• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Polls.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the point of the coaches Poll and the AP now. Do they have any influence? I don't get it. If not why have it.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the point of the coaches Poll and the AP now. Do they have any influence? I don't get it. If not why have it.

You are going to get higher ratings when I ranked team is playing so that is why they are ranked every week. I think money is the only influence of those two polls. I expect Notre Dame to drop out of the top 4 after the next two weeks since they are playing crappy teams. They will bounce back in the top 4 if they beat a 1 loss Stanford. However, maybe if they put a hurt on Wake and Boston College they remain top 4. Hard to say.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it depends on the outcome of Oklahoma State, Baylor and Stanford games coming up as to if Notre Dame drops any in the rankings. If they win out and beat Wake Forest and BC in a dominating fashion then I don't think they will drop because their body of work will be stronger than the Big 12 schools. Also just because the Big 12 beats up on one another doesn't mean they'll move up a bunch because they haven't really played anyone out of conference to know exactly how good they really are so beating each other may not be that big of a deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Still need help in the Big 12

How can they dare jump a big 12 team over us? Not when our last win (if we win out) would be a road win at Stanford? You just can't.

I think Oklahoma knocks off Baylor this week. I'm worried about Okie State as their 2 toughest game is at home but we'll see I guess. I would be really heartbroken if we go 11-1 and don't make it.

To be on the safe side we need teams to keep on losing so go Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Iowa State

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think the Big12 though they will gain a Top25 Win will still be behind in SoS for at least one week. Baylor plays OU, if OU wins it bolsters their SoS but their overall resume would likely still be behind the Irish, especially their loss. If Baylor wins, likewise their SoS is bolstered but might not be enough to displace the Irish at #4. OkSt shouldn't overtake us with a Win over the Clones. So I doubt we're overtaken in next week's poll.

The following week could be interesting. If Baylor wins out it could be interesting but they have a lot of ground to make up in SoS, but 3 Top 25 wins in successive weeks might be enough, they then play Texas after all our games are done.

I agree that their OOC schedule is weak on the whole. I'm doubtful they'd overtake us but first things first; Wake Forest. Looking good and I'd actually be a little more apt to see us in a rematch with Clemson first than to face Bama. I'm sure Kelly wants some payback for that asswhoopin they handed us, but I also think he'd really have to change his Gameplan for them, pass heavy like a mofo and lots of Kizer out of the pocket, they're just crushing the middle and forcing teams to beat them on the outside or deep. I think we could do it, but that read-option would have to go, it's too slow developing for it to be effective against what they're doing in the trenches... well in my humble opinion anyway.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can they dare jump a big 12 team over us? Not when our last win (if we win out) would be a road win at Stanford? You just can't.

I think Oklahoma knocks off Baylor this week. I'm worried about Okie State as their 2 toughest game is at home but we'll see I guess. I would be really heartbroken if we go 11-1 and don't make it.

To be on the safe side we need teams to keep on losing so go Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Iowa State

Undefeated Oklahoma St or Baylor will get in over us. Would be nice if Miss St and Arkansas won this week.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Still need help in the Big 12
Nope I disagree, its almost a Fact, win out and we are in. They just talked about it on ESPN. What helps us is our SOS is better then any Big 12 school and our last game of the year(Stanford) would leave a big impression to the Committee. In no way they will bounce ND out of the Top 4 if they win out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated Oklahoma St or Baylor will get in over us. Would be nice if Miss St and Arkansas won this week.
If they had a Conference Championship game then maybe but in no way they jump us. I just don't see it and most of College football experts say the same. We would have better SOS and our 1 Loss would be to the #1 team in the country. and our last win trumps all best wins for Big12. Now if ND wasn't in the Top 4 then I can see them keeping the Big12 team ahead of us but we are ahead and no way we drop at the end.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clemson, Bama, and OSU win out it is a foregone conclusion they all will be in. That leaves us with the BIG 12. Baylor has #12 Oklahoma, #8 OK State, and #15 TCU remaining on their schedule. I don't see how anyone can be certain That a ND win over Stanford and some cupcakes will impress the Committee more than an undefeated Baylor at the end of the season.

Fortunately, if we win out I think there is a very high probability ND gets in. There are too many "ifs" in my preceding paragraph and we all know that college football can be pretty crazy in November.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this Committee was selected, I suspect there was some talk about the importance of these playoff games generating money (it is always about money). I am sure the members of the Committee realize that ND is a cash cow and I think that could help our case.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clemson, Bama, and OSU win out it is a foregone conclusion they all will be in. That leaves us with the BIG 12. Baylor has #12 Oklahoma, #8 OK State, and #15 TCU remaining on their schedule. I don't see how anyone can be certain That a ND win over Stanford and some cupcakes will impress the Committee more than an undefeated Baylor at the end of the season.

Fortunately, if we win out I think there is a very high probability ND gets in. There are too many "ifs" in my preceding paragraph and we all know that college football can be pretty crazy in November.
Yes there is a lot of what IF's. There is a lot of football left. I mean what if Stanford loses the 2 opr even 1 game then ND win over Stanford wont be that Big of a deal. We just need them to be in the top 25 and at best stay in the top 10. Bama might still lose. What happens if Bama loses again. Does a 2 Loss Dec champ make it in.

K I was wrong to say 100% in but I think we are at least 90% in if we win out. Only chance I see un not being in if Stanford falls apart, Baylor wins out and Bama wins out. Also if Clemson falls apart our loss wont look as good. Of course if we lose 1 game we are out but a loss to Stanford we are still in a Big bowl game(I know this isn't the goal.)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that is what those Big 12 teams are currently ranked. However a loss to Baylor would drop them all down and Oklahoma State and TCU still play Oklahoma so more than likely one or two of those teams wouldn't end as ranked opponents on Baylor's schedule. So I won't say with the certainty that purguy does that Baylor wouldn't jump Notre Dame but when you only play three teams all season with winning records it's hard to say you should be in the playoff because you really didn't play anyone all season.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @purguy12 but we're not getting in over an undefeated Big12 team. That's just not happening.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @purguy12 but we're not getting in over an undefeated Big12 team. That's just not happening.
Then why are we ranked ahead of them now? Why not have them ranked over us now. Doesn't make sense. If they had a conference championship then yes I would agree with you 100%.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are we ranked ahead of them now? Why not have them ranked over us now. Doesn't make sense. If they had a conference championship then yes I would agree with you 100%.

Because it's based on the here and now, not what could happen in the future. Baylor and Ok St have big games coming up. That will bolster their resume if they win them. And that would be enough to jump us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's based on the here and now, not what could happen in the future. Baylor and Ok St have big games coming up. That will bolster their resume if they win them. And that would be enough to jump us.
We do to. We play stanford. I don't think we will have a 12-0 team in the Big 12 but if there is one I still think we get it. Most experts even agree because of SOS is better then any Big 12 team. Plus our 1 Loss is against the #1 team in the country. I respect your opinion I just don't see it. I would be shocked. Baylor hasn't even beat a team with a winning record. Their SOS is too weak.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It may be enough, it may not. Let's just say that Baylor wins out beating TCU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. The Oklahoma State only loses to Baylor beating Oklahoma. Oklahoma beats TCU but loses to the other two. That would put Oklahoma at 9-3, TCU at 9-3, Oklahoma State at 11-1 and Baylor at 12-1. Now Oklahoma and TCU wouldn't be ranked or at least one wouldn't and if they are they'll be in the bottom of the top 25. Oklahoma State would likely be out of the top 10 maybe int he 15 range. That would be Baylor's best win and then the rest of the schedule besides those three games is pitiful.