• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Options Options Options

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is - Poles really can't say he's the guy who builds through the draft, after all of this.

Pace said the same thing coming in. Most guys do. Then, I feel like you get into the job and what made sense to you in theory goes out the window. "Ooh! I can have a shiny new toy? It's that easy? Chase Claypool! 6'4 prototype WR and talented. I'll take that. Montez Sweat!? WOW! Give me that. Keenan Allen!? WHOA! YES, PLEASE! Interior Oline help? Well, while I'm here shopping - why not? Give me that kid I liked last year in free agency from Buffalo!"

Next thing you know? You're like me after a drunken weekend getaway. Dreading opening up your financial apps to assess the damage. "I spent how much!? I said I wasn't even going to stay out that night. JESUS!"

Ryan Poles is just like us, guys. "I only have HOW MANY draft picks left? JESUS! That escalated quickly!"

I mean...Can you?

Our roster is split 50/50 between FA acquisitions and draft picks at this point...The scales will be tipped a bit toward the latter in April after the draft.

I would bet dollars to donuts that most other NFL teams are not like 70%+ loaded in roster with draft picks.

People tend to nitpick isolated commentary (IE Poles "I'm going to build through the draft") way too much. 90% of the things these guys say on the podium is cliche crap because the media will assault you if you say anything out of the boring/ordinary.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft is pretty much over within the first hour. I’ll be catching the rest of the picks on recap.

I will watch top 10 picks or whenever the Bears 2nd pick is over,then I wont care who goes where........

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch top 10 picks or whenever the Bears 2nd pick is over,then I wont care who goes where........

Yeah...9 pick is what it's all about on draft day.

Although if Bears did do anything else but take Williams at 1, I would be shocked.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although if Bears did do anything else but take Williams at 1, I would be shocked.
I would shit a brick, to be honest. For once, I just want them to do what they're supposed to at the position. The trade up for Mitch was nuts, the trade up for Fields was unexpected, the Cutler trade was a mega bomb drop, and hell... I remember taking Rex was sort of out of left field. lol. Just take the consensus #1 prospect. He's the best chance at a franchise QB on the board.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would shit a brick, to be honest. For once, I just want them to do what they're supposed to at the position. The trade up for Mitch was nuts, the trade up for Fields was unexpected, the Cutler trade was a mega bomb drop, and hell... I remember taking Rex was sort of out of left field. lol. Just take the consensus #1 prospect. He's the best chance at a franchise QB on the board.
While we still can't technically rule out trading the #1 pick - that sly Poles keeps everyone guessing - the overwhelming consensus is Wiliams is the choice. So once again, the ever more intriguing 9th pick becomes.....ever more intriguing. Does he stay put there, especially if a key draftee such as Odunze/Nabers or Turner, maybe even one of the top OT is still there? Or does he trade back enough to land a couple of extra picks and still get any one of several talents who should still be on the board? Personally, I'm torn on this because I'm pretty sure at least one, if not more highly regarded players should definitely be there at 9. Then again, this is a loaded draft and I can also see some serious talent still ripe for the taking if we trade back to say the mid teens or so.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again, the ever more intriguing 9th pick becomes.....ever more intriguing. Does he stay put there, especially if a key draftee such as Odunze/Nabers or Turner, maybe even one of the top OT is still there? Or does he trade back enough to land a couple of extra picks and still get any one of several talents who should still be on the board?
Speaking of trading back:

Double trade back on the #9? Perhaps not likely, but it's by no means a crazy scenario, as so many mock trades can often be.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of trading back:

Double trade back on the #9? Perhaps not likely, but it's by no means a crazy scenario, as so many mock trades can often be.
These hypotheticals are just dumb. ANYTHING could happen. There's no hint one way or another. It's so dependent on factors that we just don't know, even entertaining these scenarios is a complete waste of time.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm becoming more and more intrigued with trading back on the 9th pick - assuming of course the Bears have a willing partner. I'm cementing the list officially down to four players, who if any of them are still on the board, I'd be more than willing to see Poles take him instead of a trade back. Three you're probably already gonna know who I'm going with, maybe the fourth might surprise a bit.

