• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yup.

And this. Other teams seem to do OK with drafting NHLers without being a bottom dweller.

Screen_Shot_2017_04_25_at_6.21.40_PM.png

I mean that is horrendous. FIVE players. And it's not like 70 games is some crazy milestone. Pretty conservative if you ask me.
Ok, I misunderstood the graphic the first time. I've sobered up a bit and understand it now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you do 1v8 format, as the #3, they play Ottawa.

A +54 vs -2 GD matchup.

I'd say they advance.
I don't know why I thought they'd play NYR.

Regular season and post season are two different beasts but the Jackets lost twice to the Sens and beat them 7-6 in OT the other game. Still a toss up to me, especially with Columbus still missing Murray regardless.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Detroit has scouted stud after stud out of the fourth round or later for years.

He got them to the door. And then they collapsed. Good season for sure, but no point if they can't get over the hump. He got squarely outcoached in the first round.

I like to believe that he's good for the team, but I can't fight this nagging feeling that Brad Shaw and Brad Marsh had more to do with the regular season success. D played well (Marsh) and Special Teams were ridiculous at times (Shaw)

Holy shit, did I completely miss the pelvic thrust that drives you insane? Did we just do the Time Warp?

Detroit Red Wings Draft History at hockeydb.com

Yes, that was far snarkier than I should have been. I apologize. But I just don't see it.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda telling that besides the Leafs and Wild, both of whom have young players that will raise that stat in the near future, and the Habs, all teams under 10 have at least been to a Cup final in the last few years.

Also pretty telling that the two most successful teams of the last decade have 15 (LA) and 14 (Chicago) on this chart.

I get it though for a lot of contending teams they don't graduate a lot of players because:
  1. They trade a lot of 1-3 round picks at trade deadlines, and
  2. They have mature teams that just don't have spots for young players.
Montreal doesn't really fall into that category of perennial contender like a Pittsburgh or a San Jose though, so I'm gonna go with they just haven't done well in the draft and develop mode.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is everyone excited for the announcement of the nominees for the Mark Messier Award for Mark Messier Leadership by Mark Messier?

(Why do they have "nominees" for something decided entirely by one guy anyway? Mess needs the extra time with a narrowed down list? Although I suppose the other award nominees are just the guys who came in 2nd and 3rd rather than an actual balloting thing anyway)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, if the playoff format wasn't colossally moronic, the Jackets are likely in the second round.

While this is probably true, the point is 6 coaches we could have had got their teams past the stupid seeding rules.

The main one I lament is Laviolette. Although I also admire what McLellan has done as well.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is everyone excited for the announcement of the nominees for the Mark Messier Award for Mark Messier Leadership by Mark Messier?

(Why do they have "nominees" for something decided entirely by one guy anyway? Mess needs the extra time with a narrowed down list? Although I suppose the other award nominees are just the guys who came in 2nd and 3rd rather than an actual balloting thing anyway)

What is the Messier award for again? Late hits, slashes and generally being an asshole? Cherry picking scoring chances?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the Messier award for again? Late hits, slashes and generally being an asshole? Cherry picking scoring chances?

Columbus Blue Jackets left wing Nick Foligno, Anaheim Ducks centre Ryan Getzlaf and Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano are the three finalists for the 2016-17 Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award, the NHL announced on Thursday.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus Blue Jackets left wing Nick Foligno, Anaheim Ducks centre Ryan Getzlaf and Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano are the three finalists for the 2016-17 Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award, the NHL announced on Thursday.

Well if it's for what I said, Dubinsky should be the nominee. Nick's not an asshole at all.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does the winner of the Messier award get a trophy? I was at the HHOF in October and I don't recall seeing one but I could be wrong.

/maybe the winner gets a years supply of Lays as Comeds said

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly didn't know it was judged and decided on by just him lol. Wow.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Messier buried the hatchet when rejoining the Rangers?
messier.rangers.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobmac saying he wouldnt be shocked if Drouin is traded for one of the top picks :noidea: :think:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobmac saying he wouldnt be shocked if Drouin is traded for one of the top picks :noidea: :think:

Bad move for Tampa if you ask me. I don't think anyone in this draft has the ceiling that Drouin does. in the right situation he could be a PPG player as soon as next year, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.