• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2016 Recruiting Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Rashan Gary will be in town this weekend for the game. Hopefully the staff can make an impression.

yeah, that is HUGE, especially with all the high end talent on hand along with the current commits. Really wish Simmons could be there to work on him, but they play Saturday.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Zembiec pulled the trigger. Solid pickup, but I think I would have preferred Haskins.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Trevon Diggs was up AGAIN over the weekend.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Trevon Diggs was up AGAIN over the weekend.

Would love to land him. Good player plus it would really be a slap in the face to Maryland. I like our chances too, he posted a picture with Hack saying that he was his favourite QB in college football.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to land him. Good player plus it would really be a slap in the face to Maryland. I like our chances too, he posted a picture with Hack saying that he was his favourite QB in college football.

yeah, he's been here A LOT and i saw the pic with Hack. I'm sure Miles Sanders was working on him over the weekend as well. He was up for practice too.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, he's been here A LOT and i saw the pic with Hack. I'm sure Miles Sanders was working on him over the weekend as well. He was up for practice too.

This should probably go in the 2015 thread but whatever. I saw that the staff has had multiple in home visits with Ricky DeBerry, I know he had some interest but I thought there were a few schools ahead of us. I know he has some family ties to PSU as well, you think we can make a last minute swoop and land him? Would be a huge get.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE weekend coming up. A bunch of select 2016/17 kids are coming in for visits and our 3 commits for 16 will be there as well. this is nt an official junior day, just trying to get some select guys more one on one time and personal feel as opposed to the huge junior day in February. think we may get a we are....better tweet this weekend....stay tuned

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first one from this weekend for 16 is in. Stud CB LaVert Hill from Michigan has jumped on board. 4 star with offers from OSU, Michigan and many others

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first one from this weekend for 16 is in. Stud CB LaVert Hill from Michigan has jumped on board. 4 star with offers from OSU, Michigan and many others

This one was a bit of a surprise to me. Definitely gonna have to fight to keep him. Can't lie though, the thought of possibly bringing in CB classes with Taylor and Reid for 15, Hill and Hamlin for 16 and Wade and Ford for 17 makes me very excited. Also, LBU any more predictions for this weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was a bit of a surprise to me. Definitely gonna have to fight to keep him. Can't lie though, the thought of possibly bringing in CB classes with Taylor and Reid for 15, Hill and Hamlin for 16 and Wade and Ford for 17 makes me very excited. Also, LBU any more predictions for this weekend?

Hill was actually on commit watch. Apparently favored us for a while. Yeah, those 3 classes in a row would be nice, but WVU will be fight for the last 2. I think we get Hamlin sooner than later. Think we get 1-2 more by end of weekend. This class is off and running now

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the scoop on 6'5 345lbs OT Richard Merritt and why we haven't offered him a scholly?

Do you guys see us trying to flip Gamecocks commit Brandon McIlwain?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the scoop on 6'5 345lbs OT Richard Merritt and why we haven't offered him a scholly?

Do you guys see us trying to flip Gamecocks commit Brandon McIlwain?

Thought Merritt had an offer. If not he will. We are in on a ton of OL like Menet, McGovern, Boudreaux,Williams, Davis.

As far as McLwain, I doubt it. He has family there and may end up going pro baseball route anyhow. We will stay on Haskins and a few others.

Junior weekend feb 28, look for some to pop then.....Hamlin could be on commit watch

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats everyones predictions on o-line this season? Please don't beat me up to bad on my placement of guys.

LT Paris Palmer
LG Angelo Mangiro
C Wendy Laurent / Kevin Reihner
RG Andrew Nelson
RT Brandon Mahon

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats everyones predictions on o-line this season? Please don't beat me up to bad on my placement of guys.

LT Paris Palmer
LG Angelo Mangiro
C Wendy Laurent / Kevin Reihner
RG Andrew Nelson
RT Brandon Mahon

think you're pretty close, I'd predict.

Palmer
Mangiro
Reihner
Gaia/Nahon
Nelson

Also have more depth with guys like Sorrell, Beh, laurent and whoever loses the starting guard spot. Also, don't rule out another grad transfer. They were upset they found out so late they had the extra ships. The only reason they quit recruiting Juco Howell was they thought they were full

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we getting any commits? Its been awhile since our last 2016 commit and hoping Franklin hasn't lost his touch. LOL

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we getting any commits? Its been awhile since our last 2016 commit and hoping Franklin hasn't lost his touch. LOL

LOL, BIG junior day next weekend, I'd expect the avalanche of Spring commits to start then. A lot of kids scheduled to be up for Spring practices to get a more personal attention type visit as well.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Rashan Gary be attending next weeks PSU Junior Day Party or is it strictly for Jr's only? Who are the big stars that will be attending?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Rashan Gary be attending next weeks PSU Junior Day Party or is it strictly for Jr's only? Who are the big stars that will be attending?

Gary IS a Jr, but I don't think he's scheduled to be there. Believe he is slated to be up for a spring practice and get a more personal visit.

Off teh top of my head, some of the bigger names Menet, Ellison Jordan, Terrell Hall, Josh Ball, steve smothers, Donnie Corley (teammate of commit Lavert Hill), Shaka toney, Khaleke Hudson, a bunch of others as well as some high end 17 players. Simmons, Miles and Hill will be there from our current commits, wouldn't be surprised to see Zemeic show up as well. List keeps growing every day on twitter.

Guy i really want to see make it is Diaboute, but think he may be like Gary and Cary Angeline with the practice visit

**Update - list for this coming weekend already over 50 players**