1. Dallas Turner, DE/Edge - Need a fast, relentless partner to chase the QB opposite Montez. This would be an ideal match.
2. Rome Odunze, WR - Since the Allen signing, the need is not quite as urgent, but think about a three headed receiving monster for Caleb!
3. Malik Nabers, WR - Really more like 2a than #3. It's the old same difference here. Either one vastly improves our WR corps.
4. Joe Alt, OT - Surprise!!! Thought we had no chance of him making it to 9, but some recent mocks suggest he could be there for the taking.

These four gives me pause for hanging onto the pick. OTOH, it's not out of the question that all fof them will be gone by 9. If so, I'd be all in on Poles trading back. And even if one or two are there and Poles still decides to trade back, I'd be ok with this as well.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm becoming more and more intrigued with trading back on the 9th pick - assuming of course the Bears have a willing partner. I'm cementing the list officially down to four players, who if any of them are still on the board, I'd be more than willing to see Poles take him instead of a trade back. Three you're probably already gonna know who I'm going with, maybe the fourth might surprise a bit.

1. Dallas Turner, DE/Edge - Need a fast, relentless partner to chase the QB opposite Montez. This would be an ideal match.
2. Rome Odunze, WR - Since the Allen signing, the need is not quite as urgent, but think about a three headed receiving monster for Caleb!
3. Malik Nabers, WR - Really more like 2a than #3. It's the old same difference here. Either one vastly improves our WR corps.
4. Joe Alt, OT - Surprise!!! Thought we had no chance of him making it to 9, but some recent mocks suggest he could be there for the taking.

These four gives me pause for hanging onto the pick. OTOH, it's not out of the question that all fof them will be gone by 9. If so, I'd be all in on Poles trading back. And even if one or two are there and Poles still decides to trade back, I'd be ok with this as well.
For some odd reason,Im for one the two wrs,but still would lovet to have Alt or Turner........how could we make it happen......,??

We're not,Ill be happy with one of 4 whether it 9 or just a little lower......
But I hope if we are trading down,its a last minute trade to make sure who we want could still be there.....
If theres no chance at one of the 4,I think we should keeep it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some odd reason,Im for one the two wrs,but still would lovet to have Alt or Turner........how could we make it happen......,??

We're not,Ill be happy with one of 4 whether it 9 or just a little lower......
But I hope if we are trading down,its a last minute trade to make sure who we want could still be there.....
If theres no chance at one of the 4,I think we should keeep it.
So you're saying even if all four are taken, Poles should keep the pick? Hey, that's cool. We all have our top ranked players. Even if all four are indeed gone, there will still be some big time talent for the taking, almost regardless of position. But this also reinforces my point that a trade back, assuming we receive some decent draft capital in return, would still produce a big name player even back into the teens, hell even the low 20's. This is a deep draft in general, but it's a particularly deep draft for true 1st round talent.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying even if all four are taken, Poles should keep the pick? Hey, that's cool. We all have our top ranked players. Even if all four are indeed gone, there will still be some big time talent for the taking, almost regardless of position. But this also reinforces my point that a trade back, assuming we receive some decent draft capital in return, would still produce a big name player even back into the teens, hell even the low 20's. This is a deep draft in general, but it's a particularly deep draft for true 1st round talent.

Im sorry I probably misinterpreted,If theres a chance at one of the 4,keep it......
I just like quality over quanity........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry I probably misinterpreted,If theres a chance at one of the 4,keep it......
I just like quality over quanity........
Got it. Either way tho I'd be good with it. Lotta talent in this draft.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 or 4 - yes. I love both of those WR prospects, but it would be a stupid move when we badly need an edge rusher opposite of Sweat and more Oline help.

We probably trade back from #9 unless Poles has a massive hard on for someone that falls there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 or 4 - yes. I love both of those WR prospects, but it would be a stupid move when we badly need an edge rusher opposite of Sweat and more Oline help.

