• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll on Darrell Bevell

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no, the offense wasn't 'irrelevant' in the Superbowl. The first half the game was still eminently in reach for Denver. One play could've turned it. Lynch was invisible. Who moved the chains and put points on the board ? That was Wilson. Nothing spectacular, just completions for first downs, setting up FG's and making sure Denver had to abandon the run.
This is just priceless.

Again, the OC is blameless at all times.

Its just like blaming the receivers on the game losing play in the SB. Bevell is such a POS he sat in the press conference and blamed his players. There are reasons why players hate him, thats one of them

Carroll has the class to take all the blame even though he had nothing to do with the play call.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its just like blaming the receivers on the game losing play in the SB. Bevell is such a POS he sat in the press conference and blamed his players. There are reasons why players hate him, thats one of them

Carroll has the class to take all the blame even though he had nothing to do with the play call.

You're the only one claiming that anyone is saying he's blameless. Talk about a stawman. Keep propping that line of thinking up.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To quote coach Carroll....

"You don't know what you are talking about".

What is sad here is how you are not reading our posts
1.) No one here thinks Bevell is the greatest OC. If Carroll got a better replacement, us fans would welcome it.
2.) Unlike you, us normal fans realize that there a bunch of reasons that add up to a sum in which we don't make the SB. Bevell is not the sole reason for not achieving the ultimate goal.

It is getting to the point that reading your posts makes me sad. I don't think you will ever be happy one day in your life as a Seahawk fan. Maybe it's time to give up watching football or find another team to bitch about?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense and special teams scored 16 points. More than enough to win the game. Dont forget the iffense started with the standard slow start scoring FGs on the first two drives.

Well, to be fair, the defense and special teams scored only 14 points, Denver gifted the Hawks 2 points. The defense just had to sit and watch the center snap the ball through the end zone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is saying that. But when you deflect blame from the players on the field and say that the reason why Russell Wilson makes mistakes is because the OC, it makes you look more than a little silly.

Bevell deserves criticism. So does Wilson. So does Carroll. So does Cable. So does our OL.

Its just like blaming the receivers on the game losing play in the SB. Bevell is such a POS he sat in the press conference and blamed his players. There are reasons why players hate him, thats one of the

Lockett and Kearse DID fail to execute. Sorry if that upsets you.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense and special teams scored 16 points. More than enough to win the game. Dont forget the iffense started with the standard slow start scoring FGs on the first two drives.

Defence and special teams didn't contribute scoring until the second half. WHEN THE GAME WAS STILL IN DOUBT, when Denver still could have turned it around, then that was when it was boring ol methodical passing by Wilson to score points, give the team confidence and put Denver in must passing situations.

Speaking of goal post shifting.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote coach Carroll....

"You don't know what you are talking about".

What is sad here is how you are not reading our posts
1.) No one here thinks Bevell is the greatest OC. If Carroll got a better replacement, us fans would welcome it.
2.) Unlike you, us normal fans realize that there a bunch of reasons that add up to a sum in which we don't make the SB. Bevell is not the sole reason for not achieving the ultimate goal.

It is getting to the point that reading your posts makes me sad. I don't think you will ever be happy one day in your life as a Seahawk fan. Maybe it's time to give up watching football or find another team to bitch about?

It really does take the fun out of talking Seahawks, doesn't it?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. I can't believe that he missed that block on Browner, failed to gain position on Butler, and threw the interception to Butler. He clearly single handedly failed and lost the game we were winning by 10 points with 8 minutes left in the game.
You just contradicted yourself. My response was in relation to your post giving Bevell credit for his winning the super bowl. Apparently he gets no blame for calling a run play on the one yard line when the Pats couldn't stop Lynch all day? You can credit him for the win, but by no means can I credit him with the loss. Ah, got it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just contradicted yourself. My response was in relation to your post giving Bevell credit for his winning the super bowl. Apparently he gets no blame for calling a run play on the one yard line when the Pats couldn't stop Lynch all day? You can credit him for the win, but by no means can I credit him with the loss. Ah, got it.

Bill Belichek himself says it was the right call. Bill sold out in their jumbo pkg, and they were all out there to do ONE thing, stop Marshawn. Marshawn had been stoppable in short yardage, not just that game, but for 1.5 SEASONS!

In fact, he got stuffed in short yardage earlier that same game.

Don't revise history. Won't work. We're fans too. We watched the game too.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichek himself says it was the right call. Bill sold out in their jumbo pkg, and they were all out there to do ONE thing, stop Marshawn. Marshawn had been stoppable in short yardage, not just that game, but for 1.5 SEASONS!

In fact, he got stuffed in short yardage earlier that same game.

Don't revise history. Won't work. We're fans too. We watched the game too.
Once again, I was responding to Flyerhawk being willing to give credit for the Super Bowl win and not crediting him for the loss. You don't get to pick and choose when to give credit and not give credit when the team is ultimately responsible for the outcome; not one guy. You can continue to troll my posts with another member on here just fine, but please read the posts before criticizing for the sake of criticizing.

