• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Polls.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really should not surprise anybody.

Our piss poor performances in our 'wins' have finally caught up to us. BC win was an absolute debacle and the committee saw that. When you play shitty at the end of the year, then you are 'penalized' for it ... it's just that simple when the nut cuttin commences.

I really wonder if we smack Stanford around, now, will be good enough if OU beats their little bro. The committee has fallen in love with Baker Mayfield and, obviously Bama. OU would prolly have to lose to Okie Lite for us to jump them ... even after their shitty loss to UTerus. That's what bugs me the most, but if OU runs that backloaded gauntlet of Baylor, TCU & Okie St ... that's gonna look more impressive to the committee.

Bama's only big win: #21 Miss St and they're ranked #2. It's simply the eye test on that one. Bama is prolly playing better than everyone, right now, IMO, and the committee is 'rewarding' them for the eye test. SEC always gets the SoS love due to ... SEC.

Beat Stanford, handily, and hope for some magic. Remember 2012? There was ALOT of magic in that last week.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the committee.

Only good thing is we don't need much chaos to get back in. OU lose and a win over Stanford likely guarantees our spot

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the committee.

Only good thing is we don't need much chaos to get back in. OU lose and a win over Stanford likely guarantees our spot

I agree, but to really screw things up I'd love to see Michigan beat Ohio State, then both Iowa and Michigan State lose on top of Oklahoma losing, then Notre Dame is in. Oh add Baylor losing to TCU or Texas and that would be nice as well.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good. Win against stanford and its all good. If Oklahoma is ahead of us that means Losses means nothing and wins dont mean nothing because we have a Tougher schedule and our lost is way better then Sooners loss oh yeah we beat the team that beat them and we lsot to the #1 team. Its a God damn joke. Im sure the committee understands that and they are forcing ND's hand by playing great this weekend against Stanford. Win and we are good I been saying it for awhile and I believe in it.

I think you might be right and hopefully it puts some fire into the team because I don't know about anyone else but Oklahoma didn't look that impressive against TCU (without Boykins or their top WR). I do think Oklahoma State can beat them but only time will tell.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but to really screw things up I'd love to see Michigan beat Ohio State, then both Iowa and Michigan State lose on top of Oklahoma losing, then Notre Dame is in. Oh add Baylor losing to TCU or Texas and that would be nice as well.

Yeah I want all hell to break out outside of our game.

I want to see all of the above and would be great to see Bama going now also

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports say Stidham may be done for the year ... broken ankle. May be the battle of the backups ... if Boykin doesn't play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alot of score board watching this weekend. when play 2 other important games will going on. i hope the team doesnt score board watch during their game.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what has puzzled me most about these new rankings is my belief that several of these previously top ranked teams were truly overrated. I think it is easy to argue that Baylor, TCU, and OSU in particular were simply overrated and/or untested until week 10 or 11 of the season. Until week 11, I believe Baylor's SoS was around 94 or so. They simply blew out a bunch of nobodies and rose towards the top of the rankings. They finally played one ranked team in OU in week 11 and lost. They didn't even have their starting QB, and were starting a true freshman at QB. IMO, that shouldn't count as a super high quality win for OU. Baylor has little to no defense and their potent offense was neutralized by major injuries.

TCU was a similar story. They had essentially played a very weak schedule, boosted up their ranking and promptly lost decisively as soon as they played a ranked opponent in OklaSt.. TCU then went on to barely beat a winless Kansas (arguably one of the worst teams in CFB) by 6. Why does a 1 point OU win over a TCU team without their Heisman Trophy candidate QB and WR carry so much weight? Enough weight to move up from 7 to 3 and pass ND. We didn't look great against BC, but I still don't get it. BC had the #1 ranked defense in the nation and often teams like that force opponents into ugly games. Again, we didn't look great, but I still don't get it.

OU has had the luxury of playing BU and TCU without some of their most valuable players. Meanwhile, ND has had to play most of the season without some of their most valuable players and yet they've continued to win against everyone except the #1 team in the country while playing in a hurricane with a freshman QB making his first road start. We turned the ball over 4 times to Clemson's 0 turnovers and still only lost on a failed 2-pt. conversion. OU's SoS is now at 2, but I just think that is skewed b/c they beat teams who had high rankings, but weren't truly as good as their ranking indicated and were dealing with injuries that made OU's road to a win much more manageable and less impressive.

OSU hadn't even played a Top 40 team until WEEK 12!!!!!!! WEEK 12!!!!! As soon as they did, they lost. Even in some of their wins over these "overmatched" opponents OSU didn't look good. They were the defending champs with a lot of returning players. I won't say they were overrated, but they were clearly untested. A win over OSU shouldn't vault MSU ahead of us. MSU lost to a 6 loss Nebraska team. Does that not count for anything?

