• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2016 Recruiting Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another commit may be in

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WE ARE BETTER !!!!!!!</p>&mdash; Shane Simmons (@Shizzeee_) <a href="">May 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Danny Dalton 4* TE from Massachusetts committed. Another nice get for Franklin and the staff. TE is going to be loaded in the future, hopefully Donovan can utilize them.

Also, anyone want to speculate on the next 5 or so commits? Obviously Menet is a name to keep an eye on but does anyone else have any guesses as to who might be next?

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Danny Dalton 4* TE from Massachusetts committed. Another nice get for Franklin and the staff. TE is going to be loaded in the future, hopefully Donovan can utilize them.

Also, anyone want to speculate on the next 5 or so commits? Obviously Menet is a name to keep an eye on but does anyone else have any guesses as to who might be next?

I'd say

Menet
Josh Ball
Rashad Wheeler
Andrew Pryts
Brendan Ferns

Most likely 5 to me, no particular order (Will Fries and Ellison jordan could be interchanged in there as well)

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say

Menet
Josh Ball
Rashad Wheeler
Andrew Pryts
Brendan Ferns

Most likely 5 to me, no particular order (Will Fries and Ellison jordan could be interchanged in there as well)

Can't wait for this class to get rolling. All those guys you listed would be nice gets. Ferns could definitely be the next great LB at LBU

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for this class to get rolling. All those guys you listed would be nice gets. Ferns could definitely be the next great LB at LBU

LOL, or it could be one from out of Left Field who was offered May 1 in Alex Gellerstedt OT Dublin Ohio, 3 star

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, or it could be one from out of Left Field who was offered May 1 in Alex Gellerstedt OT Dublin Ohio, 3 star
Just saw that as well. Pretty surprising, that guy wasn't even on my radar. Does bring up an interesting question though who is still a take at OT? Obviosuly Menet, but there are some other guys with offers like Fries, Ball, and Niang, I would assume they only take Menet plus one of those other guys, question is which one?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that as well. Pretty surprising, that guy wasn't even on my radar. Does bring up an interesting question though who is still a take at OT? Obviosuly Menet, but there are some other guys with offers like Fries, Ball, and Niang, I would assume they only take Menet plus one of those other guys, question is which one?

Think Niang was a plan B all along. I'd still put Ball and Fries as takes and Menet is a definite take no matter what. Who knows though, One of Fries/Ball could get squeezed now

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Niang was a plan B all along. I'd still put Ball and Fries as takes and Menet is a definite take no matter what. Who knows though, One of Fries/Ball could get squeezed now

I think O line will be a very interesting position for this cycle. Already have Gellerstedt and McGovern and I think we would take three more. I'm hoping those three are Menet, Ball and an interior guy. Lots of good interior guys with interest such as Davis, Onwenu, Boudreaux but I wouldn't think PSU would be considered the leader for any of them. Who do you think will round out the OL group this cycle?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Fries over Davis, Owenu would probably be a DT recruit, Boudreaux, we're still in it. I think Ball, Menet and Fries would be very nice haul....Fries or Menet can slide inside easily

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Fries over Davis, Owenu would probably be a DT recruit, Boudreaux, we're still in it. I think Ball, Menet and Fries would be very nice haul....Fries or Menet can slide inside easily

Agreed. I would be happy if the final three were Ball, Fries and Menet. Boudreaux would be a monster get but unfortunately I would say that Clemson is leading for him.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I would be happy if the final three were Ball, Fries and Menet. Boudreaux would be a monster get but unfortunately I would say that Clemson is leading for him.

I can guarantee Clemson is leading for him, but we are in his very top group. That's from someone as close as you can get without it being the actual kid saying it himself

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee Clemson is leading for him, but we are in his very top group. That's from someone as close as you can get without it being the actual kid saying it himself

Hopefully the staff can get him back on campus and make up some ground. P-Money is an absolute beast.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the staff can get him back on campus and make up some ground. P-Money is an absolute beast.

Would love to see it. I know he REALLY likes our staff and loves the campus, but Dabo is going to be very tough to beat here. Parker is also a great kid

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with Fries and Menet as well. A pretty stout O-line is slowly coming together. Should be interesting to see who lines up next fall.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michal Menet set to announce his college decision next Friday, May 29 at 3pm.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michal Menet is a Nittany Lion. MONSTER get for Franklin. This kid is a rare one who could play right away on OL and not be overmatched. Should be a very athletic guard for PSU.

Pushes us into top 10 classes with a higher per player ranking than Bama

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michal Menet is a Nittany Lion. MONSTER get for Franklin. This kid is a rare one who could play right away on OL and not be overmatched. Should be a very athletic guard for PSU.

Pushes us into top 10 classes with a higher per player ranking than Bama

6'7 270 monster and just wait till he gets into the PSU weight room :suds: Past 2 years Franklin has recruited guys I asked for, nasty Big offensive lineman. Protect the QB and the offense will succeed. Franklin and staff have great young TE,WR and OT and God if Hack stays for his senior year look out league.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'7 270 monster and just wait till he gets into the PSU weight room :suds: Past 2 years Franklin has recruited guys I asked for, nasty Big offensive lineman. Protect the QB and the offense will succeed. Franklin and staff have great young TE,WR and OT and God if Hack stays for his senior year look out league.

I could see Hack staying if this team continues to really improve and he's a Heisman favorite with team having chance at playoff. He could literally take them from brink of extinction to top in 4 years

Menet is the most polished lineman I can recall seeing in HS. If he can be at 290 by next summer when he enrolls, he could be playing in 2016

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Hack staying if this team continues to really improve and he's a Heisman favorite with team having chance at playoff. He could literally take them from brink of extinction to top in 4 years

Menet is the most polished lineman I can recall seeing in HS. If he can be at 290 by next summer when he enrolls, he could be playing in 2016

If Hack has a great year this season then I see him going to the NFL. If he has a so-so season I see him returning for senior year like Andrew Luck.