• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll on Darrell Bevell

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell believed in turdvaris, enough to bring him here. Bevell gets such a pass from people its ridiculous. Turdvaris and harvin were all on him, those were his guys and both busted horribly for us.

I'm no Bevell apologist, but how in the hell was he supposed to craft a decent offense with Jackson at QB??? The next hot read he checks to versus a blitz will be his first. Yes he was brought here in 2011, probably largely because of familiarity with Bevell. And at the time I yelled and yelled against the move (ask any of the fellow KFFL refugees, I was fairly insufferable on the point). But looking back, I'm okay with the move for what it was, a bridge year QB, not as a true starter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Bevell apologist, but how in the hell was he supposed to craft a decent offense with Jackson at QB??? The next hot read he checks to versus a blitz will be his first. Yes he was brought here in 2011, probably largely because of familiarity with Bevell. And at the time I yelled and yelled against the move (ask any of the fellow KFFL refugees, I was fairly insufferable on the point). But looking back, I'm okay with the move for what it was, a bridge year QB, not as a true starter.

Jackson was brought in because the CBA was about to get blown up and we weren't about to get any decent QB. We didn't exactly sit on our haunches regarding QB afterwards.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is simply that bevell has failed repeatedly, failed bringing in turdvaris, failed bringing in harvin, HIS GUYS. Without bevell here theres no way we make either of those moves.

We go out and get shiny toys for bevell and he still cant figure it out. Wasted harvin, wasted graham. Im twrrified at what genius trade they might come up with next

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is simply that bevell has failed repeatedly, failed bringing in turdvaris, failed bringing in harvin, HIS GUYS. Without bevell here theres no way we make either of those moves.

We go out and get shiny toys for bevell and he still cant figure it out. Wasted harvin, wasted graham. Im twrrified at what genius trade they might come up with next

Did he fail when we won the Super Bowl?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know how this works, start at your conclusion and work backwards, ignoring all evidence that doesn't support.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a failure when he single handedly lost the second of back to back super bowls.

Right, because we've seen a LOT of those in the last 20 years.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks did run the ball against Atlanta - but the game got away from them. They ran the ball 18 time to 14 with less than half the 3rd quarter to go. They were just down too much and not making enough headway fast enough to continue to run 60% of the time.

That called back punt return really hurt. Not only is it at least a 5 point swing - but momentum swung sharply into Atlanta's favor. TOP before safety - Sea 12:19 Atl 8:09. After safety - Sea 14:22 Atl 25:10. Just about everything fell apart right there - and it wasn't until the 3rd quarter before Seattle started to show any signs of coming back from it - but they were already down 26-10 by then.

That called back punt return was MASSIVE, what was it like an 84 yard penalty ?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did Bevel fail with Harvin when he was injured for 11 weeks during our Super Bowl season? :L :L :L

Triple Face Palm for you, sir.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson was brought in because the CBA was about to get blown up and we weren't about to get any decent QB. We didn't exactly sit on our haunches regarding QB afterwards.

Right, hence my saying I accept it for what it was now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense improved by 10 yards and more 16+ passes because we passed a LOT more the last 2 years.

Everything else was worse, including TDs. Not sure how this proves bevell is any good.

A caller on kjr had a great point about bevell, he had a great OL during his tenure in minny and the only good season he had was with brett favre. Then he got fired.
And yet some of you claim the proof he's an idiot is how well they play when they are behind and let Wilson loose right? Those late game TD's they seem to find such ease with compared to the rest of the game is entirely and completely on Carroll for not letting the offense run wide open. When given the chance to play a more open style the team does quite well. Not on Bevell in any way.

I don't know anyone that has said Bevell is the greatest OC in the league. To you if you defend any of the just plain old stupidity brought up against him it automatically means you think he never does anything wrong. No one has ever given him a free pass. Of course there are calls I don't care for and he has missed on players or failed to find ways of using some of his tools to their fullest extent, but a lot of what you claim is on him is really on Carroll, Wilson specifically, and the rest of the players on that offense.

