Scott just plain sucks.

Myers has been bad for several years now. Tallinder was almost over-the-hill back when he left Buffalo and the fact that McBain is a potential 2nd pair D speaks to just how little depth the corps has.

Miller is disgruntled and has been a mediocre goalie in an elite goalie's outfit ever since 2010-11.

I see, at best, a top 5 pick for the Sabres. Wouldn't be at all shocked if they were the odds-on favo(u)rites for #1 overall (OK, maybe Florida is worse).

I think they got some morale issues and some underachievers, but the talent is there. That's what I like about the NHL, not much disparity between the top teams & bottom teams.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they got some morale issues and some underachievers, but the talent is there. That's what I like about the NHL, not much disparity between the top teams & bottom teams.

Wanna trade lineups?

I see a HUGE disparity between the Sabres and teams like the Pens, Hawks, and Bruins. Go ahead and match them up position-by-position and see how many times you would actually give the nod to the Sabres. Hell, take the 2nd line of any of those teams and put them up against the Sabres 1st line and see how many times you actually give the nod to the Sabres. Pretty sure the list would start and end at Vanek, if we're lucky.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna trade lineups?

I see a HUGE disparity between the Sabres and teams like the Pens, Hawks, and Bruins. Go ahead and match them up position-by-position and see how many times you would actually give the nod to the Sabres. Hell, take the 2nd line of any of those teams and put them up against the Sabres 1st line and see how many times you actually give the nod to the Sabres. Pretty sure the list would start and end at Vanek, if we're lucky.

True, the Pens & Bruins have better lineups, but I do recall the Sabres doing quite well against those teams this past season. 3-2 against the Bruins, 2-1 against my Pens.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, the Pens & Bruins have better lineups, but I do recall the Sabres doing quite well against those teams this past season. 3-2 against the Bruins, 2-1 against my Pens.

I think that's a symptom of good teams taking a night off when they play a bad team.

Because those same Sabres that did OK vs. Boston and Pittsburgh also went 3-10-2 against the weakest division in hockey, including 0-3 against both Carolina and Winnipeg, 1-1-1 against Florida, and 0-2-1 against Washington (2-1 vs. Tampa rounds it out).

This is kinda the opposite of the usual arguments around here. You're trying to defend my team (a little at least) and I'm trying to convince you how much they suck. :wtf2:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a symptom of good teams taking a night off when they play a bad team.

Because those same Sabres that did OK vs. Boston and Pittsburgh also went 3-10-2 against the weakest division in hockey, including 0-3 against both Carolina and Winnipeg, 1-1-1 against Florida, and 0-2-1 against Washington (2-1 vs. Tampa rounds it out).

This is kinda the opposite of the usual arguments around here. You're trying to defend my team (a little at least) and I'm trying to convince you how much they suck. :wtf2:

I'm one of those fans that likes to keep people positive about their teams. I remember 2004, wasn't easy being a Penguin fan. Only thing I had was hope. No matter how bad things get, don't lose hope.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I had was hope. No matter how bad things get, don't lose hope.

MF.jpeg

/Love this movie

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 1st 3 lines, dmen look solid, obviously Lundqvist will be good as well. With a new coach, Rangers got potential to really take off this season.

Lets hope they dont take a season off. Lundy is a FA and if we want him to resign we need to have a good season. And I like our d-man they are a little to Left Handed. because Falk is the other one fighting for time and is a Lefty as well. Also wish they would have bought out Richards. Think we can have a deep run this year if we get a little more offense we dont have Torts system putting a choke hold on the O anymore.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope they dont take a season off. Lundy is a FA and if we want him to resign we need to have a good season. And I like our d-man they are a little to Left Handed. because Falk is the other one fighting for time and is a Lefty as well. Also wish they would have bought out Richards. Think we can have a deep run this year if we get a little more offense we dont have Torts system putting a choke hold on the O anymore.

Yeah, replacing John Tortorella was probably the best move they made. Really gives hope to guys like Chris Kreider & JT Miller. I suspect speedsters like Derek Stepan & Carl Hagelin will also be better off, felt their speed was neutralized under the system Tortorella implemented.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers

Haglin-Stephan-Nash

Kreider-Brassard-Callahan

Miller-Richards-Zuccarello

Powe/Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett/Asham

Girardi-McDonagh
Del Zotto-Staal
Stralman-Moore

D. Moore? Pouliot? And I'd switch DZ and and J. Moore on D.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Moore? Pouliot? And I'd switch DZ and and J. Moore on D.

Skatin' Johnny Moore is a stud. Hurt to let him go. He's gonna be a #1 guy in this league.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skatin' Johnny Moore is a stud. Hurt to let him go. He's gonna be a #1 guy in this league.

Him and Brassard and Zuc were really the only bright spots last year in the playoffs..... But Gabby will win you some games and probably get you into the playoffs.... Where he will disappear and after two years wonder why he should even be on your team.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, replacing John Tortorella was probably the best move they made. Really gives hope to guys like Chris Kreider & JT Miller. I suspect speedsters like Derek Stepan & Carl Hagelin will also be better off, felt their speed was neutralized under the system Tortorella implemented.

yeah I kinda feel bad for Canuck fans they will never win now.... all that offensive talent will be squashed by Torts system. Plus I dont see the twins laying down in front of Luongo to block shots.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I kinda feel bad for Canuck fans they will never win now.... all that offensive talent will be squashed by Torts system. Plus I dont see the twins laying down in front of Luongo to block shots.

I feel bad for Jordan Schroeder, finally gets a chance and now he will be dog housed for being a young offensive minded player. Sad.