• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Polls.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to play Iowa in a bowl game if ND doesn't make it. I live in Illinois and am 10 minutes away from Iowa. Iowa fans are insufferable. Iowa has no professional sports team so it is Hawkeyes all year round. I can't fucking stand it!

As a native Iowan I'm well aware. Only I chose a different route. I always looked at it as; not having a Pro team at all gave me that much more reason to seek out one elsewhere, out of the norm from my typical Iowan base, which were teams like the Chiefs, Vikings, Bears, Packers, or the Cubs, Twins, Cardinals, Royals. Never liked any of 'em except for the Bears when Payton was the shizzle.

If ND has to play Iowa, well I'd see it from differing perspectives. Glad that I might be able to rub a win in all of my family's faces (except my sister who's an ISU grad). Not so glad that we'd have to play a team I think is probably 2nd or 3rd best in the B1G. They're decent to be sure, but I really don't think they'd beat the Irish, would rather see them play someone else, but we'll have to see what the rankings look like when bowl season comes around.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a native Iowan I'm well aware. Only I chose a different route. I always looked at it as; not having a Pro team at all gave me that much more reason to seek out one elsewhere, out of the norm from my typical Iowan base, which were teams like the Chiefs, Vikings, Bears, Packers, or the Cubs, Twins, Cardinals, Royals. Never liked any of 'em except for the Bears when Payton was the shizzle.

If ND has to play Iowa, well I'd see it from differing perspectives. Glad that I might be able to rub a win in all of my family's faces (except my sister who's an ISU grad). Not so glad that we'd have to play a team I think is probably 2nd or 3rd best in the B1G. They're decent to be sure, but I really don't think they'd beat the Irish, would rather see them play someone else, but we'll have to see what the rankings look like when bowl season comes around.

considering I don't believe Iowa will be in the playoff I hope the Irish aren't playing them.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St goes down. Does this lock us in at #3 if we win tonight?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know ... incredible huh?

Urb's was calling that game like a Tressel. lol

Neither team was opening it up. Just because of the cold and rain? I don't know, kind of a head scratcher on Urban's part. Oh well, his loss is our gain.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team was opening it up. Just because of the cold and rain? I don't know, kind of a head scratcher on Urban's part. Oh well, his loss is our gain.

Word, I don't care how it happened as long as it happened. We should be a solid 3-4 now if we don't choke ourselves.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#6. Jumped by OU, Iowa and MSU

Writing is on the wall, we won't be getting in without any help. We need Ok St to beat OU. And either Penn St over MSU or Nebraska over Iowa

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Writing is on the wall, we won't be getting in without any help. We need Ok St to beat OU. And either Penn St over MSU or Nebraska over Iowa
we need just 1 of those to happen, but in reality we need OSU to win because Iowa and MSU will knock one out by playing each other.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup BC foiled another Championship bid for the Irish.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup BC foiled another Championship bid for the Irish.

Nah, the Irish foiled their own bid. I don't agree with the week's rankings but whatever, my opinion means nothing. I'm just curious who we'll get matched up with now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not blaming BC but they do tend to derail Notre Dame's championship hopes. They did again by playing extremely hard on defense especially for 4 quarters and Notre Dame didn't play hard all game. I would say it was the worst win of the season right next to Virginia (which was a little more understandable). All they can do is go on the road and beat Stanford then hope teams lose above them.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not blaming BC but they do tend to derail Notre Dame's championship hopes. They did again by playing extremely hard on defense especially for 4 quarters and Notre Dame didn't play hard all game. I would say it was the worst win of the season right next to Virginia (which was a little more understandable). All they can do is go on the road and beat Stanford then hope teams lose above them.
Now they've found a way to do it while losing to us. (I kid).

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All season long the team's mantra was to "burn the boats" in a nod to Viking culture when they sailed to new lands to burn their ships to be motivated to stay and succeed as they no longer had an exit strategy.

Well the committee just took a proverbial blow torch to the boats. I hope the team remembers the metaphor when it matters most.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All season long the team's mantra was to "burn the boats" in a nod to Viking culture when they sailed to new lands to burn their ships to be motivated to stay and succeed as they no longer had an exit strategy.

Well the committee just took a proverbial blow torch to the boats. I hope the team remembers the metaphor when it matters most.

When I heard about this some time ago, it struck me as odd. Being of Norwegian heritage, I have had an interest in Norwegian culture and the Vikings. The Vikings were seafaring explorers and wreaked havoc wherever they set foot. The Vikings were also very fond of taking slaves and the Irish were a favorite, if not the favorite target of the Vikings.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good. Win against stanford and its all good. If Oklahoma is ahead of us that means Losses means nothing and wins dont mean nothing because we have a Tougher schedule and our lost is way better then Sooners loss oh yeah we beat the team that beat them and we lsot to the #1 team. Its a God damn joke. Im sure the committee understands that and they are forcing ND's hand by playing great this weekend against Stanford. Win and we are good I been saying it for awhile and I believe in it.