• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice article (KIRK COUSINS IS ELITE)

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the statement starts with.. I like Cousins but he isn't elite, and usually ends with a list of QBs you think are better and WOULD be worthy of the contract Cousins is asking for....

Sorry if I tend to see that as Any one could do better than Cousins, and unless he comes on the cheap I'm ok with us going in another direction.

No one said you need to suck Cousins balls. But when you consider him beneath a group of QBs that include the old, injury prone and in some cases over rated..... to me that isn't even a half assed endorsement of Cousins.
Unless he comes on the cheap? Skinz2winz NEVER said KC will or could come on the cheap. He will get top dollar for his services because, its what the market value is for a good FA QB. I for one don't think Cousins needs my endorsement, he has earned that himself. What he hasn't earned is elite status or even top tier status. Win some playoff games in DC and I'm sure that "status" will come for Kirk.

Stop finishing others' thoughts Shark, your way off base here.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@skinz2winz Also I will point out..

All those pieces people say Kirk needs around him and we wont be able to afford if we sign him.... those pieces should come through the draft. Not in some valiant attempt to buy a championship by spending on other teams big name free agents. How many time do we need to see that particular plan fail before we realize we need a new direction. And yes stability and actually building through the draft would be a serious new direction for this team.
And while I agree that the draft is the smartest and cheapest way to build your team, FA is always used to fill holes. Redskins FO has done a poor job of bringing in "help" in this area. Maybe you are right about how the Skins go about their business however, the past few years there really have been no big FA splashes by the Skins. Just maybe they have seen the light and will value the draft more so as they have been the past 3 years or so. I think the Griffin draft has shook this franchise and are just now coming out of that. Hopefully now we can trail blaze a new path (one that many team immolate) to a Superbowl!

HTTR!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he comes on the cheap? Skinz2winz NEVER said KC will or could come on the cheap. He will get top dollar for his services because, its what the market value is for a good FA QB. I for one don't think Cousins needs my endorsement, he has earned that himself. What he hasn't earned is elite status or even top tier status. Win some playoff games in DC and I'm sure that "status" will come for Kirk.

How am I finishing others thoughts??

The line for going on three years now has been Kirk Cousins is not elite, and hence does not deserve to be paid like an elite QB. Would you disagree with this being one of the main THOUGHTS being put out there??

The MANTRA has been, Cousins only deserves to be paid at a certain tier. So one would at least logically assume the line of thinking is.... Kirk isn't elite, thus he shouldn't get paid like an elite QB, because as you just stated he isn't elite and has not earned that status.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@skinz2winz Also I will point out..

All those pieces people say Kirk needs around him and we wont be able to afford if we sign him.... those pieces should come through the draft. Not in some valiant attempt to buy a championship by spending on other teams big name free agents. How many time do we need to see that particular plan fail before we realize we need a new direction. And yes stability and actually building through the draft would be a serious new direction for this team.

shark the thing is these people "SAY " we should build through the draft and "LIMIT Free Agency " but in practice they dont have the attention span to work a plan ,its all about instant gratification . they dont want to give rookies time to develop , they are JR snyders bashing him but implement his failed policies

we should draft and develop our own guys and let them reward US , now KC will reward another team while we are back into "finding a qb " mode again why ? because some people havent learned that you cant spend your way to a title . i gave out a 30% hit rate on FA's and a poster said i couldnt use that metric !?! i couldnt use verifiable numbers that justified my position and yet said poster failed to give ANY hard facts to support their position

well i will be back to supporting our new qb hoping this time it will work out in a few months so there you have it but my "i told so " button is being greased and oiled with new contact point being serviced ready to be used when and if the time comes and it will be use with a vengeance

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you proclaim Dak, Alex Smith, and Matthew Stafford are a tier above KC, you do have rose colored glasses on...they just aren’t burgundy and gold.
I have been a true fan since '75, they are burgundy and gold. You put KC in a category just as I do, just a different one is all. And that is ok with me, apparently not with you, Shark or anyone who thinks KC is not yet elite so we must be ABC's. Not the case.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk cousins is not elite. He is also never going to be elite unless you consider someone like Matt Ryan to be. That word is reserved for the best of the best and he isn't that.

He is however a low top ten qb (probably right around number ten actually) in the league and at least twenty teams in their heart of hearts would take him over their current starter. The redskins will likely not find someone like him again in a long time if they let him go and there are a lot of places he could go.

This is pretty simple but Washington has already screwed this up and i think everyone's definitely expecting them to somehow screw it up again, and that is one area in which they never disappoint Lol...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I finishing others thoughts??

The line for going on three years now has been Kirk Cousins is not elite, and hence does not deserve to be paid like an elite QB. Would you disagree with this being one of the main THOUGHTS being put out there??

The MANTRA has been, Cousins only deserves to be paid at a certain tier. So one would at least logically assume the line of thinking is.... Kirk isn't elite, thus he shouldn't get paid like an elite QB, because as you just stated he isn't elite and has not earned that status.
KC is not elite, period. He will earn elite status money you can bet on that. The "Mantra" you mention has been floated by others for sure but just because I said Cousins does not fall into the elite status, doesn't mean he won't get paid like one.
So, for the record, I said KC is NOT elite. I also said KC will get paid elite money. That's my stance on KC. Doesn't look like I'm following the Mantra though.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is not elite, period. He will earn elite status money you can bet on that. The "Mantra" you mention has been floated by others for sure but just because I said Cousins does not fall into the elite status, doesn't mean he won't get paid like one.
So, for the record, I said KC is NOT elite. I also said KC will get paid elite money. That's my stance on KC. Doesn't look like I'm following the Mantra though.

