• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2016 Recruiting Thread

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBU I gave you your first like. Because I like/love your post ^^^

PSU Lets dominate the country!!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a matter of time till Miles Sanders is a 5 star. His offer list has blown up. All the Big Boys in SEC now in, but thankfully he's all PSU. This kid is the best RB we've recruited in a wile. He and Barkley are going to be best 2-headed monster since Enis/Harris....different styles than those 2, but more talented.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring practice starts in a few days, expect business to pick up in recruiting again. Many top flight kids have visits scheduled to see practices and get a more personal visit with the staff. I'd expect a few more on board by end of BW game

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigtime commit in Connor McGovern #1 center in the Nation has pulled the trigger for PSU

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigtime commit in Connor McGovern #1 center in the Nation has pulled the trigger for PSU

Im reading that he is the nations #3 center but either way AWESOME commit for Penn State. Lets build one huge O-LINE.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im reading that he is the nations #3 center but either way AWESOME commit for Penn State. Lets build one huge O-LINE.
I think this one will bust things open a bit leading up to blue White game. Lots of visitors coming in for practices and more one on one time type visits with staff over Spring ball.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by his tweet, Trevon Diggs is planning on committing to us? I haven't seen Franklin's usual tweet so I guess this isn't official quite yet.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging by his tweet, Trevon Diggs is planning on committing to us? I haven't seen Franklin's usual tweet so I guess this isn't official quite yet.

We keep loading up on 4 star WR's. Would be another nice pick up.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs is very high on PSU, but they are waiting for his grades to come in at the end of the year. If everything is in order, we have a good shot. He has visited there A LOT and really likes our staff. BTW, he could very well end up in the secondary at PSU, should he choose here.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another BIG weekend of high profile visitors this week. Could see another we are better tweet. Looks like McGovern is going to enroll early as well, nice bonus. Hopefully Sanders can as well. I know he's mentioned wanting too

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, this weekend has turned from a few really good players coming into town to see practice to a ton of very high end recruits in town for another junior day. Hopefully another We Are....Better or 2 come out this weekend

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ton of talent made it to PSU today and we appear to be in great shape with pretty much all of them. Ws funny to see Pitt 247 writer lash out at WPIAL recruits on twitter who were saying very positive things about PSU

LOL, one of them has a brother on Pitt hoops team and was saying how bad PSU stadium crushes Pitts and several others were saying PSU just feels right and Chris Dokish tweets how he didn't like their attitudes and hopes they don't come to Pitt....yeah, taht's brilliant strategy

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you LBU but I love that strategy :yes:

21 days until B&W and looks like some of these guys are ready to pull the trigger. I suspect once it starts to rain it will come pouring with commits :2cents:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you LBU but I love that strategy :yes:

21 days until B&W and looks like some of these guys are ready to pull the trigger. I suspect once it starts to rain it will come pouring with commits :2cents:

Anytime you can get top talent on campus, you take it. Kids are going crazy raving about it on twitter as well. Looks like the WPIAL contingent, Hamlin, Ford, Hudson, Hainsey, Sanders along with Simmons are staying the night. Probably more, but those guys have all tweeted that they are. I think we'll get a flurry between now and just after Blue White, then another in summer around when HS seasons are to start and wait out some very big fish to fill it out.

Franklin certainly knows what the hell he's doing when it comes to recruiting. This si exactly what I expected when he was hired and knew we were about to go on a fun ride.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime you can get top talent on campus, you take it. Kids are going crazy raving about it on twitter as well. Looks like the WPIAL contingent, Hamlin, Ford, Hudson, Hainsey, Sanders along with Simmons are staying the night. Probably more, but those guys have all tweeted that they are. I think we'll get a flurry between now and just after Blue White, then another in summer around when HS seasons are to start and wait out some very big fish to fill it out.

Franklin certainly knows what the hell he's doing when it comes to recruiting. This si exactly what I expected when he was hired and knew we were about to go on a fun ride.

1) Get the commitment
2) Keep the commitment to signing day
3) Play the commitment

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sandusky mess and its memory has dissipated into the past and it is good to see PSU having talent WANTING to come to the campus considering PSU a legit place to play football. Part of this is due to the fact that Sandusky's appeal was denied because his entered evidence was so thin that the judge threw out the appeal before it went anywhere. Everyone gets that this monster was indeed guilty and kids get that and are beginning to show up in greater numbers because that whole nightmare is indeed dead.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sandusky mess and its memory has dissipated into the past and it is good to see PSU having talent WANTING to come to the campus considering PSU a legit place to play football. Part of this is due to the fact that Sandusky's appeal was denied because his entered evidence was so thin that the judge threw out the appeal before it went anywhere. Everyone gets that this monster was indeed guilty and kids get that and are beginning to show up in greater numbers because that whole nightmare is indeed dead.

Franklin being one of the best in the business and surrounding himself with a staff who are all monster recruiters doesn't hurt. PSU sells itself, stadium, fanbase, facilities, education, tradition, etc. The Sandusky scandal hurt most with sanctions, there were very few kids who were swayed away because of Sandusky and what he did. O'Brien also did a great job distancing from it. Once the NCAA made us whole on scholarships again we were on our way back to top, the bowl games back is gravy.

Penn State is a HOT name among recruits again, its an offer they all want, a place they all will visit and a place many of them fall in love with because it, along with Franklin, exceeds their expectations.

The program is in a very good place right now, B1G on a huge upswing public perspective wise with OSU win, Franklin's buzz, Harbaugh buzz and MSU recent success. Our coach and staff are tireless recruiters/promoters of program and are also doing necessary upgrades to facilities to run with the elite programs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, LBU. I spent 8 years in University Park and I was there when they renovated the stadium all with private money and when they were adding a number of new buildings on campus to get the campus in-line with the 21 century. I was also there when the Sandusky mess was unfolding so yea, PSU has done a magnificent job in distancing itself from all that was about that horrific event. That hard work is beginning to reap major dividends as you have stated.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, LBU. I spent 8 years in University Park and I was there when they renovated the stadium all with private money and when they were adding a number of new buildings on campus to get the campus in-line with the 21 century. I was also there when the Sandusky mess was unfolding so yea, PSU has done a magnificent job in distancing itself from all that was about that horrific event. That hard work is beginning to reap major dividends as you have stated.

Yeah, Franklin is now renovating the practice facilities and locker rooms much like Oregon's setup, kids are very excited over it. They are also updating the press box for the 70's. Having been in that area many times, I don't find it hard to believe its been that long since they touched it. So outdated and poorly laid out

Its an exciting time to be a PSU fan, OSU winning that title helps as well with kids realizing they don't need to head south for a shot at the National title.....and hell, every recruit in attendance saw us beat them last year, but the zebras bailed them out over and over again.