For the record, I'll revise whatever the hell I want to revise. If you don't like it your more than welcome to not pay attention to my posts.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First I'm not crediting Bevell for the Super Bowl win. Football is a team sport. He was one part of a team that won a Super Bowl. Secondly YOU were the one who attempted to claim that Bevell single handedly was the cause of the loss because of one play which is even more ridiculous.

My comment was in response to a poster's continual attempt to blame Bevell for EVERYTHING that goes wrong with this team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im using wizards logic against him. You cant deem the OC innocent of all blame, then blame THE ONE PLAYER he really coaches. Thats on him too.

Wilson isnt the problem, but if he is making repeated mental mistakes thats the reaponsibility of the OC to help him fix the mistakes.

The blame shifting is ridiculous
Amazing you can say this rubbish with a straight face.

Show me where I've ever absolved Bevell of anything that was actually his fault. I'll wait for those links.

I'm not sure how much more clearly you can be told something and still be this far off from understanding.

Bevell has made his share of mistakes. Said that oh, dozens of times?

This is about YOU and your ilk not actually understanding what football is and where blame lies play to play. Every single thing wrong on this team is Bevell to you. 100% of it. If they changed him out they win 10 straight SB's right? :L

Does the offensive line impact the overall ability for that team to move the ball and score? That's a simple yes/no question.
Did losing Lynch add to the decline in productivity?
Who is responsible for drafting/trading for the actual players on that unit?
Do you think you have the ability to know when a play is ran whether or not Wilson checked out of what was called and made the right choice in doing so? Because former players will tell you they don't know what his calls at the line are without being at the line. I guess YOU have some special communications from your couch.
How can you not EVER put any responsibility for plays on the players themselves? Does that mean you take the top coach in the game and they can get the 9'er offense to score 30/game with the current staff they have?

You aren't succeeding at using anything against anyone. All you EVER do is continue to show how little you know about football. And it's quite glaring.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'Blame.' Meh. Move on.

If it had been out of left field, then I'd agree, but there were REASONS why they called what they called. In the chess match that is every NFL game, this goes on constantly. Sometimes the other guys win the play.

Again, the consensus best coach in forever, BB, said it was a good call.

Unfortunately Browner and Butler were the only two guys in the stadium who'd been coached to see something different, guessed right, and made a play for the ages.

Every other guy on the field for the Pats was expecting a Lynch run.

Now hit me with the 'BB is protecting the fraternity of coaches line of post facto reasoning.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I was responding to Flyerhawk being willing to give credit for the Super Bowl win and not crediting him for the loss. You don't get to pick and choose when to give credit and not give credit when the team is ultimately responsible for the outcome; not one guy. You can continue to troll my posts with another member on here just fine, but please read the posts before criticizing for the sake of criticizing.

For the record, I'll revise whatever the hell I want to revise. If you don't like it your more than welcome to not pay attention to my posts.

For the record, I'm not REALLY saying don't post (and you fucking know that), I'm disagreeing with you, just like you're disagreeing with me. So cut the sanctimonious woe is me bullshit and put on your big-boy pants.

For the sake of criticising?

that's fucking rich.

And it's possible, POSSIBLE that I'm being a bit unfair in conflating your posting in this thread with some of your comrades, but I'm in a shitty mood today.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is offensive execution.
It's actually a combination of things including the overall Carroll mindset of don't take risky chances. If you aren't willing to risk a turnover in the redzone you end up not being that effective.

Save it though, their kind can only blame Bevell. Carroll is a saint. Wilson is flawless, or it's bevell's fault if he does mess up. Everything is always 100% about Bevell.

I honestly have never seen any other fan base as obsessed over the wrong things as those Seahawk fans that keep banging the fire Bevell drum over and over. It really is frustrating.

Last edited:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I'm not crediting Bevell for the Super Bowl win. Football is a team sport. He was one part of a team that won a Super Bowl. Secondly YOU were the one who attempted to claim that Bevell single handedly was the cause of the loss because of one play which is even more ridiculous.

My comment was in response to a poster's continual attempt to blame Bevell for EVERYTHING that goes wrong with this team.
How dare you use caps when referring to me!!! All good, I was saying he single handedly cost us the super bowl if he was the one that won us the one in the previous year. The point was missed and continued far longer than necessary.

My personal opinion of the guy isn't very positive, but by no means can he be blamed for everything. Last time I checked we have a majority of our cap tied up in a defense that allowed 36 to the Falcons and had zero answers for them. Not to take away from Atlanta and their performance, but our defense is as much to blame as Bevell or even Brian Schneider for the lack of discipline on special teams.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I'm not REALLY saying don't post (and you fucking know that), I'm disagreeing with you, just like you're disagreeing with me. So cut the sanctimonious woe is me bullshit and put on your big-boy pants.

For the sake of criticising?

that's fucking rich.

And it's possible, POSSIBLE that I'm being a bit unfair in conflating your posting in this thread with some of your comrades, but I'm in a shitty mood today.
All good, shitty moods happen. Just don't ever question my big boy pants, I always have those on!