To add to this, I also believe Cousins will get elite money from another team, not the Redskins because, I truly believe Cousins wants to take his football and go elsewhere. As long as BA is making football decisions in DC, I think KC would prefer a new destination then stay with this franchise. Can't say I blame him but the only way he signs with WASH is with the $34M tag which if place on him, he will jump in his van and race down to Ashburn to sign.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark the thing is these people "SAY " we should build through the draft and "LIMIT Free Agency " but in practice they dont have the attention span to work a plan ,its all about instant gratification . they dont want to give rookies time to develop , they are JR snyders bashing him but implement his failed policies

we should draft and develop our own guys and let them reward US , now KC will reward another team while we are back into "finding a qb " mode again why ? because some people havent learned that you cant spend your way to a title . i gave out a 30% hit rate on FA's and a poster said i couldnt use that metric !?! i couldnt use verifiable numbers that justified my position and yet said poster failed to give ANY hard facts to support their position

well i will be back to supporting our new qb hoping this time it will work out in a few months so there you have it but my "i told so " button is being greased and oiled with new contact point being serviced ready to be used when and if the time comes and it will be use with a vengeance

You know for two years I have been saying as to how signing Cousins long term doesn't prevent us from doing anything other than chasing the big money contracts in FA. When I have asked, what move WONT we be able to make if we sign Cousins long term, all I hear is crickets in a sound proof room on the campus of Gallaudet college.

I realize there is about an 80% chance we go in a different direction. I think there is also about an 80% chance we end up drafting a QB in the first round.

OS my only hopes at this point are.. we don't trade up, and we don't draft Jackson. I could live with Mayfield or Allen, but I got that bad feeling we end up with Jackson through a combination of that's who Bruce will want, and that's who the draft board will leave available.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know for two years I have been saying as to how signing Cousins long term doesn't prevent us from doing anything other than chasing the big money contracts in FA. When I have asked, what move WONT we be able to make if we sign Cousins long term, all I hear is crickets in a sound proof room on the campus of Gallaudet college.

I realize there is about an 80% chance we go in a different direction. I think there is also about an 80% chance we end up drafting a QB in the first round.

OS my only hopes at this point are.. we don't trade up, and we don't draft Jackson. I could live with Mayfield or Allen, but I got that bad feeling we end up with Jackson through a combination of that's who Bruce will want, and that's who the draft board will leave available.
That's who Bruce will want? What about Doug and his staff? What if Doug wants to trade down in round 1? He can't do that without Bruce's permission? Trade down, take Vea and a QB later in the draft if Cousins is not signed to a LTD.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to this, I also believe Cousins will get elite money from another team, not the Redskins because, I truly believe Cousins wants to take his football and go elsewhere. As long as BA is making football decisions in DC, I think KC would prefer a new destination then stay with this franchise. Can't say I blame him but the only way he signs with WASH is with the $34M tag which if place on him, he will jump in his van and race down to Ashburn to sign.

You could be right. But I would think if Kirk does just want to take his ball and go, it has a lot more to do with the team constantly pushing in that direction.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. But I would think if Kirk does just want to take his ball and go, it has a lot more to do with the team constantly pushing in that direction.
Constantly pushing or not offering "Elite Money"?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's who Bruce will want? What about Doug and his staff? What if Doug wants to trade down in round 1? He can't do that without Bruce's permission? Trade down, take Vea and a QB later in the draft if Cousins is not signed to a LTD.

Are we talking about the same Bruce Allen that traded three firsts and a second for a 1st rounder so he could draft the player he and Dan wanted. Mind you this trade was made while his coach was out fishing and enjoying his vacation.

So yea, at the end of the day I think Doug is just a figure head, the scouts will give their opinion. And Bruce will decide what he wants to do... if that's Jackson then he will do what he needs to get his guy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the going rate is what needs to be talked about . "elite money " is a catch phrase . stafford and carr got record deals and so will KC . and soon that deal KC signs will be obsolete

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry dude, but if your boss was constantly telling you... I know your job pays this much... but I'm going to need you to PROVE you are worth it. How thrilled would you be to take a 20% less pay rate to stay working for some one who really wanted the guy you replaced to be his guy??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if its win some playoff games, how do you rate Stafford so high? See, this is a double standard that KC has had to fight for 3 years. Yet other fans who post on here regularly see his production. Too many Skins fans don't recognize what they really have.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if its win some playoff games, how do you rate Stafford so high? See, this is a double standard that KC has had to fight for 3 years. Yet other fans who post on here regularly see his production. Too many Skins fans don't recognize what they really have.

he must have some magical "it " factor we have missed

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC isnt elite . i will give anyone that but 3rd tier ? no 2nd tier solidly

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a true fan since '75, they are burgundy and gold. You put KC in a category just as I do, just a different one is all. And that is ok with me, apparently not with you, Shark or anyone who thinks KC is not yet elite so we must be ABC's. Not the case.

I don’t have a problem with you putting KC in a tier. I have an issue with you putting Smith, Stafford, and Dak in a tier above him without being able to intelligently back their placement.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only intelligent way to replace KC is via the draft. Ideally, we find a place holder for a year or two while we groom the rookie. That place holder might be Colt, or it could be Smith or Bradford or another journeyman QB. But that probably won't happen. We are not going to find a capable long term starter off of someone else's roster because, well, sane organizations don't let good QBs go.

Then there is the Redskins.......