• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers and Rodgers

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers look to have a very easy start to the season:
@ Saints (New QB...lost a lot of starters)
Lions (New QB)
@ 49ers (QB coming off season ending injury)
Steelers
Bangles (QB coming off season ending injury)
@Bears (New QB)
Washington (New QB)
@ Arizona

It is highly unlikely that they win less than 6 of these games, and may win 7-8, in my opinion.

But, if they were to go 4-4, do you think they would consider moving Rodgers midseason?

The second half of their schedule has some pretty brutal teams (@KC, Seattle, @Baltimore, Cleveland)

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers schedule is tough (on paper currently).

I would bet more heavily on Rodgers getting hurt this season than getting traded (even if they start slow). Packers are all in for 2021 as their 2022 salary cap situation is a huge issue and will have Adams and Alexander contracts to look at. Even if they start 4-4 they still have a good chance to make playoffs... so there will be no trade IMO.

Honestly... on paper, this is probably the most talented Packers team going into training camp they have had since 2011. Long way to go... injuries can change teams outlook very quickly.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers schedule is tough (on paper currently).

I would bet more heavily on Rodgers getting hurt this season than getting traded (even if they start slow). Packers are all in for 2021 as their 2022 salary cap situation is a huge issue and will have Adams and Alexander contracts to look at. Even if they start 4-4 they still have a good chance to make playoffs... so there will be no trade IMO.

Honestly... on paper, this is probably the most talented Packers team going into training camp they have had since 2011. Long way to go... injuries can change teams outlook very quickly.

Obviously Packer fans know WAY more that I would about their team, but I was under the impression that both the Packers and Rodgers have agreed that this is his last season there. So if the Packers are 4-4 or worse, and have four of the top 6 rated teams in the NFL coming up on their schedule, and Rodgers is healthy, why not go ahead and trade Rodgers to a desperate team and get a haul for him? It would also allow the Packers to put Love into real NFL games that likely wouldn't matter as much at that point (obviously they would still be in the playoff hunt, but it wouldn't be like starting him on game #1).

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand the point; however, I think Packers would need to be 1-7 or 2-6 and look awful in doing so for me to believe there is a possibility of trade mid season for Rodgers.

Still think Rodgers trade value will be there after 2021 season if he plays fairly well and if that is what Rodgers wants. From Packers standpoint, will also depend how Love looks in training camp and preseason games.