Iowa is undefeated, but their SoS is 63 (barely in the top 1/2 of CFB). I'm no Bama fan, but I believe all but 3 of Bama's games this season have been against Top 40 teams. When you consistently play Top 40 teams you A) have a better chance of losing and B) have a better chance of struggling and not looking great. IMO Iowa doesn't deserve to be considered among the top 4 until they've played a team or two that could even be mistaken as a top team.

I get it... I know I'm biased towards the Irish, and arguments can made against our resume as well, but I'm still having a hard time understanding how we've dropped so far and are now behind multiple teams that IMO have worse losses and at least questionable wins and/or SoS's.

Hopefully ND will view this new ranking as a insult and come out with the kind of urgency that they haven't played with in the last week or 2. Despite my "rant," I realize that it's far from over and we still stand a chance of making it to the playoff. Like you all, I'm just hoping for some help from some of the teams mentioned above.

GO IRISH! Onward to Victory!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Iowa doesn't deserve to be considered among the top 4 until they've played a team or two that could even be mistaken as a top team.

where they sit right now doesn't matter because they WILL play a top rated team before the season is over. so it's not an issue at ALL! if they go undefeated then they will absolutely deserve to be in the playoffs.

this was the year for nd to actually contend. there was great parity this year. no one stands out as unbeatable and if nd had had its shit together they could have won it all. instead they pissed it away. you can blame injuries all you want ... but nd STILL could have beaten anyone and soundly with the talent they had left to them. they DIDN'T! with a head coach who should stick to recruiting and let someone else 'manage' this team on gameday (and btw ... i believe KnuteRoc COULD have done much better) they very well might have been in the top four right now. as it stands they are lucky to be 6th. as a committee member i'm not sure i'd have been that generous.

i believe that whoever (msu or iowa) wins the big ten playoff will be in. that leaves only okla susceptible, and i seriously doubt they lose to state. nd will not jump either even if they whip stanford.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where they sit right now doesn't matter because they WILL play a top rated team before the season is over. so it's not an issue at ALL! if they go undefeated then they will absolutely deserve to be in the playoffs.

this was the year for nd to actually contend. there was great parity this year. no one stands out as unbeatable and if nd had had its shit together they could have won it all. instead they pissed it away. you can blame injuries all you want ... but nd STILL could have beaten anyone and soundly with the talent they had left to them. they DIDN'T! with a head coach who should stick to recruiting and let someone else 'manage' this team on gameday (and btw ... i believe KnuteRoc COULD have done much better) they very well might have been in the top four right now. as it stands they are lucky to be 6th. as a committee member i'm not sure i'd have been that generous.

i believe that whoever (msu or iowa) wins the big ten playoff will be in. that leaves only okla susceptible, and i seriously doubt they lose to state. nd will not jump either even if they whip stanford.
we are 10-1 stop it. We lost to the #1 team in the country on the road in a hurricane. Im happy as hell with this team. Oh yeah they did this with a lot of starters out. I don't know what more you want. We beat all the teams we were suppose to beat and we didn't lose a home game this year.

U are becoming a bad poster with this nonsense. U believe ND shouldn't even be #6 but its ok for Iowa to be where they are with a SOS of what Low 44 High 104 now 63. Iowa best win is against Pitt(who we handled easily), u are ok with Oklahoma being where they are even though we beat the team they lost to at home(we killed Texas). MSU who lost to Nebraska needed a lucky win against Mich. yes a good win against OSU. MSU also struggled with Western Mich, Oregon, Purdue, Rutgers.

Im ok with disagreements but this is ridicules if you can't give credit to this ND team. Kelly is one of the best coaches int he country. Have you forgot what this man has done for ND. We had a 12-0 season, went to a NC game(1st time in like 20 years), recruiting is great, getting these young kids to the next level, beat SEC in a bowl game, and has this team at 10-1 this year.

ND SOS High was #4, Low 45 Now 14th. I know people want to knock ND for the BC game but BC did have the #1 D in the country.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are 10-1 stop it. We lost to the #1 team in the country on the road in a hurricane. Im happy as hell with this team. Oh yeah they did this with a lot of starters out. I don't know what more you want. We beat all the teams we were suppose to beat and we didn't lose a home game this year.

U are becoming a bad poster with this nonsense. U believe ND shouldn't even be #6 but its ok for Iowa to be where they are with a SOS of what Low 44 High 104 now 63. Iowa best win is against Pitt(who we handled easily), u are ok with Oklahoma being where they are even though we beat the team they lost to at home(we killed Texas). MSU who lost to Nebraska needed a lucky win against Mich. yes a good win against OSU. MSU also struggled with Western Mich, Oregon, Purdue, Rutgers.

Im ok with disagreements but this is ridicules if you can't give credit to this ND team. Kelly is one of the best coaches int he country. Have you forgot what this man has done for ND. We had a 12-0 season, went to a NC game(1st time in like 20 years), recruiting is great, getting these young kids to the next level, beat SEC in a bowl game, and has this team at 10-1 this year.

ND SOS High was #4, Low 45 Now 14th. I know people want to knock ND for the BC game but BC did have the #1 D in the country.

spare me the bs. first, i remember you calling for kelly's head on more than one occasion so put that to rest. he is CERTAINLY not one of the best game day coaches. his decisions are complete head-scratchers and you damn well know it.

call me a bad poster because i'm realistic? what if i say you are a bad poster cause you overdose on the koolaid and wear irish colored glasses? look, i have an opinion i think is realistic and i'll post it. you don't have to keep responding to it you know. YOU'RE the one arguing here! you keep making a huge deal out of our texas victory when it was the first game of the year .. basically ancient history as far as the committee is concerned. it carries some weight but not nearly like you think it should. the committee DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU! you are the one crying here, not me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spare me the bs. first, i remember you calling for kelly's head on more than one occasion so put that to rest. he is CERTAINLY not one of the best game day coaches. his decisions are complete head-scratchers and you damn well know it.

call me a bad poster because i'm realistic? what if i say you are a bad poster cause you overdose on the koolaid and wear irish colored glasses? look, i have an opinion i think is realistic and i'll post it. you don't have to keep responding to it you know. YOU'RE the one arguing here! you keep making a huge deal out of our texas victory when it was the first game of the year .. basically ancient history as far as the committee is concerned. it carries some weight but not nearly like you think it should. the committee DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU! you are the one crying here, not me.
wrong. its a fact he is. ask any expert. he is easily in the top 10. does he frustrate me yes but i said from the start he needed to go at least 10-2 this year and so far im happy. this is back to back years with major injuries. u are by far the one crying. ask anyone. u are complaining about a team that is 10-1. u are so wrong its not even funny. its actually sad. keep being negative thats fine just dont be mad if everyone disagrees with u. this team is a good team facts say so. committee agrees that this is a good team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats wrong with this committee is that they go week to week. u need to look at the whole picture and i think they will at the end. got to go with facts or they will look stupid.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong. its a fact he is. ask any expert. he is easily in the top 10. does he frustrate me yes but i said from the start he needed to go at least 10-2 this year and so far im happy. this is back to back years with major injuries. u are by far the one crying. ask anyone. u are complaining about a team that is 10-1. u are so wrong its not even funny. its actually sad. keep being negative thats fine just dont be mad if everyone disagrees with u. this team is a good team facts say so. committee agrees that this is a good team.

you are so focused on making excuses for nd you can't see straight. ... i have NEVER said this isn't a good team. they just aren't as good as you seem to think they are. and the committee agrees with ME, not you ... they are NOT a top 4 team. could that change? yes ... if the teams in front of us lose and at least one CAN'T lose (msu or iowa). that leave osu and i just doubt they lose ... tho it's a possibility. i also don't expect bama or clemson to lose.
my complaints have centered on the fact they have such good potential but they pissed it away (the playoffs). i think a lot of people here actually agree with me. not you!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats wrong with this committee is that they go week to week. u need to look at the whole picture and i think they will at the end. got to go with facts or they will look stupid.

i disagree with you here too. you don't "look at the whole picture". much more weight should be put on what have you don'e lately. in the end they will vote as they have leading up to the final vote. they aren't going to throw everything out and suddenly weigh the whole year in a balanced fashion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are so focused on making excuses for nd you can't see straight. ... i have NEVER said this isn't a good team. they just aren't as good as you seem to think they are. and the committee agrees with ME, not you ... they are NOT a top 4 team. could that change? yes ... if the teams in front of us lose and at least one CAN'T lose (msu or iowa). that leave osu and i just doubt they lose ... tho it's a possibility. i also don't expect bama or clemson to lose.
my complaints have centered on the fact they have such good potential but they pissed it away (the playoffs). i think a lot of people here actually agree with me. not you!
no they agree with me. they are ranked 6th. lol

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree with you here too. you don't "look at the whole picture". much more weight should be put on what have you don'e lately. in the end they will vote as they have leading up to the final vote. they aren't going to throw everything out and suddenly weigh the whole year in a balanced fashion.
im sorry not to offend you but this is just dumb. it matters who u lose to and who u beat. its the whole package. no if ND lost to purdue and not clemson ND would be where they are no.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u do know we were 4th last week and we won. if we win we can jump. committee has stated during week to week rankings they will go by play of the teams the end result they will look overall when they sit down and pick the final 4.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sorry not to offend you but this is just dumb. it matters who u lose to and who u beat. its the whole package. no if ND lost to purdue and not clemson ND would be where they are no.

do you remember 1993? both nd and fla st finished with 10-1 records. nd beat fla state that year .... but was not crowned champion. fl st was. i understand today's committee is a little different, but they're still humans. they will not look at it like they are computer programs as you seem to think. they will see a team limping into the finish line vs everyone else. that's why they dropped ... and as long at the teams ahead of them don't lose, they will NOT vote nd over them.