• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2016 Recruiting Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Ohio State and the refs bailing them out. They have been doing that for decades.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Ohio State and the refs bailing them out. They have been doing that for decades.
I was amazed to see they were called for a grand total of ZERO holds during the regular season. That is just bullshit right there

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it is. I am convinced that Ohio State and the refs association have a covert pact and it wreaks of corruption.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumblings that we could be in a fight to keep Lavert Hill on board, Michigan making a big push. His brother plays there. Hope he stays on board, but one place we are not hurting is CB and the board is deep with players on same level. Hopefully Hamlin pulls trigger soon and we land McPhearson.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree LBU. I wonder if McPhearson is having second thoughts.

I think we lead very comfortably for McPhearson. His brother was a 3 star walk on this class ranked higher than 3 of Pitts actual recruits :-) Only thing with him is the fact he could opt to play baseball instead if he were drafted high enough. He wants to play both if he comes to PSU and has been given the OK.

Again, I'd hate to lose Hill, but CB is a deep crop and we are in good shape with much of the cream of that crop in our region.

If this were our only QB or an OL/DL recruit I'd be more concerned.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is VERY good news. I think this one will end soon and in PSU favor. HUGE get, one of best OT in nation and we continue to DOMINATE THE STATE

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OL Michal Menet tweeted out that this top two schools are <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PennState?src=hash">#PennState</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Duke?src=hash">#Duke</a>.</p>&mdash; Ryan Snyder (@RivalsSnyder) <a href="">April 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Menet thing comes on heels of his parents stopping by on their own last weekend to watch practice and see the coaches

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 4 star CB Zech McPherson committed during the blue white game. Brother is a walk on WR. Good player and a bit of insurance if Hill doesn't end up in Happy Valley.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read LBU!

His mom is very pro PSU on twitter as well. replied to a post saying too bad he couldn't take all 5 official visits to PSU.

She said, that's exactly what they were thinking as well.
Looks like 4 star CB Zech McPherson committed during the blue white game. Brother is a walk on WR. Good player and a bit of insurance if Hill doesn't end up in Happy Valley.

He committed after, but yeah, he was a surprise visitor. He was supposed to be playing baseball this weekend. Word was out early in day he was committing, but didn't go public till later in evening.

Think we may get another 1 or 2 this weekend.....maybe our first 2017.

Also don't think he's insurance, kid had offers from OSU, Bama and several other bigtime programs, he's a plan A kid. We would take all 3 of Hill, Hamlin and ZMac if all want in.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His mom is very pro PSU on twitter as well. replied to a post saying too bad he couldn't take all 5 official visits to PSU.

She said, that's exactly what they were thinking as well.

He committed after, but yeah, he was a surprise visitor. He was supposed to be playing baseball this weekend. Word was out early in day he was committing, but didn't go public till later in evening.

Think we may get another 1 or 2 this weekend.....maybe our first 2017.

Also don't think he's insurance, kid had offers from OSU, Bama and several other bigtime programs, he's a plan A kid. We would take all 3 of Hill, Hamlin and ZMac if all want in.

Didn't mean to imply he was a plan B guy, He's a very good player. I meant that if Hill does eventually flip somewhere else, we have other quality DBs in this class and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just another reason why Shane Simmons is awesome. this is his opening camp entry

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It&#39;s so hard to list the colleges.&#10;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeAre?src=hash">#WeAre</a> <a href="http://t.co/HIlvJhqTfJ">pic.twitter.com/HIlvJhqTfJ</a></p>&mdash; Shane Simmons (@Shizzeee_) <a href="">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to say what happened tonight with Miles is hilarious. I know he may decommit down the road which is what it is. Like it's been stated we will win some big names and lose some. My thing is the fact that you had people saying he decommitted without any proof is comical.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to say what happened tonight with Miles is hilarious. I know he may decommit down the road which is what it is. Like it's been stated we will win some big names and lose some. My thing is the fact that you had people saying he decommitted without any proof is comical.

yeah, he wants to take visits, which staff is aware of and doesn't like, but what can you do. Pitt writers are over zealous and make a lot of shit up. One went as far as saying Terry smith called the Hs coach at 6:30PM to see what PSU did wrong and if they were still in it...LOL, come on. Again, this same kid reported that Franklin and Smith were thrown out of and banned from Woody high 2 weeks prior to Sanders committing. If he is taking visits, I hope we start hosting RB's. Staff has been true to him not recruiting any others, but if he's looking, we should be all over guys like Kareem Walker. Really hope he sticks because I like his game, but we'll be fine either way.

Sopunds like his HS coach is encouraging him to visit and push him towards Pitt, but sounds like mom is in PSU corner, which unlike the Wimbush suitation where mom was working with coach for ND.

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we may be in very good position to land #2 overall ILB Brendan Ferns.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles Sanders puts that rumor to bed

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am Penn State Strong and I am a man of my word, My Heart is with Penn State <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeAre?src=hash">#WeAre</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/107kStrong?src=hash">#107kStrong</a> ⚪️</p>&mdash; Ⓜ️iles Sanders (@BoobieMiles_4) <a href="">May 6, 2015</a></blockquote>