• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Packers at Lions

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions always play good at home.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I loved the Tate pick up from the start. I think most did... anyone who'd seen him play a few times anyway.

WAZ there was a few who absofuckinglutely hated it. They wanted defense signings. It was obvious that a #2 was needed that could catch and Tate had some of the surest hands in NFL.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only surmise it has something to do with Austin.......The scheme and his coaching must be behind it, because the talent isn't there.....Sometimes coaching can do that.

Its our d-line too....were getting pressure without blitzing. Thats huge....but we always play good at home. Usually blow it at the end some way...but hey. Were in first!!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::agree:
Its our d-line too....were getting pressure without blitzing. Thats huge....but we always play good at home. Usually blow it at the end some way...but hey. Were in first!!!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only surmise it has something to do with Austin.......The scheme and his coaching must be behind it, because the talent isn't there.....Sometimes coaching can do that.

:10: great post.

Why I love brand new OC DC and not a guy who is set in his ways. They are trying to show they belong.

Today the day I wanted to see how this scheme worked. Mostly rushed 4 all day. Enough blitzes sprinkled in to keep that in offenses mind all game.

the threat of a blitz and back out screws up calls a lot

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAZ there was a few who absofuckinglutely hated it. They wanted defense signings. It was obvious that a #2 was needed that could catch and Tate had some of the surest hands in NFL.

Really ? I don't hang out on the team board much during the off season. We've been dying for a good #2 for years and he has great hands, runs great routes, is tough. It was obvious he's much, much better than anyone we've had since we got CJ and I include a younger Burleson in that. I look for great things once Staff really gets comfortable with relying on him. We need defensive help too, but this team is going to win by outscoring people....today's D performance notwithstanding. I hated the Ebron pick too though. But Tate was proven commodity. Ebron, not so much.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really ? I don't hang out on the team board much during the off season. We've been dying for a good #2 for years and he has great hands, runs great routes, is tough. It was obvious he's much, much better than anyone we've had since we got CJ and I include a younger Burleson in that. I look for great things once Staff really gets comfortable with relying on him. We need defensive help too, but this team is going to win by outscoring people....today's D performance notwithstanding. I hated the Ebron pick too though. But Tate was proven commodity. Ebron, not so much.

This off season no different than last 4-5 nothing but drama here.

Way too many GM's here.

I play one also at times...:whistle:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D has been good for 3 weeks now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are impressing the hell out of me. You will hear same old Lions if somehow Geno picks us apart after making ARog look bad. With the rush defense it should surely make Jets one dimensional next week

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D-line getting pressure combined with timely blitzes (something we didn't see much from Gunther). The D is designed so the pressure is off the secondary. Austin knows how to use the pieces he has,

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about time the defense won us a game. Stafford needs to tighten up.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it all filters down from Suh and Fairley.

I disagree. Not with Austins defense. From what I can see it is centered around the DEs and LBs.

And Levy is what makes this defense work. Dude is everywhere.

Suh and Fairly are why the run defense is so good though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-line getting pressure combined with timely blitzes (something we didn't see much from Gunther). The D is designed so the pressure is off the secondary. Austin knows how to use the pieces he has,

Very true.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is a bigger concern right now to me. They were all healthy except Waddell and still struggled. Hopefully CJ is OK now or it could become very troubling.

Defense has played well despite losing many players in the secondary. Hopefully Tully is OK.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to see the D.C. move Suh around after the Packers were triple teaming him at the start. It seemed to open the rush up.