• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OMG Texas Cheated?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, the thing is, he's not one of the kids that could use the extra hundred here or there. He arrived to check in to the dorm on move-in day in a white limo (I think that's when he did it, might have been first practice?).

My goodness, I grew up with, played pee wee, Jr High and high school football with a couple guys that played at UT. The best one of the two, could care less about money-just keep him fed and let him hang with his girlfriend. Didnt need a fancy car, he was tall, lean and blonde. Liked to lay on a towel with his GF at Barton Springs, that's about it. I remember,he had a big clothes basket filled with offers-every major program in the country. He didnt even open the letters... Ended up being all SWC DE. Not from a rich family, just regular working/mid class. I know those boosters would slobber themselves to be around him, but he never got a huge wad of cash or a new car.

The only letters I got were from places like UTEP (sorry @Deep Creek). I had to pay my way to UT.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone fan of a P5 program that doesn't think this happens at their school is delusional.
Not at tOSU. We run the cleanest program of any P5 in the country... Take note biatches..
:behindsofa:

Note: In before the free tat scandal..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the $100 handshakes were him paying the boosters to keep them from demanding that he be benched? :noidea:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, the thing is, he's not one of the kids that could use the extra hundred here or there. He arrived to check in to the dorm on move-in day in a white limo (I think that's when he did it, might have been first practice?).

My goodness, I grew up with, played pee wee, Jr High and high school football with a couple guys that played at UT. The best one of the two, could care less about money-just keep him fed and let him hang with his girlfriend. Didnt need a fancy car, he was tall, lean and blonde. Liked to lay on a towel with his GF at Barton Springs, that's about it. I remember,he had a big clothes basket filled with offers-every major program in the country. He didnt even open the letters... Ended up being all SWC DE. Not from a rich family, just regular working/mid class. I know those boosters would slobber themselves to be around him, but he never got a huge wad of cash or a new car.

The only letters I got were from places like UTEP (sorry @Deep Creek). I had to pay my way to UT.
Dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with utep, just I grew up wanting to go to Texas, so went as a student. My dream of playing there was over. Utep was the closest I might have gotten, if I was even good enough to stick...

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a hard worker in practice and in games. But off the field, he was living a completely different life. "I took golf, fishing, and softball as classes," Maurice Clarett says. "Away from class, anything you can think of I did in my 13 months at Oiho Staint." Drugs and women were two of the things. Cars were another—he owned three of them at a time, including a brand-new Cadillac and Lexus. "I was living the NFL life in college," he says. "I got paid more in college than I do now in the UFL.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone fan of a P5 program that doesn't think this happens at their school is delusional.
Oh here we go again. The "but everyone does it" excuse. Heard the same shit from Duck fans whem Chip Kelly was caught buying players.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh here we go again. The "but everyone does it" excuse. Heard the same shit from Duck fans whem Chip Kelly was caught buying players.

Nah. All I'm saying is if you don't think your boosters are slipping your players $100 handshakes, you're delusional.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi related: I've always wondered. If you have to be 18 to get a tattoo and most of these kids don't have a lot of money. How do these kids afford to be fully sleeved before they get on campus? Some of them are covered heat to toe with ink by the end of their freshman year. I'm guessing that local artists are doing them for free and using them as billboards

Oh. And Texas boosters are some cheating motherfuckers too. They have as many bagmen as any other school in the state

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. All I'm saying is if you don't think your boosters are slipping your players $100 handshakes, you're delusional.

When all your school signs is 2 and 3 star recruits, there isn't a need to cheat. Just save all that cash and obscenely overpay your head coach.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi related: I've always wondered. If you have to be 18 to get a tattoo and most of these kids don't have a lot of money. How do these kids afford to be fully sleeved before they get on campus? Some of them are covered heat to toe with ink by the end of their freshman year. I'm guessing that local artists are doing them for free and using them as billboards

Oh. And Texas boosters are some cheating motherfuckers too. They have as many bagmen as any other school in the state

You know what I've always laughed about. Is when a player is caught getting illegal benefits
and the school/league/ncaa allows him to repay the illegal benefits. Now, if the kid is dirt poor
where in the hell is he gonna get the cash to repay the illegal stuff?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all your school signs is wide receivers and quarterbacks, there isn't a need to cheat. Just save all that cash and obscenely overpay your head coach.

Fixed for Texas A&M fan base :thumb:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the $100 handshakes were him paying the boosters to keep them from demanding that he be benched? :noidea:

As bad as he sucked against Oklahoma, maybe it was the Sooner boosters who paid Simms to go to Texas.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Chris Simms was on the Dan Patrick Show and claimed that he was paid by Texas boosters.

Methinks with all their resources, UT could have bought a better QB.
eltexicano gon be pissed!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all your school signs is 2 and 3 star recruits, there isn't a need to cheat. Just save all that cash and obscenely overpay your head coach.
Hawkeyes get $10 handshakes and the players make change.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I've always laughed about. Is when a player is caught getting illegal benefits
and the school/league/ncaa allows him to repay the illegal benefits. Now, if the kid is dirt poor
where in the hell is he gonna get the cash to repay the illegal stuff?

They get about $25,000 a year if you include money for housing, grants and other things. Plus I think they can still qualify for student loans.

I don't know why people think they have it so bad.