We probably trade back from #9 unless Poles has a massive hard on for someone that falls there.
From a positional standpoint, could not agree more. But when we're talking Poles, we're talking BPA. And if Odunze or Nabers is ranked ahead of these others on his board, then don't be shocked if he whips out that massive boner and takes either one.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I would prefer the draft before free agency, but what are we gonna do, gotta get the millionaires in their new mansions and their kids in their new schools.
We need to get in the second to get the best center, they will figure out the edge. There are not many ready to go 4-3 DE in the draft, most are going to need quite a few cheeseburgers since we all saw that Eberflus was not willing to adjust his scheme for someone like Khalil Mack. The ones big enough played DT in college and will need to adjust. The ones marked as edge are most likely 245 pound 3-4 OLB.
But the urgency to get Alt when we are good enough at ends now, and have Tevin Jenkins playing inside is just nuts to me. Maybe Jenkins injuries keep showing up because he is inside getting stepped on constantly. Trading 9 to get to 11 or 12 and pick up a second is fine with me.
Most of what Poles is getting are veteran backups on one year deals. All Swift did was replace David Montgomery, who should have never been let loose, oh, and for 6 million more dollars.
I want to hear trade, I want to hear anyones name other than Williams if we keep the pick.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I would prefer the draft before free agency, but what are we gonna do, gotta get the millionaires in their new mansions and their kids in their new schools.
We need to get in the second to get the best center, they will figure out the edge. There are not many ready to go 4-3 DE in the draft, most are going to need quite a few cheeseburgers since we all saw that Eberflus was not willing to adjust his scheme for someone like Khalil Mack. The ones big enough played DT in college and will need to adjust. The ones marked as edge are most likely 245 pound 3-4 OLB.
But the urgency to get Alt when we are good enough at ends now, and have Tevin Jenkins playing inside is just nuts to me. Maybe Jenkins injuries keep showing up because he is inside getting stepped on constantly. Trading 9 to get to 11 or 12 and pick up a second is fine with me.
Most of what Poles is getting are veteran backups on one year deals. All Swift did was replace David Montgomery, who should have never been let loose, oh, and for 6 million more dollars.
I want to hear trade, I want to hear anyones name other than Williams if we keep the pick.

If Joe Alt is available at 9, I would be blown away if we didn't take him. You don't pass on a potential franchise LT. I don't think he'll be there though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Joe Alt is available at 9, I would be blown away if we didn't take him. You don't pass on a potential franchise LT. I don't think he'll be there though.
That's my take as well. I barely mentioned his name this offseason because it was a sure thing that he'd be gone by the time Poles is on the clock. Suddenly we're seeing his name plastered all over the place as if he might drop to us. But I also think he'll be gone. However, if he's by chance still there, it would be extremely hard not to take him. Then again, who knows how Poles' BPA list is shaped, plus with his penchant for trading back and with the highly rated talent lasting well beyond pick 9, he may pull off a trade regardless of who's still there.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine if Kramer gets a legitimate shot to win the center spot, 2022 was on IR, lost in the shuffle with Whitehair and Lucas last year. He is just back on a futures deal now.
Its just need. Alt is a game changer, but with Jones, Wright, Borom, Jenkins, now Pryor it falls to need. I doubt he stands pat at 9, he didnt last year with Wright, picked up another fourth, so if he trades a couple spots this year it might get a second or third when the centers come up.

But I would be fine if he trades out of 1 and signs Tannehill to rinse the taste out of our mouths of these franchise draftees.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft is pretty much over within the first hour. I’ll be catching the rest of the picks on recap.

Guys, be prepared for the trade down from #9. Poles needs picks and the only way to acquire them, and given the fact he needs a second round pick, expect a deeper trade down to the 20's to acquire a 2nd rounder plus the first round 20ish pick.

Especially given the deep WR draft class, the fact the Bears will probably need to pick a center in the second round if they want a legit one...