• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Payback PPV thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The convoluted interference and storyline stuff was distracting...

But damn, AJ put on a clinic... He's the most well-rounded in ring performer. The moveset, the athleticism, the psychology, the selling, the physicality.. he's like Hart, Michaels, Benoit and Rollins all rolled into one

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great to see Enzo doing ok (also, check Ownes twitter feed to see a pic of his kid's birthday cake. HOLY SHIT is that impressive)

Show was better on paper than actuality. Loved Zayn/KO and Miz/Cesaro and I like how it looks like they are tying them together for an IC title feud. We can get lots of entertainment out of that. Hated the Women's title match. The Screwjob thing is so played out and its not even remotely necessary. Hated Vince's announcement. It was a waste of time and I'm not sure I like the idea of weeks of sibling one upmanship if the results as similar to the AJ/Reigns match. That became eyerolling and distracting. AJ/Reigns itself was a good match, just could have done without the nonsense. There was just too much going on.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. IMO Heads are going to roll in the ring crew because i think someone tightened the ropes too much, to which caused AD21's injury (good to hear he's ok).

Here is more evidence to back up my theroy. I Remember watching the Kalisto/Ryback match. There was a spot where Kalisto (who i never seen botch a move) tries a corkscrew Plancha but he botches. Then look at :47 second mark of this video . Ropes are suppose to bend and shake. No bend and very little shake

Here is the Plancha @ the 118 mark

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The convoluted interference and storyline stuff was distracting...

But damn, AJ put on a clinic... He's the most well-rounded in ring performer. The moveset, the athleticism, the psychology, the selling, the physicality.. he's like Hart, Michaels, Benoit and Rollins all rolled into one

Yeah, thats all we hear, Roman has two moves. How many of those damned forearms did he hit, 7? it was like forearm city. Not impressed, really thought a guy that spurned the WWE for so long would have some ground to make up, not watch a 45 minute match with Styles hitting the same moves over and over.

Ok. IMO Heads are going to roll in the ring crew because i think someone tightened the ropes too much, to which caused AD21's injury (good to hear he's ok).

Here is more evidence to back up my theroy. I Remember watching the Kalisto/Ryback match. There was a spot where Kalisto (who i never seen botch a move) tries a corkscrew Plancha but he botches. Then look at :47 second mark of this video Ropes are suppose to bend and shake. No bend and very little shake

Well, they play for the main event, and I am sure they felt the ropes needed to be tighter for Styles to hit the repeat moves from the middle of the ropes. Its not like they can go out between matches and tighten them.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thats all we hear, Roman has two moves. How many of those damned forearms did he hit, 7? it was like forearm city. Not impressed, really thought a guy that spurned the WWE for so long would have some ground to make up, not watch a 45 minute match with Styles hitting the same moves over and over.

Well, they play for the main event, and I am sure they felt the ropes needed to be tighter for Styles to hit the repeat moves from the middle of the ropes. Its not like they can go out between matches and tighten them.

I get that but at what cost. Enzo could have been seriously injured.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why can't they tighten the ropes up in between events? They change the mats in between matches all the time. When they film Superstars before Raw, they change the ropes and side banners in between shows. It takes them like 10 minutes to do the whole thing.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but at what cost. Enzo could have been seriously injured.

I just cannot blame the ropes 100%, Enzo simply hit himself in the temple on that rope. It really looked like he was right between trying to slide out between the mat and first and between the first and second. Who the hell are those vaudvillians anyway? This was simply pushing talent that is not ready physically to the PPV mix, enzo since he has the sheep chanting in the arenas, more mic than wrestling talent.. There were no League of Nations sightings, no match for the usos, somehow these two nxt teams were the #1 contenders.

Really, think about what we saw, Reigns, Ryback, Jericho, Styles, Ambrose, a lame bret hart that just went thru prostrate surgeries who had a hard time even stepping over to put Flair on the sharp shooter, the real talent we want like sasha banks not in the title mix, the level of talent was really low and they pulled out a pretty good PPV.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cannot blame the ropes 100%, Enzo simply hit himself in the temple on that rope. It really looked like he was right between trying to slide out between the mat and first and between the first and second. Who the hell are those vaudvillians anyway? This was simply pushing talent that is not ready physically to the PPV mix, enzo since he has the sheep chanting in the arenas, more mic than wrestling talent.. There were no League of Nations sightings, no match for the usos, somehow these two nxt teams were the #1 contenders.

Really, think about what we saw, Reigns, Ryback, Jericho, Styles, Ambrose, a lame bret hart that just went thru prostrate surgeries who had a hard time even stepping over to put Flair on the sharp shooter, the real talent we want like sasha banks not in the title mix, the level of talent was really low and they pulled out a pretty good PPV.
League of Nations broke up.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant any of the league of nations guys. Rusev, Sheamus, ADR should have had a place on this card in some capacity.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"According to sources we have spoken with, Enzo Amore regained consciousness after being brought backstage last night. He was diagnosed with a pretty bad concussion and was released last night from the hospital but will be held out until he is cleared by WWE medical personnel." - PWInsider

Sounds like he'll be out several weeks at the very least.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything more played out that Montreal screwjob. It's brought up every time they even say his name or talk about the Hart family, just so unnecessary IMO. They could've had Flair cost the match then done the sharpshooters. Literally no storyline sense for it because theoretically it should set up another match but can't keep Sasha, Becky and Paige on the sidelines for another PPV.

Saw the Enzo thing, is he out or can he still do what SCSA did and just come out and talk. Seems like fans love his catch phrases and stuff but not very impressive from the little I have seen in the ring.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything more played out that Montreal screwjob. It's brought up every time they even say his name or talk about the Hart family, just so unnecessary IMO. They could've had Flair cost the match then done the sharpshooters. Literally no storyline sense for it because theoretically it should set up another match but can't keep Sasha, Becky and Paige on the sidelines for another PPV.

Saw the Enzo thing, is he out or can he still do what SCSA did and just come out and talk. Seems like fans love his catch phrases and stuff but not very impressive from the little I have seen in the ring.

Agree with the screwjob. In 1997, it was a real thing and timing had everything to do with it. Bret Hart was gone after that to WCW and he and HBK were the faces of WWF. This was just too fake.

Toward the end of Payback, Cole said test results showed Enzo suffered a concussion and all other tests came back negative. I said earlier I think Enzo is gold on the Mic but Cass is the in-ring guy. I don't think Vaudevillains are near as entertaining on the Mic but are great in-ring as both are good.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt it always the case that you hit a guy in the temple, he will get knocked out? I wish thats all they said it was, but now anyone has something happen above the neck its DB, Stone cold, and all the concussion talk and wondering how long the kid will last.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt it always the case that you hit a guy in the temple, he will get knocked out? I wish thats all they said it was, but now anyone has something happen above the neck its DB, Stone cold, and all the concussion talk and wondering how long the kid will last.

Yeah, I don't think a scan was needed got tell he had a concussion. But it sounds like he didn't have a TBI or spinal injury, which is great.

If I was him or WWE, I would consider if he should wrestle or be a manager. Get a partner for Cass and Am so b s the voice of them with limited action - kind of like Xavier Woods for New Day.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think a scan was needed got tell he had a concussion. But it sounds like he didn't have a TBI or spinal injury, which is great.

If I was him or WWE, I would consider if he should wrestle or be a manager. Get a partner for Cass and Am so b s the voice of them with limited action - kind of like Xavier Woods for New Day.

Yeah, I dont know, he can still perform. I am more worried they might start making the NXT guys wear helmets like mine.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enzo does have a Lou Albano vibe to him. That might work.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rusev and Shaemus are great charachters. ADR is a loose cannon and somewhat dangerous to the other wrestlers and Barrett is just plain awful. Those 2 can move on AFAIAC.