• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of options in the draft of course but I was watching the Bears play and got to wondering if as most think the Bears go QB Caleb Williams or Drake Maye would they want to move Fields? Would Fields be a option for the Seahawks? Likely won't be expensive, maybe trade Geno and pick? Guess what round the pick would be a important factor. What do you guys say?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two terrible fumbles by Fields not helping him much.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is no different than Geno except he's younger. His style is different but his impact is the same

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is no different than Geno except he's younger. His style is different but his impact is the same
Younger, different style, more mobile, still has a career ahead of him instead of behind him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still just an average QB at best
Probably, but he does flash at times and he can make good things happen with his legs. Could he develop as a passer? Maybe? I would have more hope for him next season then Geno and take a shot in the draft as well on a QB. Need a road grader on the OL also. Despite this season I think the roster has potential next season but not with Geno under center.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but he does flash at times and he can make good things happen with his legs. Could he develop as a passer? Maybe? I would have more hope for him next season then Geno and take a shot in the draft as well on a QB. Need a road grader on the OL also. Despite this season I think the roster has potential next season but not with Geno under center.
I think most of us agree that it is time to e I'm from Geno.

Which doesn't mean out will happen. Pete probably keeps the HC job which means we will probably keep Geno s our starter

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us agree that it is time to e I'm from Geno.

Which doesn't mean out will happen. Pete probably keeps the HC job which means we will probably keep Geno s our starter
Pete will be the HC unless he decides to retire this off season. Geno will be back, but I expect Pete will bring in either a rookie and maybe a young vet to compete for the starter position. Similar to what he did when Tavaris Jackson was QB. Seahawks need to be better under center.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete will be the HC unless he decides to retire this off season. Geno will be back, but I expect Pete will bring in either a rookie and maybe a young vet to compete for the starter position. Similar to what he did when Tavaris Jackson was QB. Seahawks need to be better under center.
They also need to be better at OL. We can't keep max protect in and still have someone in geno's face

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also need to be better at OL. We can't keep max protect in and still have someone in geno's face
I agree about the OL. Need to keep working on improving the starting unit and better depth.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no to fields, he is a failed experiment. if we make a trade with the bears it should be for their 1st rounder.
use it to draft bo nix in round 1? drake maye's stock has fallen too, some are saying a top 5 pick now and not a lock for #2, he could be a possibility.
we will be climbing the draft boards over the next few weeks so a trade up may not be out of the question.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no to fields, he is a failed experiment. if we make a trade with the bears it should be for their 1st rounder.
use it to draft bo nix in round 1? drake maye's stock has fallen too, some are saying a top 5 pick now and not a lock for #2, he could be a possibility.
we will be climbing the draft boards over the next few weeks so a trade up may not be out of the question.
I have not watched Bo Nix play but from what I've heard it sounds crazy to take him #1 over all. Besides trading up to #1 from where the Seahawks will pick this year is likely impossible and if not impossible prohibitively expensive. Moving up from #5 to #1 is doable ( could of done it last year) but expensive, moving up from where they will be picking to #1 is just not going to fly, some team with a better draft position will beat you out every time, probably more than one team will be able to out bid the Seahawks. That's why it was necessary to make that move last season, it was a golden opportunity that got wasted because Pete and a lot of fans over rated the roster last draft,. The roster still needed another draft to be competitive maybe two drafts and the chance to take a top QB prospect isn't going happen again for a good while. I still can't get over wasting that opportunity, still can't believe folks thought Geno would do. :gaah:
Which QBs this draft you see lasting into the twenties?

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched Bo Nix play but from what I've heard it sounds crazy to take him #1 over all. Besides trading up to #1 from where the Seahawks will pick this year is likely impossible and if not impossible prohibitively expensive. Moving up from #5 to #1 is doable ( could of done it last year) but expensive, moving up from the twenties to #1 is just not going to fly, some team with a better draft position will beat you out every time, probably more than one team will be able to out bid the Seahawks. That's why it was necessary to make that move last season, it was a golden opportunity that got wasted because Pete and a lot of fans over rated the roster last draft,. The roster still needed another draft to be competitive maybe two drafts and the chance to take a top QB prospect isn't going happen again for a good while. I still can't get over wasting that opportunity, still can't believe folks thought Geno would do. :gaah:
Chicago is picking 4th right now, i wasn't meaning trade up to #1.

I dont think we will be picking in the 20s. 15th max.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind taking a chance with Fields... He's had some horrible coaching/talent during his time in Chicago... But, I would also like to have a prospect in our wings that we're grooming in case he didn't pan out...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched Bo Nix play but from what I've heard it sounds crazy to take him #1 over all. Besides trading up to #1 from where the Seahawks will pick this year is likely impossible and if not impossible prohibitively expensive. Moving up from #5 to #1 is doable ( could of done it last year) but expensive, moving up from the twenties to #1 is just not going to fly, some team with a better draft position will beat you out every time, probably more than one team will be able to out bid the Seahawks. That's why it was necessary to make that move last season, it was a golden opportunity that got wasted because Pete and a lot of fans over rated the roster last draft,. The roster still needed another draft to be competitive maybe two drafts and the chance to take a top QB prospect isn't going happen again for a good while. I still can't get over wasting that opportunity, still can't believe folks thought Geno would do. :gaah:
So you think the Seahawks are still gonna make the playoffs? I have zero faith in them making playoffs with Geno as the starting quarterback. This is exactly what I said was gonna happen With Geno this season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: What makes you think that?
you said "moving from the 20s", the highest you can pick if you miss the playoffs is 18th. I dont think we get more than 8 wins, that would put us at 14th going by last years draft.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said "moving from the 20s", the highest you can pick if you miss the playoffs is 18th. I dont think we get more than 8 wins, that would put us at 14th going by last years draft.
Oh I see. They have nearly half the league in the playoffs now a days, so I shouldn't of said "from the 20s".

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be an upgrade IMO since Geno seems to have regressed.

I would not mind him on my Raiders if AOC does not show much more this season. Make a trade for him.

But, I think he ends up on the Falcons.