• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Packers at Lions

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it all filters down from Suh and Fairley.

Scheme and coaching. Nobody got behind the secondary all day. Rodgers had plenty of time to throw - the D Line wasn't really generating pressure - but everybody was covered. LBs were great all day too.

Guess the TV doesn't show everything.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was not the game I was expecting at all. Happy to see the Packers defense playing better... but Packers offense appears to be in the preseason yet.

Congrats to the Lions... better team won the game. Your DL really beat up our OL, do not think Rodgers was comfortable at all in pocket and Packers have no running game once again this season it appears. Starks had the most success running, and McCarthy stops using him... could not figure that out.

Good luck to the Lions rest of the way until final game of the season :suds:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember a Lions team that has been able to run out a clock! Far to lang they would turn the ball over and hope time ran out. That was great to see. power running and big first downs!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember a Lions team that has been able to run out a clock! Far to lang they would turn the ball over and hope time ran out. That was great to see. power running and big first downs!

People will complain about the run game through 3 weeks, but they have been able to kill both games in our wins.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will complain about the run game through 3 weeks, but they have been able to kill both games in our wins.

Nice to see Theo got a little work. Not sure what the stats were, but Im all for him getting more this week.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree the run game if not all world but they're doing just enough to let play action work and to grind out a couple first downs late in games

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will say I'm not going to get too excited about was that fourth-down stop Jordy Nelson was wide-open had Rogers made a good throw could've been a different ballgame it wasn't that we stopped them, Packers stopped themselves

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was out of sorts due to the rush IMO. They did just enough to keep his feet from planting and throwing most of the day.

I am a huge Mayhew basher for the lack of effort he has put into the secondary but I got to give them their due. They have played well this season, the defense in general.

I think that had a lot to do with the 4th down miss. It seemed he didn't want to stay in the pocket any longer than he had to.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am loving our coordinators right now. I think Lombardi will get better as the season goes on. Austin is already there. Defense is still holding together and the secondary is not getting scorched. To be honest I don't even see Mathis at all. Like they do not even think of throwing his way. If you do not hear a CBs name called all game then he is probably doing very well.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am loving our coordinators right now. I think Lombardi will get better as the season goes on. Austin is already there. Defense is still holding together and the secondary is not getting scorched. To be honest I don't even see Mathis at all. Like they do not even think of throwing his way. If you do not hear a CBs name called all game then he is probably doing very well.

This was about the only thing I said all summer was wait and see.

Young and inexperienced also means hungry to prove themselves. So far I am happy.

I just maybe happy Whis went south. I was never in the bash Mayhew for the Caldwell hire. I sure am liking the OC and DC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Defense. Who would have thought through 3 weeks our Defense would be our strength even with the injuries. Fucking offense needs to do something. Our D cant be this big forever.

Well, let's see. Since I've been saying our defense is ahead of our offense all last season and all off season, I would say...........me motherfucker.

Last edited by a moderator: