• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Packers at Lions

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. never much going on Packers forum, so better to start this here.

Packers (Injuries)
- Bulaga should be back (assumption). He was limited practice last week, I think they wanted to rest him 1 more game.
- Bostick only played ST last week, might be more involved with offense this week.
- Brad Jones... better for Packers if he stays hurt and Lattimore plays ILB

New injuries from Sunday:
- Hyde - punt returner and safety - will have to see this week, calling it a knee bruise. Better if can play, but not a big loss.
- Mulumba - probably lost for season... but backup OLB and ST guy.

Packers Offense:
- Rodgers still Rodgers... as he goes, so do the Packers. IMO he is still working out the rust.. or maybe does not trust Sherrod at right tackle.
- Packers running game... fairly disappointing this year thus far. Lacy breaking tackles, but blocking up front has not helped and he is breaking the tackles in backfield for 0, 1, 2 yard gains.
- WR´s - Jordy and Cobb very good... Adams will develop during season. No one has really stepped up at TE yet (Bostick was in lead.. but injured in preseason).
- OL - Linsley rookie center actually appears to be upgrade over prior years. Sitton and Lang still at guard and good. Bakhtiari at left tackle.. improved over last year, but still needs development. If Sherrod plays right tackle.. that will be trouble for Packers, if Bulaga healthy in better shape. Run blocking at tackle spots has been bad... pass protection is better than last year thus far.

Packers defense:
- DL still appears to be a mess... Daniels is only plus.. a bit undersized, but high effort. Guion is a disaster and being pushed around by everyone... worst is when he is NT in 3-4. D. Jones in 2nd season is better than last year... but last year was very poor, he still has a long ways to go. Packers played quite a bit of 4-3 vs Jets.

- LBs Clay and Peppers have had some good pressure pass rushing... Clay´s run support this year is worse, but maybe because of all the changes in scheme. Hawk and probably Lattimore at ILB... is biggest weakness on team, but Lattimore seems to have played better than B. Jones who was hurt last game. They did play run better vs Jets... Jets could only run to outside with success.

- DBs Tramon still playing well... Shields still good, but both give up a lot of height to Megatron. House is now 3rd corner.. appears Hayward may have tweaked hammy news coming out today why did not play vs Jets... but he also had issue tackling vs Seahawks. House may be improvement actually.. bigger more physical.
Safety position is more settled with Burnett, Dix and Hyde (if plays).

I suspect Lions will have their way with Packers defense... to me Packers defense still is not resolved and I do not see where they find the answers this year unless someone on the depth chart steps up (rookie Pennel on DL, D. Jones develops more quickly in 2nd yr, Lattimore at ILB takes over for B. Jones and plays well). But I am just not optimistic with this defense. I think Lions will gain a lot of yards and put up points... Packers and Rodgers will have to respond... but I think playing at Detroit they fall short.

Lions 34
Packers 31

Here is to good game and no injuries :suds:

BTW... Stafford is on my FF team.. I may have to play Tate as well if V. Davis is injured. So if Lions score alot.. I hope it is Stafford to Tate for the scores.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions don't turn the ball over more than once, they might have a chance. They still haven't learned that the ball is kind of important.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are pushing out 3rd and 4th strong RTs. all you have to do is line clay matthews for a speed edge rush on the right and stack the left side against the run.

at best all we will be forced to line a TE to help block and we go down to 3 routes one of which is just a dump off to a RB. can the packers stop 2 wrs with 5 DBs cause i think you and the rest of the league can.
so 13 (if we are lucky)-30 packers

the game is over midway through the 3rd quarter before we even have a chance to turn it over.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC North is up for grabs this year.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC North is up for grabs this year.

Are the Eagles going to run away with the NFC East or is that up for grabs too? I think the Eagles run away with it....What say you?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are pushing out 3rd and 4th strong RTs. all you have to do is line clay matthews for a speed edge rush on the right and stack the left side against the run.

at best all we will be forced to line a TE to help block and we go down to 3 routes one of which is just a dump off to a RB. can the packers stop 2 wrs with 5 DBs cause i think you and the rest of the league can.
so 13 (if we are lucky)-30 packers

the game is over midway through the 3rd quarter before we even have a chance to turn it over.

I will have to admit.. not familiar with current Lions injuries.

Watched parts of their Monday Night game vs Giants... did not see any vs Panthers. May go back and watch the Lions/Panthers game this week if I have time.

If Sherrod plays for Packers at RT, Packers and Lions will be in similar boat... he has allowed 3 sacks and several more pressures (1 1/2 games) and Packers have had to help him.

Last edited by a moderator:

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah we lost both in the giants game waddle has a moderate calf injury and goes week to week (with our luck means december) and hilliard came in behind him and actually got the big 4th qrt TD running drive while playing on a broken lisfranc.

now we are running guys i cant even remember the names of and i am worried. cause without the ability to keep stafford clean and all of the routes open i think it will be a long season. if we can get waddle back healthy i think we are right there in the top 10. without him or any of our olineman we are stupid vanilla

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taint,

What is Cheesehead Nations thoughts on our boy Janis?? Realize he is unlikely to be active this year with out injuries, has he looked good enough to get a shot?? Saw his highlights in preseason, practices going as well??

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone likes Taint. :whistle:

Growing up, the taint was referred as the choad. Then I learned what a choad was. And the two were never confused again.

Eddie Lacy versus our DTs, there's my focus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taint,
What is Cheesehead Nations thoughts on our boy Janis?? Realize he is unlikely to be active this year with out injuries, has he looked good enough to get a shot?? Saw his highlights in preseason, practices going as well??

Very popular player... had a crossing route vs Rams in preseason game he turned on the jets and took it to the house, that left quite the impression. We was doing KR in preseason as well.

He had injury early in preseason so did not play until 3rd game... that held him back. He will see playing time this year as he develops or if there are injuries.

Seems like a real class act on/off the field.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up, the taint was referred as the choad. Then I learned what a choad was. And the two were never confused again.

Eddie Lacy versus our DTs, there's my focus.

My focus is discount dawble check vs. lions DBs

Second focus is maybe the song Deep n Wide had sumpin to do with Choad

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions don't turn the ball over more than once, they might have a chance. They still haven't learned that the ball is kind of important.

Also instead of kicking any fgs that are longer than extra points they just need to go greatest show on turf especially at home.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur. After that, the eagles will get demolished in their first playoff game. Reason, east sucks.

Depends on matchup to me. I see one and done, yes. Just not every defense will demolish them. I can see shoot outs with Packers or Saints.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Packers updated injury report...

Probable: DB Hyde (knee)
Questionable: T Bulaga (knee), CB Hayward (glute)
Out: ILB B Jones (quad), OLB Mulumba (knee)

B. Jones being out is probably good news for Packers...
Bulaga they do not think will play right now on reports I am reading, also partially because artificial turf will be more difficult on his injury. That is definitely not good news for Packers.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very popular player... had a crossing route vs Rams in preseason game he turned on the jets and took it to the house, that left quite the impression. We was doing KR in preseason as well.

He had injury early in preseason so did not play until 3rd game... that held him back. He will see playing time this year as he develops or if there are injuries.

Seems like a real class act on/off the field.

Absolutely, great kid, myself and Gandy have know the kid since he was about 5y/o. Most respectful kid you could meet. He's a celebrity in our town but has remained extremely humble. Pretty much raised by a single mom, then when he did get closer to his dad he lost him to cancer. Really hope he gets a chance to play this year, think he is the real deal.