• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2016 Recruiting Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zembiec back for ANOTHER visit on September 27, think he may finally pull trigger since the one person who can shut him out, McLLwain said he will decide at end of his season

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some big time prospects from the DMV had some good things to say about Penn State after their visits for the UMASS game yesterday. Shaq Smith and Jauan Williams both had some very positive things to say about us yesterday and it looks like we're going to be a player for both. Two very good players.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some big time prospects from the DMV had some good things to say about Penn State after their visits for the UMASS game yesterday. Shaq Smith and Jauan Williams both had some very positive things to say about us yesterday and it looks like we're going to be a player for both. Two very good players.

Rahshaun Smith would be a massive pick up for us. Currently a 5 Star, #1 Ranked DE. Looks like it will come down between OSU and PSU.

Jauan Williams would really be nice for our o-line. Might need to add some weight but shouldn't be a problem with our strength and conditioning program plus all the food they want to bulk up. 6'6 270, 4 Star OT. 10th ranked OT in country.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahshaun Smith would be a massive pick up for us. Currently a 5 Star, #1 Ranked DE. Looks like it will come down between OSU and PSU.

Jauan Williams would really be nice for our o-line. Might need to add some weight but shouldn't be a problem with our strength and conditioning program plus all the food they want to bulk up. 6'6 270, 4 Star OT. 10th ranked OT in country.

Smith will end up at OLB or a hybrid OLB/DE, he's playing OLB this year in HS. Him along with Simmons and Hall would be a filthy haul at DE/hybrid DE-OLB

Williams has the frame to easily get to 300 in our weight program

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have asked before but not sure of response. How many more scholarships can we have this year? Asking we have 20 commits now, how many more till we are full (5)?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have asked before but not sure of response. How many more scholarships can we have this year? Asking we have 20 commits now, how many more till we are full (5)?

could oversign by 3 and grayshirt a few so 28 max, but I think we end up at the 25 mark unless someone huge we can't turn away wants in late

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 5 you see us getting? I still can believe we have 20 commits already and got most before week 1. The Penn State I know under Joe Pa got most of their commitments through Aug-January. It's new era with Franklin and it's exciting.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 5 you see us getting? I still can believe we have 20 commits already and got most before week 1. The Penn State I know under Joe Pa got most of their commitments through Aug-January. It's new era with Franklin and it's exciting.

Joe actually started the early commit craze, believe it or not. We had Lavar Arrington and Ron Graham locked up in February of their junior years.

No idea exactly what 5, but we'll know on Whitehead this weekend, I think we get Wilkins, then who knows....I think Bowers flips by mid November as well.

We''ll keep working guys like Burrell, DeBerry, Settle, Minkah etc....the OSU game will be a big weekend as we can show out best game atmosphere and hopefully play a great game.

Don't be surprised to see some new guys pop onto radar after their senior film is reviewed or we are able to offer kids committed elsewhere with the extra ships who wanted our offer earlier

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Shaq Smith is back this week. Visiting two weeks in a row is definitely good for us :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he isn't watching the game.

People put way too much stock into results of a game. He actually loved the way the D played and we are shooting up his list. He's been here 2 weeks in a row and is coming back for OSU. Fortunately these kids are more rational than most adults and see the big picture not hinge their decision on a single game result

We sit VERY well with Shaq....VERY well

McLean and Simmons were all over him, Whitehead and Zembiec Saturday.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shaq but he is very raw. Considering all defensive lineman in the class of 2015, I wouldn't be opposed to the staff at least evaluating the entirety of him junior film before accepting an offer. Especially since the class of 2016 is likely to be smaller.

I would have the same attitude towards WRs. It's very early and there are a ton of options for both positions.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shaq but he is very raw. Considering all defensive lineman in the class of 2015, I wouldn't be opposed to the staff at least evaluating the entirety of him junior film before accepting an offer. Especially since the class of 2016 is likely to be smaller.

I would have the same attitude towards WRs. It's very early and there are a ton of options for both positions.

He's not going to be a DE, he will be mostly OLB /hybrid DE at times. Also, we will get 23-25 in 16 as well, book it.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne Haskins tweeting some very pro PSU stuff since getting his offer. Looks like Holland and Mclean are all over him. Would be a really good get.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think we push harder for a quick 2016 QB commit due to the Wimbush decommit? To give our 2015 skill position players some peace of mind?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think we push harder for a quick 2016 QB commit due to the Wimbush decommit? To give our 2015 skill position players some peace of mind?

With so many high end QB prospects in our wheelhouse, we sit back and wait. i think we get Haskins or McLwain, Zembiec had his chance first, but I think Haskins is really high on us now.

Also, the list of visitors for OSU game....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::suds::

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many high end QB prospects in our wheelhouse, we sit back and wait. i think we get Haskins or McLwain, Zembiec had his chance first, but I think Haskins is really high on us now.

Also, the list of visitors for OSU game....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::suds::

Just saw the list and boy is there a lot of talent on there, especially for 2016. Atmosphere should be electric.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the list and boy is there a lot of talent on there, especially for 2016. Atmosphere should be electric.

Yeah, even if they just keep it close for a while, that place will be nuts. I know I'll do my part :hammer:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Rashan Gary will be in town this weekend for the game. Hopefully the staff can make an impression.