• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Options Options Options

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it's possible the Bears trade Justin Fields AND trades the 1st pick? Discuss.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want Maye,it would be an awesome idea.......
I only brought it up because of the 10,000 conversations going on right now with the Bears, Fields, et al, it seems like it's always just trading him and taking the 1st pick or keeping him and trading the pick. No gray area. Maybe there's an in-between in all this.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fun day watching the combines. I pretty much focused on the safety batch, altho there were some CBs that they're saying could cross over to the safety side. Lotta talent in this year's secondary, a number of those CBs are scary fast. I was also impressed many of the tight ends, some very athletic guys in that group. Not sure where Illinois' Tip Reiman factors in with respect to his projected draft slot, but if he's around in the later rounds, I wouldn't mind at all if Poles took a flier on him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is a freak. Those are insane numbers for a guy his size.
Speaking of Turner, apparently he passed the "Ryan Poles Threshold" or whatever:

The other DE high on this list was Jared Verse, who's the definition of a physical specimen and who also made it. Not sure where my 3rd wannbe pick, Laitu Latu missed the mark, as he didn't make it. Might not matter. The word out here in Sin City is he's hoping to be picked by the Raiders. His idol apparently is Maxx Crosby.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of in the same boat as last year with this whole #1 pick business. I'm over all the arguing and debate over it, already. Wake me when we trade Fields or make our decision to do something else. Second straight year of this. It's kind of exhausting. lol

I want to trade Fields and draft Williams. That's my take and it won't change. If you disagree - cool.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of in the same boat as last year with this whole #1 pick business. I'm over all the arguing and debate over it, already. Wake me when we trade Fields or make our decision to do something else. Second straight year of this. It's kind of exhausting. lol

I want to trade Fields and draft Williams. That's my take and it won't change. If you disagree - cool.

I think the writing is on the wall that we're drafting Williams and trading Fields.

The thing is...It's starting to look like we're getting jack sh*t for Fields.

Sometime in the next month or so we'll be livin' in a world where Chase Claypool was worth significantly more than Justin Fields.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the writing is on the wall that we're drafting Williams and trading Fields.

Sometime in the next month or so we'll be livin' in a world where Chase Claypool was worth significantly more than Justin Fields.
Jesus... I hadn't thought of that. Why'd you say that? lol. I was content living in ignorance.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't knock the hustle

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think part of the problem is it's kind of a buyer's market, so to speak. Not so much in salary, but availability. When you consider that as many as six QBs could be taken by QB-needy teams in the first round or no later than the 2nd of the upcoming draft, then factor in existing free agent starters like Kirk Cousins and soon-to-be-FA Russell Wilson, the market is fairly saturated. Where at one time I'd have bet a dollar to a donut that Fields would net us a minimum of a 2nd round pick and perhaps a later round as well, now it's not looking so certain.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is dedicated. He'll never reach the 9th spot.
Yeah true. Maybe next on the WR list is Adonai Mitchell after running 4.35.
Hoping to get an early 2nd via trade, lot of potential at WR in that range after seeing the combine

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been kinda preaching over the Bears focusing the #9 pick on a WR, but we can't rule out other spots of need that would be best filled at #9. A logical argument can be made for either side of the trenches. Sweat needs a true pass rushing partner on the side and if the Bears let Justin Jones walk, our DT ranks could use some boletering. And every team can always use help on the OL. Plus, we can't overlook the possibility that Poles will trade back the pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been kinda preaching over the Bears focusing the #9 pick on a WR, but we can't rule out other spots of need that would be best filled at #9. A logical argument can be made for either side of the trenches. Sweat needs a true pass rushing partner on the side and if the Bears let Justin Jones walk, our DT ranks could use some boletering. And every team can always use help on the OL. Plus, we can't overlook the possibility that Poles will trade back the pick.
I highlighted this last line because I'm beginning to suspicion that if Poles sticks with the 1st pick and undoubtedly takes Williams, the 9th pick starts looking more and more like a candidate for a trade back. As we speak, the Bears only have 6 picks total and my guess is Poles doesn't like that number one bit. Granted, we should land at least one additional pick this draft if/when Fields is traded. And Poles naturally can trade back on his 3rd, two 4ths, and his 5th rounders to gather more capital. But he'll get the most bang for the buck by trading the 9th. The question is if there's still a true stud available at #9 (think players like Odunze, Turner, Fashanu), would he still risk a trade back with a good chance of missing out on one or all of these guys? The drama builds.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we speak, the Bears only have 6 picks total and my guess is Poles doesn't like that number one bit.
Make that 5 now:

I like that Poles is bolstering the depth of our OL, which is sorely needed. Just glad it was only at the expense of our 5th rd pick. Reading the article, it appears Bates has experience at center. I just hope Poles didn't trade for him to be our starter. Tell you guys one thing, unless Poles goes ballistic with trade backs, I'll be calling it early on day 3 of the draft, altho one faux pas in the article claims we'll have zero picks on day 3. We have two picks in the 4th, which is on day 3. Not sure how they missed this.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make that 5 now:

I like that Poles is bolstering the depth of our OL, which is sorely needed. Just glad it was only at the expense of our 5th rd pick. Reading the article, it appears Bates has experience at center. I just hope Poles didn't trade for him to be our starter. Tell you guys one thing, unless Poles goes ballistic with trade backs, I'll be calling it early on day 3 of the draft, altho one faux pas in the article claims we'll have zero picks on day 3. We have two picks in the 4th, which is on day 3. Not sure how they missed this.

Never heard of him........