Wilson checks out of plays into bad ones or fails to adjust the protection or makes poor decisions in the pocket and you blame Bevell. Every single time. The line fails to do their job and a solid run play ends up as a negative and that is all on Bevell.

Wake the fuck up and see the rest of the team for their roles in whatever holes this team has on offense. There is a lot of blame to be spread around. Simply changing OC won't fix the other 80% of the problems on that unit. And could make things worse as that unit attempts to adapt to a new person and their scheme. It almost certainly would get worse before it had any chance to get better because those same players are still there doing the same dumb things.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, by its very nature, competitive sports is an endeavor where you WILL fail.

The other guys make plays too. Sometimes the other coach makes a better call. Sometimes luck rears its head.

You could be the bastard child of Bill Belichek, Vince Lombardi, and Bill Walsh, and you WILL fail some of the time.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet some of you claim the proof he's an idiot is how well they play when they are behind and let Wilson loose right? Those late game TD's they seem to find such ease with compared to the rest of the game is entirely and completely on Carroll for not letting the offense run wide open. When given the chance to play a more open style the team does quite well. Not on Bevell in any way.

I don't know anyone that has said Bevell is the greatest OC in the league. To you if you defend any of the just plain old stupidity brought up against him it automatically means you think he never does anything wrong. No one has ever given him a free pass. Of course there are calls I don't care for and he has missed on players or failed to find ways of using some of his tools to their fullest extent, but a lot of what you claim is on him is really on Carroll, Wilson specifically, and the rest of the players on that offense.

Wilson checks out of plays into bad ones or fails to adjust the protection or makes poor decisions in the pocket and you blame Bevell. Every single time. The line fails to do their job and a solid run play ends up as a negative and that is all on Bevell.

Wake the fuck up and see the rest of the team for their roles in whatever holes this team has on offense. There is a lot of blame to be spread around. Simply changing OC won't fix the other 80% of the problems on that unit. And could make things worse as that unit attempts to adapt to a new person and their scheme. It almost certainly would get worse before it had any chance to get better because those same players are still there doing the same dumb things.

His constant complaining has actually stifled legitimate complaints about Bevell, as to bring up even a small negative to Bevell's performance is to invite 3 pages of this same garbage. He has successfully shut down any real criticism of Bevell over the last 2 years.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The offense was largely irrelevent.

As far as criticism of bevell, he is untouchable for the most part. If we lose, its the defense, its wilson, its carroll, its anyone but bevell.

If wilson is making bad decisions, bevell is his coach he is responsible for preparing his qb.

Arguably wilson would be better under a better OC.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably wilson would be better under a better OC.

See, you're making progress. Bravo.

Of course the key is the second better in your sentence. Gotta' make sure that we get someone better.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no, the offense wasn't 'irrelevant' in the Superbowl. The first half the game was still eminently in reach for Denver. One play could've turned it. Lynch was invisible. Who moved the chains and put points on the board ? That was Wilson. Nothing spectacular, just completions for first downs, setting up FG's and making sure Denver had to abandon the run.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, you're making progress. Bravo.

Of course the key is the second better in your sentence. Gotta' make sure that we get someone better.

Im using wizards logic against him. You cant deem the OC innocent of all blame, then blame THE ONE PLAYER he really coaches. Thats on him too.

Wilson isnt the problem, but if he is making repeated mental mistakes thats the reaponsibility of the OC to help him fix the mistakes.

The blame shifting is ridiculous

And no, the offense wasn't 'irrelevant' in the Superbowl. The first half the game was still eminently in reach for Denver. One play could've turned it. Lynch was invisible. Who moved the chains and put points on the board ? That was Wilson. Nothing spectacular, just completions for first downs, setting up FG's and making sure Denver had to abandon the run.

Defense and special teams scored 16 points. More than enough to win the game. Dont forget the iffense started with the standard slow start scoring FGs on the first two drives.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a failure when he single handedly lost the second of back to back super bowls.

Yeah I agree. I can't believe that he missed that block on Browner, failed to gain position on Butler, and threw the interception to Butler. He clearly single handedly failed and lost the game we were winning by 10 points with 8 minutes left in the game.