• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll on Darrell Bevell

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bevell gets far too much criticism.

I won't be super sad if Cable goes. I don't think he is a bad coach at all but I do wonder how much we expect him to create wine out of vinegar.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question i want answered is, why are we so bad in the redzone? If its not bevell, what is it?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question i want answered is, why are we so bad in the redzone? If its not bevell, what is it?

Could be Russell too... Can't exclude him... For some reason, RW just chooses not to throw Grahams' direction that often...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't be super sad if Cable goes. I don't think he is a bad coach at all but I do wonder how much we expect him to create wine out of vinegar.

:agree:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the very worst offensive line in all of pro football and keep wanting to put lack of production on the guy calling plays, not the players that can't execute them.

And for the millionth time, Carroll wants as conservative of an offense as he can get. No risks. None. Bevell gives him exactly what he asks for which is why he's so high on the guy.

If you want a prolific offense you have no choice but to get rid of Carroll. Period.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a follow up I'll add why do you think they score so much easier from behind?

When Bevell is given the green light to open it up they do quite well. Outstanding in fact. It's proof he can call down field plays just fine. He normally isn't allowed to do so unless they are behind and have no other alternative. That's 100% Carroll.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whomever replaces Cable will have the same problems with that O-Line.

Schneider and Carroll need to step up their game and get NFL caliber lineman to protect Wilson.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever replaces Cable will have the same problems with that O-Line.

Schneider and Carroll need to step up their game and get NFL caliber lineman to protect Wilson.

I think that JS/PC/TC or whomever is our OL coach next year will need to determine whether they are better off sticking with this unit and letting cohesion improve them or tearing it apart. I honestly don't know the answer to that.

IMO, if they give up on George Fant after one season then I think that is a real indictment on how they have been going about things.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Mike Sando to where he looks at both the offense & defense the past four seasons.

C2Yn7LzUoAAPkPj.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Mike Sando to where he looks at both the offense & defense the past four seasons.

C2Yn7LzUoAAPkPj.jpg
That supports quite nicely both the defense of Bevell and indictment of Richard.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that JS/PC/TC or whomever is our OL coach next year will need to determine whether they are better off sticking with this unit and letting cohesion improve them or tearing it apart. I honestly don't know the answer to that.

IMO, if they give up on George Fant after one season then I think that is a real indictment on how they have been going about things.

It sounds like Carroll wants to keep this group intact for next season and probably beyond. That doesn't mean that they won't bring anyone in to push these guys, but for the first time in a while, it doesn't look like we're going to be doing the Offensive Line Shuffle this year. That might not be what some people want to hear, but at some point they were going to have to pick five guys and let them grow together.

Pete Carroll happy with progress on offensive line, seems content not to change anything

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grow for how long? Is it going to be 3-4 more years until they can pass protect without looking more like the keystone cops? :noidea:

:burt:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense improved by 10 yards and more 16+ passes because we passed a LOT more the last 2 years.

Everything else was worse, including TDs. Not sure how this proves bevell is any good.

A caller on kjr had a great point about bevell, he had a great OL during his tenure in minny and the only good season he had was with brett favre. Then he got fired.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that stands out though, vs Detroit MAN we were running the rock, 38 rushing attempts... Vs Atlanta, who doesn't have a good run defense, 21 rushing attempts.... We seem to give up on the running right away if it's not working... I"m more concerned with the defense right now anyway, we have issues right now on that side of the ball... O-line is an obvious concern...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The holding penalty and ifedi leaving were the death knell. After that, it was all over

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that stands out though, vs Detroit MAN we were running the rock, 38 rushing attempts... Vs Atlanta, who doesn't have a good run defense, 21 rushing attempts.... We seem to give up on the running right away if it's not working... I"m more concerned with the defense right now anyway, we have issues right now on that side of the ball... O-line is an obvious concern...

The Hawks did run the ball against Atlanta - but the game got away from them. They ran the ball 18 time to 14 with less than half the 3rd quarter to go. They were just down too much and not making enough headway fast enough to continue to run 60% of the time.

That called back punt return really hurt. Not only is it at least a 5 point swing - but momentum swung sharply into Atlanta's favor. TOP before safety - Sea 12:19 Atl 8:09. After safety - Sea 14:22 Atl 25:10. Just about everything fell apart right there - and it wasn't until the 3rd quarter before Seattle started to show any signs of coming back from it - but they were already down 26-10 by then.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense improved by 10 yards and more 16+ passes because we passed a LOT more the last 2 years.

Everything else was worse, including TDs. Not sure how this proves bevell is any good.

A caller on kjr had a great point about bevell, he had a great OL during his tenure in minny and the only good season he had was with brett favre. Then he got fired.

He had a garbage quarterback outside of the years with Favre.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a garbage quarterback outside of the years with Favre.

Bevell believed in turdvaris, enough to bring him here. Bevell gets such a pass from people its ridiculous. Turdvaris and harvin were all on him, those were his guys and both busted horribly for us.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell believed in turdvaris, enough to bring him here. Bevell gets such a pass from people its ridiculous. Turdvaris and harvin were all on him, those were his guys and both busted horribly for us.

Jackson was a serviceable backup. What were his other options?

Seems like you want to blame Bevell for everything wrong with the team. As usual.